• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus One time purchase of Rs. 962,000

I'm looking at purchasing a car and will pay Rs. 962,000 by CC. Shall I use Magnus w/o burgundy or Atlas?
Please confirm whether my below calculation is right or wrong:

Magnus : 150,000/200×12 = 9,000
812,000/200×35 = 142,100
Total Points: 151,100×2/5 = 60,440

Atlas (Already crossed 5L+ Milestone):
962,000/100×2 = 19240 + 5000 Milestone Benefit = 48,480

Magnus will be better in case incremental points receipt is not capped.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Swipe 100 rupees at car dealer and call axis to know MCC and category.

Or swipe 200 and wait for a week to see if points are accruing.
Okay as axis takes too long to credit the points at times, want to know which MCCs to look out for that are excluded. And which MCCs does a car dealer usually get wrong.

Like a hotel may have a restaurant MCC in in it’s restaurant.

Thanks!

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes... please check MCC before doing any major swipe. Many car dealerships are registered with insurance MCC on which MB will not give any points for swipe greater than 1L. For example, I did car servicing payment recently via an online link with SBI cashback and it turned out to be insurance MCC

Reactions: 787

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes... please check MCC before doing any major swipe. Many car dealerships are registered with insurance MCC on which MB will not give any points for swipe greater than 1L. For example, I did car servicing payment recently via an online link with SBI cashback and it turned out to be insurance MCC
Thank you for answering my question, it is what exactly I was looking for! Yes will look out for this, do a test transaction and then charge the full amount. Thank you!!

sriniak1303

TF Buzz
I have the same purchase coming up. I don't have an ordinary Magnus, I have an atlas. is it wise to get M4B? I have close to a 2.8L per month salary but the axis is denying to give M4B. Any RM who can work out this? please share details of RM if any

saketreddy

TF Premier
I have the same purchase coming up. I don't have an ordinary Magnus, I have an atlas. is it wise to get M4B? I have close to a 2.8L per month salary but the axis is denying to give M4B. Any RM who can work out this? please share details of RM if any
Need to open burgundy account with 10L AQB or 30L TRV if u want M4B for 30k fees.

Purely from reward rate, M4B makes sense.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I'm looking at purchasing a car and will pay Rs. 962,000 by CC. Shall I use Magnus w/o burgundy or Atlas?
Please confirm whether my below calculation is right or wrong:

Magnus : 150,000/200×12 = 9,000
812,000/200×35 = 142,100
Total Points: 151,100×2/5 = 60,440

Atlas (Already crossed 5L+ Milestone):
962,000/100×2 = 19240 + 5000 Milestone Benefit = 48,480

Magnus will be better in case incremental points receipt is not capped.
For such high one time spend get a burgundy magnus
Even normal Magnus is better than any other card.

ankurarora898

TF Select
I swiped 4L today at a car dealer have m4b, now just read they can have an insurance mcc.Still have to pay another 4.4 lakhs now will call and check the mcc

golu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Use optimisation approach.
I will suggest you should split your spend into two part.
Make some part of the spends using atlas card.
And rest of the spends using magnus card.
Calculate the best reward value you are getting on the amount you spent for both cards.
If you use both cards, you will also get milestone benefits, miles and egde reward points with AEP.