• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card users in India may no longer be able to overpay their dues

ppac18

TF Buzz
The explanation doesn't make much sense either. If banks are concerned about someone hacking my account to make international transactions, shouldn't they be putting in measures to avoid my account from getting hacked? Will the hacker (a) know exactly when I have added extra money to my account and (b) use only the extra money to do his transactions? Banks basically think they can feed people anything in the name of consumer safety.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even though I don't want to maximize my Credit Score, please share some resources if you have with respect to relationship between BNPL and Credit Scores. It will be good for knowledge.
For a real example, one of the users in this forum closed one BNPL account after my advice and he confirmed that his score had improved.. I will try to fin out that post.. you can also try searching for that

Last edited:

aayusharyan

TF Ace
For a real example, one of the user in this forum closed one BNPL account after my advice and he confirmed that his score was improved.. I will try to fin out that post.. you can also try searching for that
Yeah, that post I have seen, but I think that is an exclusive case (maybe based on his situation and other factors).

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah, that post I have seen, but I think that is an exclusive case (maybe based on his situation and other factors).
CIBIL is always highly dependent on individual cases….
What is BNPL ??unsecured personal loan..

How difficult it is to get?? Very very easy..

Why any one goes for BNPL generally??
Because it probably is the last resort.

Like this there are so many negative factors that this loan facility associates with and hence it is not a good credit product to have in the eyes of lenders and hence will definitely be factored in the CIBIL score accordingly..

There is no place to get the resource link you are after describing what does what on cibil score with certainty..
We need to derive some from the fundamentals

jetesh

TF Ace
Due to money laundering and fraud concerns, banks are either not allowing credit card users to pay more than their outstanding or are not refunding the excess amount.

Coming back to the original topic of this thread......

I usually pay in round thousands each month - for every card - rounded to the next thousand. So, there is bound to be an excess amount of about 2000 to 5000 or even more. Always, on every card.

No problem faced by me till now. No Banker refunded me the excess. Nor, they refused to accept more amount to the credit of my CC account. May be HUGE amounts attract such measures - if amounts are in lakhs.

Coming back to the original topic of this thread......

I usually pay in round thousands each month - for every card - rounded to the next thousand. So, there is bound to be an excess amount of about 2000 to 5000 or even more. Always, on every card.

No problem faced by me till now. No Banker refunded me the excess. Nor, they refused to accept more amount to the credit of my CC account. May be HUGE amounts attract such measures - if amounts are in lakhs.

THINK OF THE DEVIL... AND, THERE IT IS.

Just now got the following SMS.... From PNB Cards....

Dear Customer, Credit Balance of Rs.-xxxx. Xx is lying in your credit card ending xxxx. . Kindly submit request for reversal of amount at creditcardpnb@pnb.co.in or contact 18001802345 / 01204616200. -PNB

So, that's it.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has this been implemented yet? I have overpayment on my hdfc cc currently due to refunds. And wondering if they will refund the excess to my account automatically or I need to contact them?

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You need to request
Not sure why they implemented the rule where we need to request for refund. It would be good if it was automatically refunded.

Is there any thread to tell how to raise refund request for different bank ccs