• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Lifetime Free Issues

#aniket

TF Ace
Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285 @Rkr
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.

Attachments

• 1704818140363.jpg
    1704818140363.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 1704818071400.jpg
    1704818071400.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Solution
Same issue bro, despite having the proofs for kotak Indian oil card as free, including their agent assurance of lifetime free, whatsapp chat, charges as zero during application , I am writing to them on their credit cards email for the last 1 month, Everytime they are asking for proofs despite shared for 8 times already. Their nodal and PNO are equally pathetic as Exec and bafoons. I got frustrated with kotak bank behavior. Today placed a closure request After 2 months of card issuance. Their retention team happily approved and created a closure request. I didn't get help till banking ombudsman, No response from PNO and Ombudsman. You better try once.
@suryatejad Bro don't close it...I can relate with your frustration...

#aniket

TF Ace
@S S V I have shared the info that I have Email from the CC department stating it's LTF, though they are not willing to acknowledge and fix the discrepancy. 😐

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
With Kotak you need have a lot of patience, I'm a privy customer for almost 9 years now and trust me their privy customer service is equally pathetic.

Anyway coming back to your query, since you have written confirmation there is nothing you have to worry about or speak to anyone about it... Keep the email as reference & after the 1st year in case you see any charge ask them to reverse it basis the confirmation, however I'm sure they will not charge. Also you have RBI OMBUDSMAN to go to if they charge anything after the written confirmation that the card is LTF!

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Forward the email along with your complaint number and email screenshot.
Kotak grievance redressal is equally pathetic, I've dealt with them and its a waste of time. Since OP has written confirmation if they find the fees charged best will be to shoot a mail wait 30 days for the reversal and then complain to RBI OMBUDSMAN rather than wasting time with those jokers sitting in the grievance redressal team!

#aniket

TF Ace
Don't be and don't worry since you have written confirmation. No need to keep asking as you will get a diff reply everytime, that's typical Kotak
@ray8285 Thank You bro 🙏🙂 Yeah it's distressing to deal with them, they all talk differently and most of them are uneducated and having lack of information and all. Irony is that even on asking if it's so when Annual Charges will be lieved, he put on hold calculated then replied may be in Jan as Rupay is issued in Jan, but I asked give particular date, he can't. 🤣

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
With Kotak you need have a lot of patience, I'm a privy customer for almost 9 years now and trust me their privy customer service is equally pathetic.

Anyway coming back to your query, since you have written confirmation there is nothing you have to worry about or speak to anyone about it... Keep the email as reference & after the 1st year in case you see any charge ask them to reverse it basis the confirmation, however I'm sure they will not charge. Also you have RBI OMBUDSMAN to go to if they charge anything after the written confirmation that the card is LTF!
I was going to get Privy just to get KOTAK cc .. somehow i got cc just with application

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.
Funny thing about cc is it makes your anxious & give u relief at same time 😂..

As far as your ltf is concerned. Its all lies in bank promise and their commitment to fullfill it ..
But since u got it in writing..

Now that u got level 2 email .
Write good email .rephrase using chat gpt or bard ai 😁.

Then if it get solved viola ..
Then RBI.. will get u the relief..
Its a war of words and long winter ..
Not Pubg TDM match ..
Sit back and relax and enjoy

#aniket

TF Ace
Funny thing about cc is it makes your anxious & give u relief at same time 😂..

As far as your ltf is concerned. Its all lies in bank promise and their commitment to fullfill it ..
But since u got it in writing..

Now that u got level 2 email .
Write good email .rephrase using chat gpt or bard ai 😁.

Then if it get solved viola ..
Then RBI.. will get u the relief..
Its a war of words and long winter ..
Not Pubg TDM match ..
Sit back and relax and enjoy
Thank you bro for your suggestion.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Which one Legue or White Reserve?😅

So why you're eager to have Kotak Credit Card though having bad reward system except few offers on ecom like Flipkart and few others ?
Kotak Myntra rupay. ..flat 1.5% cashback on rupay ..
Better than neu plus i have ..
Direct cashback in account post transaction settlement.

Rohan

TF Premier
I used to have Kotak League LTF. Recently got upgrade offer to zen on wa message, after clicking to link and entering OTP got message we took upgrade request. Not showed any chargers or annual charge. After few days current card upgraded to zen. Mailed them regarding card chargers waiting for there reply.

If it is chargeable then is there any way to convert to LTF except retention.

#aniket

TF Ace
I used to have Kotak League LTF. Recently got upgrade offer to zen on wa message, after clicking to link and entering OTP got message we took upgrade request. Not showed any chargers or annual charge. After few days current card upgraded to zen. Mailed them regarding card chargers waiting for there reply.

If it is chargeable then is there any way to convert to LTF except retention.
@Rohan You can argue stating that there were no clear information that the zen card is chargeable, that's why you have upgraded, you weren't aware about the charges. So, based on this since you hold previous LTF card, request to change Zen also into lifetime being old valued customer, you need to mail and call them, again and again and try your luck, lastly only retention option is available, in case if nothing works.

#aniket

TF Ace
Kotak Myntra rupay. ..flat 1.5% cashback on rupay ..
Better than neu plus i have ..
Direct cashback in account post transaction settlement.
@DocFixIt Will try to upgrade my league into this one but I am not aware whether Co branded card like kotak Myntra is eligible for discount offers on Ecom, since you hold the card accumulate the info and either DM or reply over here.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@DocFixIt Will try to upgrade my league into this one but I am not aware whether Co branded card like kotak Myntra is eligible for discount offers on Ecom, since you hold the card accumulate the info and either DM or reply over here.
If any Offer comes in This republic day sales. .then i will update uh