• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card approved, but not the benefits

newprouser

TF Buzz
I had applied for the Millennia credit card and the bank says card was approved but the benefits were not approved.

Did anybody get message like this (see attachment mail1.png) - and if so, did you receive the welcome (spend based) gift vouchers (attachments offer.png) ?

Attachments

• mail1.PNG
    mail1.PNG
    31.5 KB · Views: 433
  • offer2.PNG
    offer2.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 426
  • offer1.PNG
    offer1.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 426

helloworld

TF Legend
1. Your card is LTF thats for sure.
2. You won't get welcome benefit or renewal benefit since you're not paying fee.

Remaining don't worry much, since anyway you have to spend on this new card, spend 500x2 times and if they provide Activation Offer, Special offer - enjoy. Otherwise, you can't do anything now - is it? because of not getting those benefits I don't think you cancel the card, so now you just have to hope - usually it will work but don't get much hopes on these two offers.

For now, enjoy LTF Millennia card and enjoy around 7% reward rate in a quarter on some spends.

Last edited:

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
2. You won't get welcome benefit or renewal benefit since you're not paying fee.

Remaining don't worry much, since anyway you have to spend on this new card, spend 500x2 times and if they provide Activation Offer, Special offer - enjoy. Otherwise, you can't do anything now - is it? because of them I think you won't cancel the card, so now you just have to hope - usually it will work but don't get much hopes on these two offers.

For now, enjoy LTF Millennia card and enjoy around 7% reward rate in a quarter on some spends.
Does this card allow- 10%+5%+(1k on 50k per Qtr) on HDFC Amazon or HDFC Flipkart offers?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I had applied for the Millennia credit card and the bank says card was approved but the benefits were not approved.

Did anybody get message like this (see attachment mail1.png) - and if so, did you receive the welcome (spend based) gift vouchers (attachments offer.png) ?
Wait for 90-120 days from card issuance date. I doubt that you will get 1500 voucher as already mentioned there:- on payment of fees
But you should get activation voucher

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The benefits might not come by as the card has been issued as LTF.

It's rare to get activation vouchers when no joining fee has been paid, HDFC has been getting stringent these days.

newprouser

TF Buzz

Remaining don't worry much, since anyway you have to spend on this new card, spend 500x2 times and if they provide Activation Offer, Special offer - enjoy. Otherwise, you can't do anything now - is it? because of them I think you won't cancel the card, so now you just have to hope - usually it will work but don't get much hopes on these two offers.

Thanks !

How did you get it ltf?

How did you directly apply it to get LTF?
Was it a targetted offer?

Yes, kept getting mails daily to apply for CC. Applied only when it was shown as LTF.

helloworld

TF Legend
Confirmation lo bank se ltf hai ki nahi
Hdfc bank ltf bol ke card deraha aur baad mein pata chalta hai ki card ltf nahi hai
Email karo ya X par DM karo confirmation lene ke liye

that email itself is proof for LTF and definitely eligible to fight incase any issues. no need to remind them again and change their decision.

Instant discount and Cc reward rate ?
Thread 'No more double dip on HDFC Credit Cards' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/no-more-double-dip-on-hdfc-credit-cards.18562/

This post I saw and it mentioned 1st Jan, 2023 but as of today everything as per double dip and moreover there is no T&C but email from employee where we may not have to believe and can be double check if needed (but if its me I'll do only if something happens, otherwise keep enjoying the benefits it offers).

If possible and available do share MITC document with that information, maybe I missed that.

Last edited:

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
that email itself is proof for LTF and definitely eligible to fight incase any issues. no need to remind them again and change their decision.

If possible and available do share MITC document with that information, maybe I missed that.

This post I saw and it mentioned 1st Jan, 2023 but as of today everything as per double dip and moreover there is no T&C but email from employee where we may not have to believe and can be double check if needed (but if its me I'll do only if something happens, otherwise keep enjoying the benefits it offers).
HDFC Bank debiting my EMI transaction reward points since last 3 months
I availed instant discount with this emi transaction

helloworld

TF Legend
HDFC Bank debiting my EMI transaction reward points since last 3 months
I availed instant discount with this emi transaction

Page 20.

Reward Points will also not accrue on transactions for Rent, Wallet Load, EMI, Fuel, Government (on Consumer Retail cards) and Education (on Business Retail cards).

Few notes:

- If your case mentioned in that document, then reversal can happen.
- If not, and they unnecessarily without informing deducting points, sent mail for explanation and also do share above pdf if that is their mistake.
- If they mention reason as 'that post you mentioned', then ask for same in MITC document for proof rather response in mail.
- If everything in your favour, collect all mails where they didn't provide proper explanation, and above MITC document not mentioned your scenario, and if it completes 30 days, open complaint with Ombudsman along compensation.

Check once, its been a very long time that I took anything on EMI except loans. so, not upto date with EMI conditions but as mentioned, availed 10% and 5% and didn't see any reversal (without EMI).

And also, only SBI follows this reversal and none of the other banks, afaik. APay,fk directly limit the access when purchasing throuh amzn, fk but not any reversals.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor

Page 20.

Reward Points will also not accrue on transactions for Rent, Wallet Load, EMI, Fuel, Government (on Consumer Retail cards) and Education (on Business Retail cards).

Few notes:

- If your case mentioned in that document, then reversal can happen.
- If not, and they unnecessarily without informing deducting points, sent mail for explanation and also do share above pdf if that is their mistake.
- If they mention reason as 'that post you mentioned', then ask for same in MITC document for proof rather response in mail.
- If everything in your favour, collect all mails where they didn't provide proper explanation, and above MITC document not mentioned your scenario, and if it completes 30 days, open complaint with Ombudsman along compensation.

Check once, its been a very long time that I took anything on EMI except loans. so, not upto date with EMI conditions but as mentioned, availed 10% and 5% and didn't see any reversal (without EMI).

And also, only SBI follows this reversal and none of the other banks, afaik. APay,fk directly limit the access when purchasing throuh amzn, fk but not any reversals.
Millenia cc still eligible for 1% cashback on emi transaction

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor

I too faced the same issue. Just wait for 3 months you'll receive 1500 Amazon voucher. Also they might charge joining fee but it will be reversed just notify the customer support