• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed credit card still on credit report

rk2022

TF Buzz
Hello,

I closed a ICICI secured credit card around 4-5 months back but it still shows up as active on credit reports. Is there anything that I can do?

Please advice. Thank you

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I closed a ICICI secured credit card around 4-5 months back but it still shows up as active on credit reports. Is there anything that I can do?

Please advice. Thank you
It won't go away atleast for a year. A card that I closed back in early 2021 (secured ICICI), only recently fell off one or two bureau's, rest of the bureau's still show it as active xD. If you want it gone, then contact ICICI CS.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Hello,

Please advice. Thank you
Bro i had icici coral which i closed in 2020 but still showed active till 2022. Earlier i don't check my cibil and all but when i checked i complained and they still took 2-3 months more🥲

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I closed my Paytm paylater in nov.2021.
It was shown closed in cibil too. But i see that it's been showing open again.
Why so ? What should I do ?

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I closed my one HDFC credit card in 2013 but it still shows in my CIBIL score :p.
I don't think there is any problem till the time it doesn't affect your timely payments.
it actually helps to increase the age and Avg age of your account, for me it added almost a decade to the age of account and improved my score

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Hello,

Please advice. Thank you
Mine same case, last year. Contacted ICICI on Twitter DM, they called back and took a request and was done by next CIBIL refresh.

Proffesor

TF Select
VIP Lounge
We shouldn't just open a BPNL accounts just for some vouchers or some signup rewards as it will show in cibil as a loan. only open those accounts if u need them.