• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Account closed, still being updated monthly

asm07

TF Buzz
Hi,
In 2022 I opened a One card FD card associated with sbm bank. Later I closed it in 2023 and it's reported as closed to all credit bureaus. But till date bank is reporting payment and usage details on monthly basis. It's zero every month, still why are they reporting? Shouldn't they stop after April 2023 when they reported account closed to the bureaus? IMG_20240325_090503.jpg

asm07

TF Buzz
This is amazing, you broke up with the bank but it has still been giving you positive feedback about you for over a year now.
Your ex-bank deserves an award for maintaining such an amicable post-breakup relationship! 😂🏦👏
Yeah, I wish I could find someone similar in real life 🤣.

Jokes apart, should I ask about this to sbm, one card or ignore?

Gaara

TF Ace
Jokes apart, should I ask about this to sbm, one card or ignore?
Legends must be busy with Holi celebrations. They'll give us clarity on this matter once they come online.
*In between I think it can be ignored, if it is bothering you better call up SBM and get it sorted.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Hi,
In 2022 I opened a One card FD card associated with sbm bank. Later I closed it in 2023 and it's reported as closed to all credit bureaus. But till date bank is reporting payment and usage details on monthly basis. It's zero every month, still why are they reporting? Shouldn't they stop after April 2023 when they reported account closed to the bureaus? IMG_20240325_090503.jpg
Same here as well...

Pk1155

TF Buzz
I had the same issue with OneCard By Federal Bank. Reported active even after 9 months of closing the credit card. After a lot of follow ups and threatening to take legal action, they've updated in experian as closed. Still waiting to update in cibil. After you close OneCard if you email them, no matter what your email is, you'll get a preset response stating thank you for your interest in OneCard but reapplying OneCard is currently not available. So raise an issue on twitter and get a ticket I'd regarding the same. Or else it won't be resolved.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had the same issue with OneCard By Federal Bank. Reported active even after 9 months of closing the credit card. After a lot of follow ups and threatening to take legal action, they've updated in experian as closed. Still waiting to update in cibil. After you close OneCard if you email them, no matter what your email is, you'll get a preset response stating thank you for your interest in OneCard but reapplying OneCard is currently not available. So raise an issue on twitter and get a ticket I'd regarding the same. Or else it won't be resolved.
this is an sbm problem.. they don't close account.. send email directly to sbm

asm07

TF Buzz
My account is reported as closed, no issues with that.
Only thing is even after reporting closed to all the credit bureaus, they're updating usage and dues (zero) every month.
I have asked sbm and onecard both over twitter, their response is awaited.