• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to link pinnacle card with indusind account,closed the account recently

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi friends,
I had a savings account with indusind bank,since the last 3 years.It was a joint account with my wife.We used to have FD's worth 5 lakhs previously in that account.Both of us have Legend credit cards,although we got them through Policy bazaar.I got the pinnacle card,in August 2023 in the hope of converting the savings account to Exclusive account.I tried to link the Pinnacle card to the existing savings account,in both the Internet banking and in the app.Despite multiple efforts,I could not link the card.I wrote a lot of emails to Indusind customer care,escalated it through proper channels,called customer care multiple times,no resolution from anybody.They reply by sending a case id everytime with the generic response,like unintall the app,reinstall and try again.I found the customer care guys to be rude,compared to all other banks.After a lot of waiting and some discussion,the call will be cut abruptly,and they don't bother to call you again.

I posted this problem in this forum and someone suggested to go the bank and try.I went to the bank and the Manager wasn't there at the time,the Deputy manager was least bothered with all this,he said they can't do anything about this,this has to happen at a higher level.I was frustrated by his attitude and said,i will close the account,if you don't show any responsibility.He said if you want to close the account,just give me your id,I will close the account.I didn't have my id photo copy with me at that time,and said I will return with my id.I got a call from the Manger after this,and he said,you give me a complaint in writing and I will take care of this linking,by sending it to higher channels.I wrote a complaint to him,about the problem with linking mentioning all the case id's I have about this problem.I waited for 15 days after this and nothing was happening.I tried to link the acoount with all the tricks suggested here,nothing happened.Same problem,I got vexed with all this and decided to close my savings account.Went to the bank and gave the request for closing of account along with the id.Then Manager came and asked me to reconsider my decision,i said I gave you 15 days time and no one bothered to call me or send an email to me in that time period,I don't want to deal with such kind of people and bank,and I closed the account.

I received a customer survey form later and I gave 1 star to the services.I got a call from the Regional Manager of the bank about the 1 star rating and I explained everything.Now they care,because I gave a 1 star rating.Honestly,I haven't seen such negligence at all levels,in any other bank.At some level there are some people who bother about the customers or atleast their reputation,no,not this bank.I am glad that i parted with them,though I still have the pinnacle card.

Linking the card with the savings account shouldn't be a hard thing,I don't know why Indusind is like this.In HDFC,IDFC First and most other banks,the card is reflected in the Internet banking before you get your hands on the card.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hi friends,
I had a savings account with indusind bank,since the last 3 years.It was a joint account with my wife.We used to have FD's worth 5 lakhs previously in that account.Both of us have Legend credit cards,although we got them through Policy bazaar.I got the pinnacle card,in August 2023 in the hope of converting the savings account to Exclusive account.I tried to link the Pinnacle card to the existing savings account,in both the Internet banking and in the app.Despite multiple efforts,I could not link the card.I wrote a lot of emails to Indusind customer care,escalated it through proper channels,called customer care multiple times,no resolution from anybody.They reply by sending a case id everytime with the generic response,like unintall the app,reinstall and try again.I found the customer care guys to be rude,compared to all other banks.After a lot of waiting and some discussion,the call will be cut abruptly,and they don't bother to call you again.

I posted this problem in this forum and someone suggested to go the bank and try.I went to the bank and the Manager wasn't there at the time,the Deputy manager was least bothered with all this,he said they can't do anything about this,this has to happen at a higher level.I was frustrated by his attitude and said,i will close the account,if you don't show any responsibility.He said if you want to close the account,just give me your id,I will close the account.I didn't have my id photo copy with me at that time,and said I will return with my id.I got a call from the Manger after this,and he said,you give me a complaint in writing and I will take care of this linking,by sending it to higher channels.I wrote a complaint to him,about the problem with linking mentioning all the case id's I have about this problem.I waited for 15 days after this and nothing was happening.I tried to link the acoount with all the tricks suggested here,nothing happened.Same problem,I got vexed with all this and decided to close my savings account.Went to the bank and gave the request for closing of account along with the id.Then Manager came and asked me to reconsider my decision,i said I gave you 15 days time and no one bothered to call me or send an email to me in that time period,I don't want to deal with such kind of people and bank,and I closed the account.

I received a customer survey form later and I gave 1 star to the services.I got a call from the Regional Manager of the bank about the 1 star rating and I explained everything.Now they care,because I gave a 1 star rating.Honestly,I haven't seen such negligence at all levels,in any other bank.At some level there are some people who bother about the customers or atleast their reputation,no,not this bank.I am glad that i parted with them,though I still have the pinnacle card.

Linking the card with the savings account shouldn't be a hard thing,I don't know why Indusind is like this.In HDFC,IDFC First and most other banks,the card is reflected in the Internet banking before you get your hands on the card.
Many Thread are there with the same issue..
Just search for it.

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I searched all those threads and implemented all the tricks about linking the savings account with credit card.None of them worked and tried for 6 months. I got frustarted with the attitude and negligence of Indusind bank,so closed the account.This thread is not about asking help in linking the bank account with the credit card,it's about the negligence of Indusind bank and the difficulty it's creating in linking the credit card in this day and age.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I searched all those threads and implemented all the tricks about linking the savings account with credit card.None of them worked and tried for 6 months. I got frustarted with the attitude and negligence of Indusind bank,so closed the account.This thread is not about asking help in linking the bank account with the credit card,it's about the negligence of Indusind bank and the difficulty it's creating in linking the credit card in this day and age.
Yeah.. Indusind bank customer service is worst. Took me two months to change my phone number..
acients IT infrastructure and bad customer service.

For FD you can consider RBL Or Fincare Bank..
Both have High interest + customer service is better compared to indusind.