• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CITI not sharing the exact reason for Card application rejection

chacks18

TF Select
I recently tried applying for the Paytm First CITI Card. My application was rejected straightaway.
I got to know that we can ask for the exact reason for rejection from banks in the recently held @TechnoFino twitter space. So then I've written to CITI seeking the exact reason. I tried asking them even attaching the RBL Guidelines screenshot and PDF also, but it didn't work. They are still sending me the same response internal policies and all. Can anyone help me with what to do next as I'm not being able to and have no idea what to do next?

Screenshot_20220328-183441.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-184848.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-184848.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 37

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently tried applying for the Paytm First CITI Card. My application was rejected straightaway.
I got to know that we can ask for the exact reason for rejection from banks in the recently held @TechnoFino twitter space. So then I've written to CITI seeking the exact reason. I tried asking them even attaching the RBL Guidelines screenshot and PDF also, but it didn't work. They are still sending me the same response internal policies and all. Can anyone help me with what to do next as I'm not being able to and have no idea what to do next?

2 things:-

1. Citi is anyway wrapping up their operations from India very soon, so even getting approval will not help after a certain period of time
2. Escalate the matter to the RBI, they will be forced to let you know. Follow the link https://cms.rbi.org.in/

chacks18

TF Select
2 things:-

1. Citi is anyway wrapping up their operations from India very soon, so even getting approval will not help after a certain period of time
2. Escalate the matter to the RBI, they will be forced to let you know. Follow the link https://cms.rbi.org.in
Thank you, I appreciate the response.
Actually, I'm aware of this but I don't want to wait a month long to just file a complaint and then wait for like 90 days for the resolution. Even 90 days are subject to change as I've previously experienced even more delay (almost 6 months) for my complaint against RBL Bank.

I'm just asking whether there is any alternative way to get their attention on this, Like escalation to their nodal team n all.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

email Citibank and put crpc@rbi.org.in in cc and see magic 😂