• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Citi bank application details

Skumar

TF Buzz
1) Does citibank approves application more easily if I have a salary account, with monthly salary of around 28K with them?

2) It says that I would get complimentary credit card. Is it true? How easy is it to get this card?

AsB

TF Ace
1) Does citibank approves application more easily if I have a salary account, with monthly salary of around 28K with them?

2) It says that I would get complimentary credit card. Is it true? How easy is it to get this card?
1) Yes.

2) Citi is strict in approving applications. Although they will limit some of criteria, but I dont think that they will just hand over a card

Patil007

TF Ace
1) Having salary account has highest chances of approval.
2) If you are salaried then also it is high chances, As I don’t have Citi saving account also, still they give me Rewards card twice. First in 2017-18 then I closed that and in 2022 also which I am using.
3) Yes many banks give complimentary credit cards while opening salary accounts.

4) ICICI gave me LTF credit card when I got my first job and opened salary account with them. I didn’t have any credit history as well that time and salary was 25K.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

You have 95% of getting a credit card from Citibank as you have a Salary account.

Cards you can avail can be Cash back or Rewards card, 30K spend in a annum no fee charged or 1000annual fee I believe.

DM me if you want a Referral link ;)

AsB

TF Ace
You have 95% of getting a credit card from Citibank as you have a Salary account.

Cards you can avail can be Cash back or Rewards card, 30K spend in a annum no fee charged or 1000annual fee I believe.

DM me if you want a Referral link ;)
Really? I think Citi is strict about salary criteria.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do they do vkyc and physical verification if holding a salary account?
Most of the banks do vKYC only now-a-days.

But remember with the Digital penetration, their vKYC is so smart that they will ask you to enable the location.(GPS)

So make sure things are intact, so no worries on any rejection in unwarranted ways

Skumar

TF Buzz
Most of the banks do vKYC only now-a-days.

But remember with the Digital penetration, their vKYC is so smart that they will ask you to enable the location.(GPS)

So make sure things are intact, so no worries on any rejection in unwarranted ways
No. I meant , do they do vkyc even if I have a salary account?