• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil score dispute

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello guys, need some advice.
For the first time I checked my credit score on https://myscore.cibil.com/ and checked my credit report and I find many wrong informations such as:
1. Well I find my date of birth is wrong.
2. Two emails, Three other phone numbers and Two address are present under contact info which are not mine.
3. Many random consumer loans and two wheeler loans mentioned there which I have never taken. (There exist few in list which I have taken)
So it is pretty obvious that this has happened because of some mistake.
Is the common issue which happen with most of the people or is it me unlucky.
Even after all this my cibil score is still 750+.
So I need advice how exactly I should proceed with raising a dispute in this scenario where so much incorrect data is present. And how this is gonna affect my credit score overall.

akshayhs

TF Ace
No, finding unusual accounts under your credit report is not common and certainly something has gone wrong (hopefully, not identity theft).

It's a pretty tedious task that you have at hand, because you need to:
1. Find out who has lent you so many loans without your consent.
2. Find out who is it that entity behind the updates to your credit report such as false personal and contact information.
3. Get all these details and following it up with them to have it removed from your account. You may need RBI's help if they don't respond properly.
4. Continuously monitor your report month on month to see if these false entries have been removed from your report.
5. Find out if you have been a victim of identity theft to be safe.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you for your response.
I think it has been done by mistake and not some identity theft.
How should I proceed with this?
Raise a dispute at cibil website will help? or shall I contact those banks who gave out these loans and ask them to fix there data at cibil ?

akshayhs

TF Ace
Thank you for your response.
I think it has been done by mistake and not some identity theft.
How should I proceed with this?
Raise a dispute at cibil website will help? or shall I contact those banks who gave out these loans and ask them to fix there data at cibil ?
Cibil will ask you to approach the lenders directly. No point in contacting them first.

Mayank-cc

TF Neo
I had a similar case and had incorrect loans in CIBIL, CRIF and Equifax reports.
I raised dispute on all these. CRIF and CIBIL resolved my issues in 30 days but Equifax came back with details are matching shit. I will raise and escalate the same with them and hopefully it resolves, if not then will approach RBI as they have recently started taking complaint against credit bureaus also.

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just checked my cibil report yesterday, I have 1 unknown loan account linked to my account in CIBIL & it has brought the score down from healthy 825 earlier last year to 600s.
The problem is the loan amount of 40k described as consumer loan and taken from a small time NBFC Fintree Finance Pvt Ltd, on contacting them they said its from some entity 'Paytail' which is not registered with RBI but a fintech startup.
Really puzzled on how to go about it.

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just checked my cibil report yesterday, I have 1 unknown loan account linked to my account in CIBIL & it has brought the score down from healthy 825 earlier last year to 600s.
The problem is the loan amount of 40k described as consumer loan and taken from a small time NBFC Fintree Finance Pvt Ltd, on contacting them they said its from some entity 'Paytail' which is not registered with RBI but a fintech startup.
Really puzzled on how to go about it.
Send email to cibil and also threaten the company which created the loan account in your case fintree finance pvt limited as its clear case of KYC FRAUD…also complain to local police station and cyber crime cell, they will rectify in 30 days it yoh properly follow up

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Send email to cibil and also threaten the company which created the loan account in your case fintree finance pvt limited as its clear case of KYC FRAUD…also complain to local police station and cyber crime cell, they will rectify in 30 days it yoh properly follow up
Thanks for your suggestions.
I have already marked this as dispute in CIBIL after taking their paid subscription.
I contacted Fintree, they said the loan is approved from Paytail and they are just their lending partner, I said it's not my job to chase with Paytail more so because they are not an NBFC & against this loan in my credit report your name is mentioned, I don't care what partnership you have with Paytail. They have not responded back. Will wait for a cooling period of 10 days as mandated by RBI then will complaint to the RBI Ombudsman.

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Today i.e. 8-May-23, I received an sms from CIBIL that my dispute has been resolved.

On checking CIBIL website today on 08-May-23, they closed the dispute writing “Please accept our sincere apology. TransUnion CIBIL on reviewing the information reported by bank /financial institution understands that the provided details are correct, we recommend you to get in touch with FINTREEFPL for required correction. As per Credit Information Companies Regulation Act, we are not authorized to delete or modify any records in your CIBIL Report without confirmation from the respective institute.”

Not receiving any email response from either “Fintree” or “Paytail”, I today on 08-May-23, phoned the customer care no. of “Paytail”, the support executive told me that the loan is visible under my name & due to it being unpaid till now is now stands at 70,000/- including interest charge/penalty. Then I probed a little deeper, he said the loan was taken from a electronic store, the verification was done using Aadhaar OTP, they do have a selfie picture of the person to which the support executive didn’t have access rights, on pressing further he agreed to share the last 4 digits of the Aadhaar on basis which this loan was taken, it is different from my correct Aadhaar, so I now get the hint that the person name is same as mine & they processed the loan on my PAN but his Aadhaar details, hence they reported all the other incorrect details like DOB, address etc.

I logged on to RBI Complaints website today 8-May-23, but on filling up the entity name, it shows the following message “As the entity against which the complaint is being lodged is presently not covered under the Reserve Bank – Integrated Ombudsman Scheme(RB-IOS), 2021, kindly note that the complaint shall be lodged with the Consumer Education and Protection Cell of RBI for redressal.”

I don’t know what Consumer Education and Protection Cell of RBI is, though, I checked RBI registered NBFC data, “Fintree” name is there, I don’t know why it doesn’t come under Ombudsman scheme.

These guys have really pissed me hard. Really in a soup, how to go about it.