• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL has a new look : Refreshed their dashboard & few other practical changes !!

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Having logged into my CIBIL dashboard, I was surprised to see the refreshed & the new look. The archaic look has been refreshed with a brand new & a crisp looking UI. Practicality and new features have been added now.

Now all the "Active" accounts are clubbed together at the top of the account summary section (No more searching for open & closed accounts), while the "Closed" accounts have been clubbed together underneath the "Active accounts", this is a saviour, especially for people with lots of credit accounts.

Also a new "repayment options" tab has been added, which shows accounts that could be negatively affecting the CIBIL score (Not sure how TransUnion will operate that or if they plan to make it a chargeable service in the future).

The tabs felt easier to navigate with the refreshed UI & with easy to locate tabs for market place, alerts, plan upgrade options and more. This enhances the user experience IMO.

To sum it up, though some might find these changes "old wine in a new bottle", which to an extent it is, but some of the new features like clubbing the "active" accounts together was long missed and much needed especially for people who have lot of credit accounts or upgrade / downgrade cards frequently as banks sometimes just don’t close the old accounts unless escalated.

This UI refresh was long overdue as checking the Cibil report even in free services like Gpay was easier because of its simple, crisp yet interactive UI ! Hopefully TU will squash any bug in the near future.

So, this was just my take on how the new refreshed Cibil interface looked & felt. I have also added a screenshot of the new dashboard with this post.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Attachments

• NEW LOOK FOR CIBIL.png
    NEW LOOK FOR CIBIL.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
CIBIL sending me alert @6am in the morning about ICICI sneaking with incomplete application hitting into enquiry dashboard
ICICI things :ROFLMAO:

Owl Creeping GIF

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes very nice look now and seems to have done away with the archaic tabs. I just hope they get an option of faster updates of personal info which these agents fill all random stuff and one is not able to change easily even after requests

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I just hope they get an option of faster updates of personal info which these agents fill all random stuff and one is not able to change easily even after requests
Good luck with that bro !!

They have my middle name as "REMOVEDDATA" 😨 & repeated emails, requests have all gone in vain ! I mean who has "REMOVEDDATA" for a name ?

Credit Bureau data & especially the bureau reporting are utter useless more times than not in India, at least till now ! RBI should lay stricter guidelines in regards to these & also impose penalty & award compensation for those affected, otherwise this nonsense will never stop.

The amount of time some of us spend to get these erroneous data corrected, should never be as it is sheer wastage of one's resource, time & energy !

Honestly, it is beyond me why RBI is NOT imposing stricter guidelines when it comes to bureau reporting !!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zed

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Having logged into my CIBIL dashboard, I was surprised to see the refreshed & the new look. The archaic look has been refreshed with a brand new & a crisp looking UI. Practicality and new features have been added now.

Now all the "Active" accounts are clubbed together at the top of the account summary section (No more searching for open & closed accounts), while the "Closed" accounts have been clubbed together underneath the "Active accounts", this is a saviour, especially for people with lots of credit accounts.

Also a new "repayment options" tab has been added, which shows accounts that could be negatively affecting the CIBIL score (Not sure how TransUnion will operate that or if they plan to make it a chargeable service in the future).

The tabs felt easier to navigate with the refreshed UI & with easy to locate tabs for market place, alerts, plan upgrade options and more. This enhances the user experience IMO.

To sum it up, though some might find these changes "old wine in a new bottle", which to an extent it is, but some of the new features like clubbing the "active" accounts together was long missed and much needed especially for people who have lot of credit accounts or upgrade / downgrade cards frequently as banks sometimes just don’t close the old accounts unless escalated.

This UI refresh was long overdue as checking the Cibil report even in free services like Gpay was easier because of its simple, crisp yet interactive UI ! Hopefully TU will squash any bug in the near future.

So, this was just my take on how the new refreshed Cibil interface looked & felt. I have also added a screenshot of the new dashboard with this post.

Let me know what you guys think :)
No change in app look.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
In the new UI, I refreshed my score today at around 9AM, and my score suddenly changed from 750 to NH (No History) now. No changes in my report either since yesterday. What sorcery is this? Talked to them and they are asking me to fill a long form.
How did you talk to them? Any contact info of CIBIL Bureau?

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Good luck with that bro !!

They have my middle name as "REMOVEDDATA" 😨 & repeated emails, requests have all gone in vain ! I mean who has "REMOVEDDATA" for a name ?

Credit Bureau data & reporting are both utter useless more times than not in India, at least till now ! RBI should lay stricter guidelines in regards to these & also impose penalty & award compensation for those affected, otherwise this nonsense will never stop.

The amount of time some of us spend to get these erroneous data corrected, should never be as it is sheer wastage of one's resource, time & energy !

Honestly, it is beyond me why RBI is NOT imposing stricter guidelines when it comes to bureau reporting !!
I'm fully with you on this!! When I raised a ticket on CIBIL portal, they wrote data is provided by the lenders and hence any changes would be subject to confirmation!! I mean what confirmation is needed? Today every company when giving a CC / loan takes Aadhar card details or fingerprints. CIBIL can very well map using Digilocker or other digital means to ensure that a person who wants to change his or her info just needs to upload the Aadhar and the details in CIBIL can then reflect the right data after due confirmation. How difficult would this really be? But no. Don't think this will ever happen as such progress is shunned by the sluggish market leader.

My CIBIL information too so many glaring inconsistencies. For people (like me) who have an obsession to ensure that core details are correctly captured at all 'service' locations, such outrageous errors and inability to change them leads to a lot of frustration.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm fully with you on this!! When I raised a ticket on CIBIL portal, they wrote data is provided by the lenders and hence any changes would be subject to confirmation!! I mean what confirmation is needed? Today every company when giving a CC / loan takes Aadhar card details or fingerprints. CIBIL can very well map using Digilocker or other digital means to ensure that a person who wants to change his or her info just needs to upload the Aadhar and the details in CIBIL can then reflect the right data after due confirmation. How difficult would this really be? But no. Don't think this will ever happen as such progress is shunned by the sluggish market leader.

My CIBIL information too so many glaring inconsistencies. For people (like me) who have an obsession to ensure that core details are correctly captured at all 'service' locations, such outrageous errors and inability to change them leads to a lot of frustration.
They are only the market leaders coz the rest 3 are worse. IMO EQUIFAX is the worst of the lot followed very closely by CRIF ! They algo is utter rubbish. Experian is lazier than TU !

All the bureaus, the banks, the fintechs are getting away with this utter rubbish because RBI has complete failed to impose stricter guidelines or impose harsh penalties on the erring institutions, whether it is a bank or a credit bureau. I should never have to chase a bank or the bureaus to report or show the correct data. If they never fail to report a missing payment they should never fail to report an ON time payment too !

Irony is the bank which might destroy a person's credit profile by reporting wrong data, will reject a fresh loan / CC basis the same wrong data reported by themselves.

Unless RBI brings stricter rules & start imposing hefty fines, nothing will change ! Laziness is a state of mind !