• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil dropped from 792 to 785 but didn't apply any card or loan. No notifications in Cibil too.

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys
I checked my score in Cibil app 3 days ago. It dropped from 792 to 785.
I didn't apply for any new card or LE or loan.
The last hit from the CIBIL notifications I can see is of May.
The utilisation is 4% since January.
I took a no cost EMI which finished in June mid when the latest statement was generated.
Any idea why the sudden hit from 792 to 785?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@vaibhav111 @Wealth is my birth right! @Shivashankar
I have yearly subscription of CIBIL. I checked full PDF and like I mentioned above, the last enquiry was in May. But that didn't changed CIBIL.
Suddenly (now) 4 days ago, CIBIL dropped. That's why I'm confused like why this happened..
It would be very interesting to see your report contents in a day or two. I believe you might find answers to your questions in a day or two.
You might ask why?
Here is the answer.
What I observed quite a few times is,
The score impacts first and in a day or two the accounts/enquires / whatever that causes the score to be impacted, will be reflected in your report later in a day or two...
For eg:
Three days ago , my score was increased by 5 points(from 779 to 784) , at that time there was absolutely no difference of the report content between the day before and that day. The next day , my new secured loan appeared in the list. Score remained same at 784...

The above could be one possibility out of so many ... There may be other reasons for your score fluctuations..
Just my 2 cents.

Note: I check my cibil report atleast 5 times a week for the last 3 years.. and I have subscirbed to CIBIL until 2026...
I also have also subscriptions for Experian, Crif and Equifax... This secured loan was reported in Crif about 20 days ago and Experian 7 days ago ( in experian they reported as unsecured, I have raised this issue with them already). Equifax still need to be updated...

In my case, Citi n BOB - reported to CIBIL in Jan 2023. The relative cards were CLOSED MUCH BEFORE 2023. These 2 banks reported AFTER 10 YEARS - for the CCs closed in 2003.

And, the funny part is - as of now - neither Citi nor BOB are in the CC business.

Citi sold to Axis.
BOB sold CC business to BOB FINANCIALS.

After writing to them, with a lot of legal jargon, these extraneous entries were removed. CIBIL up by 11 points.