• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL alert for new hard enquiry, but no new data in credit report !

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys,

I got a sms and email alert today morning that there was a new lender enquiry. Email’s subject says “your credit score has changed”. I haven’t applied for anything since a month.

Later in the evening when I fetched my latest CIBIL report dated today, it is not showing any change in my score , and there’s no new lender enquiry too.

In the past , whenever I have received an alert, I could find the corresponding enquiry in my report almost immediately.

So I am wondering what today’s alert was for ? Any ideas or similar experiences ?

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys,

I got a sms and email alert today morning that there was a new lender enquiry. Email’s subject says “your credit score has changed”. I haven’t applied for anything since a month.

Later in the evening when I fetched my latest CIBIL report dated today, it is not showing any change in my score , and there’s no new lender enquiry too.

In the past , whenever I have received an alert, I could find the corresponding enquiry in my report almost immediately.

So I am wondering what today’s alert was for ? Any ideas or similar experiences ?
As you haven't applied for anything then it might be some technical glitch that might have triggered the SMS.

Reactions: BMR

Rashya

TF Select
Guys,

Even I received such updates couple of times through email and SMS but no enquiries in Cibil when I checked

dhshankar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys,

It happened to me as well - I got alert that there was new CIBIL query today .. When I was referring to my report, I see that the alert is for the query made last month . It seems alert was delayed

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It happened to me as well - I got alert that there was new CIBIL query today .. When I was referring to my report, I see that the alert is for the query made last month . It seems alert was delayed
Yeah. A month ago, there was a legit enquiry and I got no notification back then. So this must be delayed. Thanks.

Rashya

TF Select
Today, got an email alert that there is some change in my cibil because a new loan account has been opened. Whereas I didn’t get any loan and the report also doesn’t show any loan, even my score has also not changed.

CIBIL has to update their systems, I feel they have some old ones

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Guys,

Same here bro got 3 alerts!

I got 3 alerts last week in a single day. I almost bought a subscription to see what triggered these alerts. Looks like they are false alarms too. Will wait for a week and get my new year free report from Cibil to check.

souvikr

TF Premier
Seems like nasty trick to sell subscriptions. They are hoping some people will get worried and purchase the subscription to check the score regularly. I hate the fact that they are charging us for showing our own data.