• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Change my HDFC account to Saving max or Classic banking

tiny

TF Premier
I am maintaining around 1.5L in my account which is a basic account which 5K MAB and I want to switch to saving max or classic banking.But the problem is that my home branch (in tier 2 city ) is 80Km away from me and I reside in Delhi. And I am not planning anytime soon to visit my home branch. How can I do that..?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For branch change, you can always to write a letter to your Home Branch Manager requesting for a branch change and that you cannot visit the branch personally due to Covid reasons.

Edit - You should also attach some proof of ownership like Self-Attested copies of bank statement and KYC docs etc.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
In HDFC Online Is Not Possible So You Can Try This One @tiny
For branch change, you can always to write a letter to your Home Branch Manager requesting for a branch change and that you cannot visit the branch personally due to Covid reasons.

Edit - You should also attach some proof of ownership like Self-Attested copies of bank statement and KYC docs etc.

joshi.mohit86

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Tl;dr: They do allow account closure from any branch.
I know this is off topic here. But since I’ve submitted closure form last week from another branch and the request was honoured so putting my experience. So maybe you can try visiting the nearest branch and ask them for the conversion (or maybe ask for account closure and new account opening in the nearby branch if they don’t allow conversion from non-home branch).
I’d salary account with HDFC, but due to company change and they HDFC don’t have my employer listed the account got converted to savings account.
I’ve visited the branch to ask if the account can again be converted to salary account (few months back maybe March, I’ve got a call from home branch, some random guy trying to sell some product saying he is RM though received calls from different persons called that time and said they were RM…. I’ve told this guy I want to close the account what is the process for that, he asked my employer and told me it’s listed so if my salary gets credited to the account it will again be converted to salary account…. Maybe he had not checked full employer name and just after seeing multiple organisations listed with similar name he told me about this). On visiting the nearby branch, the team handling salary accounts supported me in finding out the employer isn’t listed so I was left with option to continue or close.
I’ve decided to close 😀 and it was done from branch ~1200km far from my home branch 😅.

ujjawal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No The Process Is… First You Have To Visit Your Old Branch To Transfer Your Account Then You Have To Visit New Branch For KYC Purposes…
I got hdfc branch chane for my wife's Preferred account just by submitting a form in New branch, there was no need to visit old branch or do any KYC, within a week branch was changed.

tiny

TF Premier
ok so I emailed them and I received a call from my home branch banking executive. He told me to go to the nearest branch and call me I will talk to them and get your account converted..!!

thank you @anirbanm

tiny

TF Premier
Email/Twitter se wo seedha ho jaate hai ...
one more question will my debit card charges be refunded
Email/Twitter se wo seedha ho jaate hai ...
hiii @anirbanm one last question. Is saving max account worth it because right now all I have to maintain 5k with basic saving account but with saving max it will be 25k. I dont do a lot of NEFT-IMPS etc etc. I have already paid for debit card and all I am interested in CC in the end. The bank manager also agreed to change my account to classic or preferred.