• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CCcollectors - What are the best Cards to hold today?

Pr@k

TF Select
with all the available information on them lets Remove Magnus/Reserve , Infinia & AMEX Plat Charge from the list.

What are the others cards you hold and would recommend to others.

jade

TF Premier
Could you elaborate?
MRCC may be one of the best in terms of rewards. Spending Rs 6000 and getting 1000 rewards points is good. Moreover the redemption option AMEX provides is wide. My strategy would be if I can spend one lakh in a month, I would use Magnus. If I cannot spend one lakh, I would use MRCC for Rs 6000 and then proceed with SBI Cashback for rest of my expenses

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I plan to keep only the below credit cards and close the rest of the cards (all citi 2+ Amex 3+ some other cards ) to keep it simple.

Axis Magnus (paid) - For 1L milestone ( And above 200/-)
HDFC infinia (paid) - Below 200/- and After Magnus 1L limit is reached
Tata neu RuPay (LTF) - For all chai/ pan shops that don't accept cards.
( I still miss DCB 33% unlimited + citi gold debit 22% )

I believe the above will give decent returns (20-30+ %) on spending around 20-22 lakh or more /yr. I don't see much value in keeping and juggling 6-10 cards to increase returns by 3-4 % Max.

The above theory applies to the number of stocks/ MF/ properties. The increased number may start taking a toll on the stress side due to every time decision-making.
Maybe I am getting old :)
What's the requirement for infinia? And what if we can't get infinia? Then what to replace it with.

Last edited:

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What's the requirement for infinia? And what if we can't get infinia? Then what to replace it with.
I personally hold DCB currently and find its 3.3% flat reward structure hassle free after I exhaust my 1 lac Magnus limit. Moreover Smartbuy is still rewarding if not the best if used wisely plus the monthly DCB milestones of 80K, 5L Fee waiver limit, & International lounge access for Primary & Addon Holders (Biggest drawback of Magnus after 8 free guest visits) as well as other memberships

Also HDFC redemption (Hotel/Flights) is simpler to use if one counts that as a plus since not much planning is required.

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Really precise and crisp. Magnus & Infinia (Both paid) I feel are a satisfactory combo for most use cases. Any LTF cards are an added bonus and can be used for that one time bank offer.

Any reason for closing all 3 Amex cards ?
What's your strategy for wallet loads?
Both the cards don't give any points on wallet loads.

sv004

TF Premier
People who have DCB own atleast 2 or 3 backup cards anyways.

But yea acceptability can be a problem , but I personally did not face much issues offline/ online for majority of my spends.
I had dcp and it was rejected at many places and even websites. Finally switched to millennia. Its always better to have cards on visa and mc platform

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had dcp and it was rejected at many places and even websites. Finally switched to millennia. Its always better to have cards on visa and mc platform

It's necessary to have backup cards on MC/Visa platform.

Just coz it is not accepted at few places doesn't make it a bad card. The rewards far outweigh the issue of non acceptance.

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What's your strategy for wallet loads?
Both the cards don't give any points on wallet loads.
I personally do not use wallet loads so doesn't concern me.
It's necessary to have backup cards on MC/Visa platform.

Just coz it is not accepted at few places doesn't make it a bad card. The rewards far outweigh the issue of non acceptance.
+1

IMHO DCB if used properly can be quite rewarding. But yes at some portals there are acceptance issues and there is no denying that fact.
Therefore Magnus+DCB/Infinia I feel is a great combo to have.

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I personally do not use wallet loads so doesn't concern me.

+1

IMHO DCB if used properly can be quite rewarding. But yes at some portals there are acceptance issues and there is no denying that fact.
Therefore Magnus+DCB/Infinia I feel is a great combo to have.

Totally agree 100% with this.
I currently use Magnus + DCB + SC Ultimate (for wallet). So these cards I would say are my primary cards.

manishtaneja90

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I plan to keep only the below credit cards and close the rest of the cards (all citi 2+ Amex 3+ some other cards ) to keep it simple.

I believe the above will give decent returns (20-30+ %) on spending around 20-22 lakh or more /yr. I don't see much value in keeping and juggling 6-10 cards to increase returns by 3-4 % Max.

The above theory applies to the number of stocks/ MF/ properties. The increased number may start taking a toll on the stress side due to every time decision-making.
How DCB 33% unlimited

RohitSah

TF Buzz

Can anyone please explain what does he mean by DCB 33% unlimited?