• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CCcollectors - What are the best Cards to hold today?

Pr@k

TF Select
with all the available information on them lets Remove Magnus/Reserve , Infinia & AMEX Plat Charge from the list.

What are the others cards you hold and would recommend to others.

rogerthat

TF Ace
A

Amex membership rewards and Gold charge card are good with high reward rate if you can spend just 6k-6k per month on both these cards consistently.
Yep exactly! That is what I do.

AMEX Gold charge:
3x Rs.1000 Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers (on 5X reward multiplier) to pay utility bills
1x Rs.1000 Uber voucher (on 5X reward multiplier)
2x Rs.2500 NPS payments

AMEX MRCC
2x Rs.1500 Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers (on 2X reward multiplier) to pay utility bills
1x Rs.1500 Freecharge/PayTM wallet load
1x Rs.1500 Any random PoS swipe (there will be one surely) if not will buy another APay GV.

This way I get 2680 points every month. This means I will reach the threshold of 18K points every 7 months minimum (usually I reach every six months on incremental spends). These 18K points are then redeemed for Gold Rewards catalogue of Rs.7000 Amazon Pay GV. This nets a minimum of 6.7% return (usually around 7.2% in my case) which is far better than any other card I can think of for utility payments and especially NPS. Quite convenient.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

AMEX Gold charge:
3x Rs.1000 Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers (on 5X reward multiplier) to pay utility bills
2x Rs.2500 NPS payments

AMEX MRCC
2x Rs.1500 Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers (on 2X reward multiplier) to pay utility bills
1x Rs.1500 Any random PoS swipe (there will be one surely) if not will buy another APay GV.

This way I get 2680 points every month. This means I will reach the threshold of 18K points every 7 months minimum (usually I reach every six months on incremental spends). These 18K points are then redeemed for Gold Rewards catalogue of Rs.7000 Amazon Pay GV. This nets a minimum of 6.7% return (usually around 7.2% in my case) which is far better than any other card I can think of for utility payments and especially NPS. Quite convenient.
With Freecharge and paytm u can add Mobikwik too if required or interested with MLY limits of 2500/-

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

AMEX Gold charge:
2x Rs.2500 NPS payments

AMEX MRCC

How do you get to 6.7 or 7.2% considering annual fee especially on gold charge when your combined annual spends are around 2lakh.

rogerthat

TF Ace
How do you get to 6.7 or 7.2% considering annual fee especially on gold charge when your combined annual spends are around 2lakh.
Sorry, I should've mentioned as conditions apply given if the renewal fees are waived off.

Like I said, this is the minimum. I manage to make one or two large spends and then call them up an try to get it waived. It works most of the time. I think I managed to get it waived half of the years including the first year (FYF).

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Sorry, I should've mentioned as conditions apply given if the renewal fees are waived off.

Like I said, this is the minimum. I manage to make one or two large spends and then call them up a try to get it waived. It works most of the time. I think I managed to get it waived half of the years including the first year (FYF).
When is the right time to call for annual fee waiver in gold charge?
My card anniversary is sep’23

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Verified ways to get Tata Neu Infinity LTF? LTF not showing in the banner. I have heard someone contacted Tata Neu Twitter for LTF offer and they got LTF offer showing in few days. And someone said he did some transactions here and there and go LTF. I don't have any genuine transaction but wants Tata Neu Infinity card.

kshitij_0

TF Ace

Like I said, this is the minimum. I manage to make one or two large spends and then call them up an try to get it waived. It works most of the time. I think I managed to get it waived half of the years including the first year (FYF).
How to get FYF? Through Referral link? I already have MRCC and I don't want any hassle of verification and all. So can I directly call CC to upgrade or what's the best way to apply Gold Card? Can I change the address of dispatch?

rogerthat

TF Ace
How to get FYF? Through Referral link? I already have MRCC and I don't want any hassle of verification and all. So can I directly call CC to upgrade or what's the best way to apply Gold Card? Can I change the address of dispatch?
In my case they offered me the card as a part of a promotion campaign in the company I was working at that time. The company is a big AMEX customer (corporate cards). I guess AMEX runs FYF offers every now and then.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

AMEX Gold charge:
2x Rs.2500 NPS payments

AMEX MRCC

Where do you get these APay vouchers from? Amazon directly?

Edit: Never mind, you mentioned Rewards Multiplier. Didn't know Amazon vouchers are back on RM. Can you please share a link? I can't seem to find it.

Edit again: Found it

Last edited:

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

AMEX Gold charge:
2x Rs.2500 NPS payments

AMEX MRCC

This way I get 2680 points every month. This means I will reach the threshold of 18K points every 7 months minimum (usually I reach every six months on incremental spends). These 18K points are then redeemed for Gold Rewards catalogue of Rs.7000 Amazon Pay GV. This nets a minimum of 6.7% return (usually around 7.2% in my case) which is afar better than any other card I can think of for utility payments and especially NPS. Quite convenient.
One more question: aren't you paying extra commission for wallet loads? Is that offset in your net rewards calculation?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can anyone please explain what does he mean by DCB 33% unlimited?
DCB initially had no restrictions (Monthly/Yearly limit) to earn 10X points per month via vouchers and DCP partners. The 10X means 33% cashback. The resumptions were without restrictions. So if you spend monthly 1 lakh rs on DCB for anything, you will get points worth 33k. Now pay the DCB bill via the citi gold debit card you will again get cashback. So for 12 lahks yearly spend, you could have 4+ lakh back, which can fund US/UK trips. All those things are now gone.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

How much to spend to get the annual fee waiver, without spending the whole MRCC amount of 1.5L?

aijaz21ahmad

TF Buzz
Magnus...1L
ACE....POS after 1L Magnus
AIRTEL....Airtel & BB through Neu
SBI CB....Big ticket online purchase
SBI OCTANE +......None now(will close)
BOB ETERNA........None now(will close)
RBL FUN+.............holding due to oldest one
ICICI CORAL......LTF
ICICI APAY..........LTF(will close)

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Magnus...1L
ACE....POS after 1L Magnus
AIRTEL....Airtel & BB through Neu
SBI CB....Big ticket online purchase
SBI OCTANE +......None now(will close)
BOB ETERNA........None now(will close)
RBL FUN+.............holding due to oldest one
ICICI CORAL......LTF
ICICI APAY..........LTF(will close)
Curios to know why icici apay would be close??

List of cards I hold -
Axis Select - LTF
Axis Magnus - LTF
Axis Myzone - LTF
Axis Flipkart - LTF
Axis Ace - ₹590
SBI Cashback - ₹1179
SBI Prime Vistara - ₹3539
SBI BPCL Octane - ₹1770
SBI BPCL - LTF
RBL Zomato Edition - LTF
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF
ICICI HPCL Coral - LTF
ICICI MMT Platinum - ₹500 Joining Fee
ICICI Sapphiro Amex - LTF
Indusind Aura Edge - LTF
HDFC TATA NEU Infinity RuPay - LTF
HDFC Regalia First - LTF
IDFC First Millennia - LTF
One Metal Card - LTF
Kotak White - LTF
Kotak Zen - LTF
BOB Premier RuPay - LTF

Best Use Case -
Online - Axis Magnus/SBI Cashback
UPI - HDFC TATA Neu Infinity/ BOB Premier
Fuel - SBI Bpcl Octane/ICICI HPCL Coral
Restaurant - Axis Magnus/SBI Vistara
Offline - Axis Magnus/SBI Vistara
Insurance - Axis Magnus/SBI Vistara
Utility Gpay - Axis Magnus/AXIS Ace
BMS Events - AXIS Burgandy DC

Planning onto getting -
1. Amex Card (Please suggest with low fee & high value)
2. HDFC Infinia (I’m getting paid card & not LTF. Should I get it?)
3. Upgrade my IDFC to Select/Wealth

Not planning on to closing any LTF cards as I don’t mind keeping them in my drawer. Suggest which paid card I can close & what will be the best use case scenario?

Last edited:

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
List of cards I hold -
Axis Select - LTF
Axis Magnus - LTF
Axis Myzone - LTF
Axis Flipkart - LTF
Axis Ace - ₹590
SBI Cashback - ₹1179
SBI Prime Vistara - ₹3539
SBI BPCL Octane - ₹1770
SBI BPCL - LTF
RBL Zomato Edition - LTF
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF
ICICI HPCL Coral - LTF
ICICI MMT Platinum - ₹500 Joining Fee
ICICI Sapphiro Amex - LTF
Indusind Aura Edge - LTF
HDFC TATA NEU Infinity RuPay - LTF
HDFC Regalia First - LTF
IDFC First Millennia - LTF
One Metal Card - LTF
Kotak White - LTF
Kotak Zen - LTF
BOB Premier RuPay - LTF

Best Use Case -
Online - Axis Magnus/SBI Cashback
UPI - HDFC TATA Neu Infinity/ BOB Premier
Fuel - SBI Bpcl Octane/ICICI HPCL Coral
Restaurant - Axis Magnus/SBI Vistara
Offline - Axis Magnus/SBI Vistara
Insurance - Axis Magnus/SBI Vistara
Utility Gpay - Axis Magnus/AXIS Ace
BMS Events - AXIS Burgandy DC

Planning onto getting -
1. Amex Card (Please suggest with low fee & high value)
2. HDFC Infinia (I’m getting paid card & not LTF. Should I get it?)
3. Upgrade my IDFC to Select/Wealth

Not planning on to closing any LTF cards as I don’t mind keeping them in my drawer. Suggest which paid card I can close & what will be the best use case scenario?
Kudos
First of all applying this many cards and maintaining is a big task I can say
Further getting ltf from Axis bank it’s not easy
Use cases are fine
Paid infinia it’s not required since u hold Magnus card
Pls add Amex mrcc which u can get fyf if u use my referral and second yr onwards spend 1.5l on mrcc so that it will be charged free