• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Caution) Check your AIS. Banks have reported high value Credit Card spends for FY22-23.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
If you have been filing return for past couple of years you can justify this from your savings or else file rectification return more than your spends with additional income as gift from your parents
What if Parents did not showed it in their ITR.
One Can not escape by using Gifts.

There are already sufficient Sections in Income Tax Act and ITD will use all the Alphabets from A to Z to introduce more sections if nedeed

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ITD doesn't work to prove somebody's innocence. It's you who have to prove it by showing bank and loan statements.
I just shared my agony ! I know ITD work for whom and work for what. This community for sharing information , knowledge , experience and agony too. If you go this way , I will better than you 😉

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Then better file rectification itr now showing income more than documented spends. Show additional income as gift from parents. In this way you can have a sound sleep without fear of notice in future. Sometimes CA don't guide properly as they'll earn from you later also when you receive notice

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Then maybe show as payment made for company or friends
One Just need Proper trail of txns.

If one do not have it then it may beome a problem in case of Scrutiny.

No need to do such Practices, show it as gift or some other treatment. This is done mostly when you want to Show your income under 5 Lakh Slab when actually you fall in Taxable slab.

If one is student and do not have any Income then no need to do such Practices. Instead keep Proper trail of txns

Last edited:

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please don't spread misinformation man. If you don't know a thing simply ignore or ask for help rather than spending misinformation. I used my card for around 14L and paid all using my friends accounts and still my CA warned me. Doesn't matter who's paying at the end it's your card being used.
Clear ur bills using other persons account, in that way u can spend unlimited without any issues!

kushhh

TF Ace
If you have been filing return for past couple of years you can justify this from your savings or else file rectification return more than your spends with additional income as gift from your parents
In my case i have been filling the return for many years , and spent around 30% more than my salary credit... So how can I justify that i used my savings? Where will I get that option to justify

Last edited:

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You can say that you got money from your parents or close relatives. These days notice comes in AIS first. Better stop doing that from now on

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You would have deposited cash or got money into your account to pay your cc bills. You can say you got that from your parents. No need to worry if per card spend or per bank cash deposited is less than 10lakhs as it doesn't gets reported

kushhh

TF Ace
You would have deposited cash or got money into your account to pay your cc bills. You can say you got that from your parents. No need to worry if per card spend or per bank cash deposited is less than 10lakhs as it doesn't gets reported
Okay , so there's an option for feedback on AIS , so i write there "Gifted Money from Parents"?

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Okay , so there's an option for feedback on AIS , so i write there "Gifted Money from Parents"?
Is there proof to show that they transferred money online to you ?

As cash transactions above 200k

Please note that as per the present provisions of tax laws in case a person accepts any gift beyond Rs. two lakhs in cash, he may become liable to a penalty equal to the amount of gift accepted in cash. So avoid accepting gifts beyond two lakhs in cash.

Be very careful about all this as to cover one mistake you may incur more and get into a trap