• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Caution) Check your AIS. Banks have reported high value Credit Card spends for FY22-23.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just because something has been reported in AIS doesn't necessarily mean tax notice. Often entries are double counted in AIS.

Guess only those PPL who mindlessly rotated money between cc and bank account will have to worry especially if the AIS report is significantly higher than ITR.

For others it's ok and relax. Even if Bank reports say 14 lakh in AIS and the ITR is 30 lakh it's fine
Well said, For ITD there are much bigger fishes to catch than these petty thousands or lakhs

hs23

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No specific instructions as such mentioned by the ITD.

This is the bare text form section 285BA section read with rule 114E.

"
Payments made by any person of an amount aggregating to—
(i) one lakh rupees or more in cash; or
(ii) ten lakh rupees or more by any other mode,
against bills raised in respect of one or more credit cards issued to that person, in a financial year."
"

From a plain reading, it can be interpreted that they are referring to payments made against the credit card bill. However, a bank can adopt a different approach and consider the total purchases made in a financial year in its calculation. We don't have any case law yet to get a proper analysis of the text.

As a safe approach I will suggest that one should make sure that
1) Their Debit transactions are under 10L, ignoring any reversal of that debit transaction.
2) Total Amount of Bills raised during the year is less than 10L
3) Total Credits(Payments) are under 10L.

It's worth noting that your income should ideally match your expenses. If you can justify your expenses and have a legitimate source of income to cover them, you should not have to worry about such reporting.
Upto 10L per CC issuing bank in not problem, correct? each bank will update IT only if cumulative spends on all the card issued by them in > 10L / financial year?

margan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Upto 10L per CC issuing bank in not problem, correct? each bank will update IT only if cumulative spends on all the card issued by them in > 10L / financial year?
What is the bad thing about this ?
I mean..... for a salaried person with 15L(ITR) and if the credit card spends reported by the bank is >12L.... it will create a problem ?

I get the logic of, a person's total income should be greater than total expenditures...

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What is the bad thing about this ?
I mean..... for a salaried person with 15L(ITR) and if the credit card spends reported by the bank is >12L.... it will create a problem ?

I get the logic of, a person's total income should be greater than total expenditures...
No, it may create a problem for those who file ITR for 5L or below 😅

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
high value? how high is high :) if v high then high to very high chances of questions from high officials in higher authorities.. so Hi(re) a highly quality CA to highlight the accounts and save you from hiding transactions. keep your head high and accounts higher..
Mostly PPL ask about
40k hdfc millniea
& Maybe 5-7 l rbl dc in a year

One can easily justify that .

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Mostly PPL ask about
40k hdfc millniea
& Maybe 5-7 l rbl dc in a year

One can easily justify that .
yes for sure.. reasonable expenses.. but offlate seeing some crazy stories so "high" is too open ended.. 50L grocery spend, some 25L UPI transfer in the year with 5L income, 6cr cc spend.. etcetc.. ufff..

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor
high value? how high is high :) if v high then high to very high chances of questions from high officials in higher authorities.. so Hi(re) a highly quality CA to highlight the accounts and save you from hiding transactions. keep your head high and accounts higher..@s1t2y3a3m6
By chance recently watched V for Vendetta movie ;)