• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CANARA BANK PASSBOOK ENTRY ISSUE

Bob78900

TF Premier
Today i went to the bank after a long time my to print passbook. But the guy there printing passbook said we will not print passbook in which there are upi transactions. I know i can use netbanking and all but our parents like the old traditional way of printing passbook. If anyone can confirm they have faced this type of issue in canara bank or any other bank.

yolofino

TF Ace
Today i went to the bank after a long time my to print passbook. But the guy there printing passbook said we will not print passbook in which there are upi transactions. I know i can use netbanking and all but our parents like the old traditional way of printing passbook. If anyone can confirm they have faced this type of issue in canara bank or any other bank.
Just tell him that you will complain to higher authorities.

If he doesn't buzz, do complain on Twitter or the bank's grievance team.

Passbook + its printing is your right, get it.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Just tell him that you will complain to higher authorities.

If he doesn't buzz, do complain on Twitter or the bank's grievance team.

Passbook + its printing is your right, get it.
Bank said use netbanking that's my mother account. My father stopped printing passbook because everytime he go they make excuses like machine is not working server issue sometimes there was no employee to print passbook. And also there is no machine to print passbook that barcode machine.

From my personal experience, i can easily say that canara bank employees are the most RUDE employees a Bank can have.
last year, the guy denied updating my passbook just because he saw the number of transactions to be printed on the passbook. I told him to give me account statement on an A4 size page, he denied for that too very rudely.

yolofino

TF Ace
Bank said use netbanking that's my mother account. My father stopped printing passbook because everytime he go they make excuses like machine is not working server issue sometimes there was no employee to print passbook. And also there is no machine to print passbook that barcode machine.
Don't listen to the branch employees. Just make a formal complain online that the branch people are denying to give you and print your passbook.

yolofino

TF Ace
From my personal experience, i can easily say that canara bank employees are the most RUDE employees a Bank can have.
last year, the guy denied updating my passbook just because he saw the number of transactions to be printed on the passbook. I told him to give me account statement on an A4 size page, he denied for that too very rudely.
You should have complained.

Souvik

TF Premier
Take it to Twitter, tag all those inefficient canara bank banking handles to raise a complaint, social media escalation works well at times.

Finally, the fact that you still have an account at a government bank which is well known to be lazy and inefficient is your problem after all. Canara/SBI is behaving like they should. :LOL:

Now there are many people here who will come by and say I have good experience in SBI or Canara or x bank. Fact is PSB's are the most inefficient in the country and you should avoid them for savings at least, I also had the same problem and somehow convinced my mom to move money little by little off from SBI To Axis Bank until she was more confident on a private bank (Axis). Now my mom's transaction in SBI have gone down and she uses Axis more as its easy.

Its more about building that confidence to deal with Private banks amongst senior citizens, else your peril/unnecessary fights will continue in years to come.

Bob78900

TF Premier
At that time i asked my father if we should complain or not, he said" Chor na, kya complaint kare ab" :p
Hahaha same one day my father tried to withdraw around 10k from atm but he received only 8700 from atm so he complained to the branch but till 2months he didn't get any solution then he said the same thing chor ab kitni baar complaint kaare hona hota tho ab tk ho jata😔 This happened with canara bank

Bob78900

TF Premier
Take it to Twitter, tag all those inefficient canara bank banking handles to raise a complaint, social media escalation works well at times.

Finally, the fact that you still have an account at a government bank which is well known to be lazy and inefficient is your problem after all. Canara/SBI is behaving like they should. :LOL:

Now there are many people here who will come by and say I have good experience in SBI or Canara or x bank. Fact is PSB's are the most inefficient in the country and you should avoid them for savings at least, I also had the same problem and somehow convinced my mom to move money little by little off from SBI To Axis Bank until she was more confident on a private bank (Axis). Now my mom's transaction in SBI have gone down and she uses Axis more as its easy.

Its more about building that confidence to deal with Private banks amongst senior citizens, else your peril/unnecessary fights will continue in years to come.
Actually yes our parents trust govt banks more. My mother wants to open another account so i suggested her to go for kotak 811 or icici mine but she said no private banks . Sbi or bob that's it😂

Bob78900

TF Premier

Actually i have never used Twitter 😂 I don't know that i have to Make a public tweet or have to personally dm the respective bank

Bob78900

TF Premier
Don't listen to the branch employees. Just make a formal complain online that the branch people are denying to give you and print your passbook.
To be whenever i complain online to griveance department they forward my complaint to branch and branch give me irrelevant solutions.
I have debit card which expired on nov 2021 so received the new card . But till today my expired card shows active in net banking and mobile banking i complained about this but they said hotlist the card no proper solution 😔

Bob78900

TF Premier
Only @anirbanm have good experience in canara bank😂

Bob78900

TF Premier
Yes they don't print the passbook if you have loads of transactions. They say use net banking but just think from a senior citizen perspective will all the senior citizens are using Smartphones i don't think all are tech geeks😔

prc1990

TF Legend
Yes they don't print the passbook if you have loads of transactions. They say use net banking but just think from a senior citizen perspective will all the senior citizens are using Smartphones i don't think all are tech geeks😔
Hard copy nehi chahiye for some reason, tab online statement nikal lijiye.

yolofino

TF Ace
To be whenever i complain online to griveance department they forward my complaint to branch and branch give me irrelevant solutions.
I have debit card which expired on nov 2021 so received the new card . But till today my expired card shows active in net banking and mobile banking i complained about this but they said hotlist the card no proper solution 😔
Complain on PGPortal then.