• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CANARA BANK PASSBOOK ENTRY ISSUE

Bob78900

TF Premier
Today i went to the bank after a long time my to print passbook. But the guy there printing passbook said we will not print passbook in which there are upi transactions. I know i can use netbanking and all but our parents like the old traditional way of printing passbook. If anyone can confirm they have faced this type of issue in canara bank or any other bank.

Shankara A

TF Buzz
At that time i asked my father if we should complain or not, he said" Chor na, kya complaint kare ab" :p
My father had locker with canara bank , he closed it in last financial year, returned locker key to the branch, bank refunded locker sequrity deposit. But next year again they charged locker rent, upon enquiry they denied it, but after showing passbook entry of refunded locker deposit, and asking for the register where locker related entries are registered, bank manager accepted their mistakes and dad wrote a letter for reversal of deduction locker rent, then manger scanned the letter and forwarded it to head office email and CC to dad's email, ( this is happened in January 2022) till now nothing happened,

My father stoped enquiring it now ,

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
For these sarkari uncles... Only one solution..... Complain on twitter.... These days... Social media escalation is highest escalations in banks.... After your complaint... They will get very good music hearing from higher officials.... And your work will be done in a jiffy.... With chai nasta included.... And then the employee will remember you for your future works.... It worked for me in sbi....

Bob78900

TF Premier
For these sarkari uncles... Only one solution..... Complain on twitter.... These days... Social media escalation is highest escalations in banks.... After your complaint... They will get very good music hearing from higher officials.... And your work will be done in a jiffy.... With chai nasta included.... And then the employee will remember you for your future works.... It worked for me in sbi....
Never used Twitter just once 😂😂 now i think its time to reset Twitter credentials 😂

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They have launched an app called "Canara ePassbook" which is available in AppStore and play store. It is simple and requires only your customer id and mpin.

They have stopped printing passbooks for any customer in Andheri West SSB Branch where I have an account and we were told to download the app.

Bob78900

TF Premier
They have launched an app called "Canara ePassbook" which is available in AppStore and play store. It is simple and requires only your customer id and mpin.

They have stopped printing passbooks for any customer in Andheri West SSB Branch where I have an account and we were told to download the app.
That's not fair. Do you think everyone uses mobile banking or internet banking? I saw people using upi but they don't use internet banking or mobile banking. So it's unfair I'll visit the branch when I'll get time i have complained regarding this and got a reply we have told the branch to do the needful. If they still don't print then I'll make another complaint after that RBI

Bob78900

TF Premier
True
But if one can use UPI then why not pass book app ... Anyhow
Okay you're totally right but our parents and their parents generation are using upi but they still like the old traditional way of getting their account statement printing passbook. If bank refuse them to print passbook what will they do. My mother uses upi but she also wants her passbook to be updated idk why but they have some kind of obsession with passbook. But idk why banks have issue in printing passbook