• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Business Moneyback credit card limit enhancement and upgrade

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
Hello everyone

My credit history began in July/23 and I was offered Business M.B CC as my first card (the others being CSC, and other cr*p) and I excitedly accepted it as it was my first CC offering. I have a current and savings account with them, current is already in the classic program.

Got a limit of 1L, and have been using the card regularly, their annual waiver req (50k) I spent
/spend in one quarter, but still, I haven't gotten a single limit enhancement offers, or worse I wasn't aware how "good" this card is, then.

Is there any way that I can convince them to issue me a Milennia instead of this cr*p, or am I stuck with this? It's a tier 3 city and here nobody cares enough about all of this.
I have no other CCs from any other bank. Suggest me the best course of action, as I'm still new into the CC game. :)

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
There is no straight way to get LE but use your card frequently for shopping from amazon, flipkart or other platforms and even you can atleast give try to their EMI.

Though nothing is still sureshot to get LE.But somehow it works.

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
There is no straight way to get LE but use your card frequently for shopping from amazon, flipkart or other platforms and even you can atleast give try to their EMI.

Though nothing is still sureshot to get LE.But somehow it works.

I am using it frequently for Amazon surely, paying utility bills (elec, recharge), doing wifi recharge, and all sorts of ecommerce transactions.

I might need a LE atleast in 6 months because I'm at my current rate spending the same as their fee waiver requirement amount every quarter, and also the fact that 100% expenses are all personal. :/

Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I am using it frequently for Amazon surely, paying utility bills (elec, recharge), doing wifi recharge, and all sorts of ecommerce transactions.

I might need a LE atleast in 6 months because I'm at my current rate spending twice of the fee waiver requirement amount, and also the fact that 100% expenses are all personal. :/
Then better try sending forms for mannual LE to HDFC Chennai Card division address.They will honour if everything seems as per their TnC.

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
Then better try sending forms for mannual LE to HDFC Chennai Card division address.They will honour if everything seems as per their TnC.
I have sent emails to both grievance redressal and escalation cc emails of theirs, hoping for the best. If nothing comes out of it, I'll try the Chennai office route, thanks for the help @Rkr

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
You can ask upgrade to Millenia cc they will upgrade
I have mentioned that I'm doing only personal expenses with it, in the mail. Hopefully they will pay heed, and get me out of this cr*p, as there's only business regalia I can upgrade to, from this.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone

My credit history began in July/23 and I was offered Business M.B CC as my first card (the others being CSC, and other cr*p) and I excitedly accepted it as it was my first CC offering. I have a current and savings account with them, current is already in the classic program.

Got a limit of 1L, and have been using the card regularly, their annual waiver req (50k) I spent
/spend in one quarter, but still, I haven't gotten a single limit enhancement offers, or worse I wasn't aware how "good" this card is, then.

Is there any way that I can convince them to issue me a Milennia instead of this cr*p, or am I stuck with this? It's a tier 3 city and here nobody cares enough about all of this.
I have no other CCs from any other bank. Suggest me the best course of action, as I'm still new into the CC game. :)

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Unfortunately, you were stuck in vicious cycle of one of the worst credit card journeys in any country, I think..
Pathetic..
You almost suits the typical case of what HDFC wants from it's newly acquired customers..

Recommendation:
1) get some other banks CC to suit your spend
2) close hdfc card
3) wait for better offers from hdfc. .

More later

I have mentioned that I'm doing only personal expenses with it, in the mail. Hopefully they will pay heed, and get me out of this cr*p, as there's only business regalia I can upgrade to, from this.
Following this thread. Are they ready to provide you Business Regalia? Please post the outcome of your request when you hear from them, as there are many in the same boat including myself.

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
Following this thread. Are they ready to provide you Business Regalia? Please post the outcome of your request when you hear from them, as there are many in the same boat including myself.
I haven't got any offers for Biz Reg yet, I meant only that's the card I can upgrade to, in "business" cards section. For now I'm trying to steer away from this asap, and get a Milennia :/

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Hello everyone
Welcome to the TF and not so welcomed to HDFC (going by the cursed card you hold).
Since you are new to CC and I presume to H-D-F-C blunder.
Go through following threads. Drink water in between and I am sure by the time you finish reading the threads you yourself will become HDFC CC expert.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Welcome to the TF and not so welcomed to HDFC (going by the cursed card you hold).
Go through following threads. Drink water in between and I am sure by the time you finish reading the threads you yourself will become HDFC CC expert.

and he can open a CC consultancy business as well

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Bus kar bhai...Rulayega kya..🤪🤪🫡🫡💯💯

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
Unfortunately, you were stuck in vicious cycle of one of the worst credit card journeys in any country, I think..
Pathetic..
You almost suits the typical case of what HDFC wants from it's newly acquired customers..

Recommendation:
1) get some other banks CC to suit your spend
2) close hdfc card
3) wait for better offers from hdfc. .

More later

Yeah I was not CC savvy when I got offered the card, and didn't know of this community either.

I am thinking to get a second card from some other bank yes, I also am seeing a virtual UPI credit card on my savings account netbanking but it is a virtual one. Is it possible to upgrade to a better card in the future with this "second card"!?

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier

Damn thank you so much man for the concern and help, I have seen a few of them, but others I'll check surely :/ I feel extremely stuck at this point.

Would you suggest me to give them a "threat" or to close this dogshiz card, but I heard closing a core card is really bad?