• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC credit card upgrade and limit enhancement

Above 5L, Salary more than 3-3.5L per month input, Metro Pincode and some luck with IDFC algorithm.
My friend entered just Rs 1 lakh salary per month and C2C Axis credit card with limit 2.5 lacs and he was offered Wealth credit card with 5.5 lacs limit. His location is Mumbai. Axis credit card was his highest limit reported in CIBIL before getiing IDFC Wealth credit card. His CIBIL score is 773. He was just looking for a basic IDFC credit card but fortune favors the brave.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My friend entered just Rs 1 lakh salary per month and C2C Axis credit card with limit 2.5 lacs and he was offered Wealth credit card with 5.5 lacs limit. His location is Mumbai. Axis credit card was his highest limit reported in CIBIL before getiing IDFC Wealth credit card. His CIBIL score is 773. He was just looking for a basic IDFC credit card but fortune favors the brave.
Verification?? Which ones

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
last point I mentioned is luck with Algorithm of IDFC.

I have entered 8L HDFC Infinia and 3.5L Salary even got select. So depends on IDFC algorithm and Pincode mainly.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
IDFC denied me for C2C upgrade as well as limit enhancement. I am having IDFC select card with 4.4 Lakhs limit. Still they neither increased limit not upgraded it to wealth
If you really want IDFC wealth only and ready to lose Select try to close Select and apply using another mobile number and try getting wealth but luck matters the most, many users of TF community got it that way.

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
I had Neu Plus card with credit limit of 75k while my other cards had close to 8L of limit. I tried reasoning with them mentioning the same but they didn't agree and told me to try with salary slips after 6 months of card approval.
Exactly after 6 months I sent them last 3 months of salary slip and they increased the limit to 4L!
After I got the limit increase, I applied for an upgrade to Neu Inifinty and they processed immediately.
I would say your best bet is with salary slips. Drop a mail to their grievance redressal team at "Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com" citing that you want a limit enhancement based on salary and they'll probably process it.
I tried in the same way, they told that I have the best limit for my neu infinity ( 1.5lakh)

I have cards with 15+ also. HDFC behaves strange 🤣

lightwaves

TF Premier
I have HDFC Milennia LTF credit card since 1.5 years. But the credit limit is only 26000, I don't know why they are not increasing the limit as my other credit cards have much higher limit like, ICICI-4,60,000 Axis - 2,52,000 etc. I want to upgrade the same to Regalia gold. Can anyone please help?
If you have decent spending, you’ll get automatic LE offer. Otherwise it’s difficult.

lightwaves

TF Premier
HDFC is unpredictable that way. --- I've got multiple substantial LEs for my virtually unused card!
That’s strange. I’ve got LE while I was spending average. Recently I’ve stopped spending on that card and there’s no LE offer. When I reached out to my RM, he said the spending is very less.

Trust Me

TF Ace
That’s strange. I’ve got LE while I was spending average. Recently I’ve stopped spending on that card and there’s no LE offer. When I reached out to my RM, he said the spending is very less.

RMs are trained to deflect queries by saying whatever (with full confidence that they would never be found out)!

I believe there are various parameters involved in deciding on LEs for each individual customer. We, as customers, are not privy to those details. I suspect most RMs are also quite clueless themselves, but, for obvious reasons, couldn't possibly appear to be so!

lightwaves

TF Premier
I suspect most RMs are also quite clueless themselves
I have observed that, every time I have a query regarding the CC, my RM reaches out to another team. And in most cases they happen to have the correct/most updated information. I guess when I asked him regarding the LE, may be he just said what he knew/thought he knew without talking to other team ;)

glnarayanan

TF Buzz
HDFC LE appears to be the hardest to get. I got LE back in 2022 after multiple RM and RM manager escalations, to push my DCB into Infinia.

The next LE happened after 6 months of followups + document sharing, in Jun 2023 (~16% increase). No LE after that despite multiple requests and RM push.

Most of my spends in the last few months have been on HDFC Infinia - 12 months usage is > 12L, 6 months usage is > 9L.

I also have Marriott Bonvoy and Tata Neu Infinity (plus gained and closed the Swiggy HDFC card after a month of having it). Does having Co-branded cards an issue with HDFC for LE? (though the last LE @ 16% came in 4 months after I got the Tata Neu card).

Any experience? Does pushing through BM work for HDFC LE?