• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BharatNXT: Best App for Rent Payment with Credit Card!! (@1.59% charges)

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had called Axis a few days ago. They told me the MCC code was for utility/gas/electric payments. I have only done a total of 1100 rupees so far

I was planning to pay my society maintenance bill through this, but if there is a risk of card getting blocked, I wont do that
Smaller transactions (<50k) should be fine because you can provide bill if axis asks you to justify your transaction.

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I do monthly the shortfall of 1lac in last week just one entry in one billing cycle
From dec till last month no concerns in magnus
I mostly have around 50 to 70k expenses on pos and bb or fk it’s a combined spending of 3 couples in my family
So to reach milestone I am ok for that 1.09% in BharTnxt and I got good referral earlier like 1500 bhrt cash as free
Use it less with combination of pos and ecomm so systematically ur card will not get on their system AI as red flag
thanks, I'm not planning to use it regularly and not for very large amounts. My monthly spend often exceeds 1L (last month had to pay the kids fees, some airfare etc. - came to nearly 3L), but there are some months of 70-80k; that's when I plan to use it
earlier I was paying rent with the card so wasn't a problem

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
thanks, I'm not planning to use it regularly and not for very large amounts. My monthly spend often exceeds 1L (last month had to pay the kids fees, some airfare etc. - came to nearly 3L), but there are some months of 70-80k; that's when I plan to use it
earlier I was paying rent with the card so wasn't a problem
Sure if u mix use then its safe
Some ppl greedily transferring 1lac to friends account and paying bill from there so this kind of users will get caught soon

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sure if u mix use then its safe
Some ppl greedily transferring 1lac to friends account and paying bill from there so this kind of users will get caught soon

If you have spends on 75k on other spends and maybe do a spend of 25k i don't think Axis will have any issue.

But if your only txn on the card are BharatNxt to reach target of 1 lakh for sure, you cannot escape.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I transfer 35k to my wife every month for various household expenses. Is it ok to use this app with different credit cards every month?

SiddharthR

TF Ace
I transfer 35k to my wife every month for various household expenses. Is it ok to use this app with different credit cards every month?
Yes, there will not be any problem if u have multiple credit cards.
but why are u willing to pay 1.6% charges? (Yeah, It will be nill if u have more rewarding CC)

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, there will not be any problem if u have multiple credit cards.
but why are u willing to pay 1.6% charges? (Yeah, It will be nill if u have more rewarding CC)
Just considering! Probably makes less sense to pay 1.6% extra to just get some miles.
I have Axis Magnus, SBI vistra, Tata Neu and Amex MRCC cards. Amex is not supported on BharathNXT I guess.
I am trying to maximize my miles or hit any milestones or cross fee waiver if they are close at the end of the month.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Just considering! Probably makes less sense to pay 1.6% extra to just get some miles.
I have Axis Magnus, SBI vistra, Tata Neu and Amex MRCC cards. Amex is not supported on BharathNXT I guess.
I am trying to maximize my miles or hit any milestones or cross fee waiver if they are close at the end of the month.
Yes amex not acceptable in airtel as well as BharTnxt

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am still confused, In bharatnxt different categories have different MCCs? If i click on Rent and transfer, does that fall under rent MCC? Has anyone tried this? I am not sure if my landlord will be comfortable transferring money through business payment

Strange

TF Legend
I am still confused, In bharatnxt different categories have different MCCs? If i click on Rent and transfer, does that fall under rent MCC? Has anyone tried this? I am not sure if my landlord will be comfortable transferring money through business payment
How will he know that you did business payment? 😁

Last edited:

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

3. Cashback provided by cards are as follows:
CardCB/RP (%)Net Charges (%)
IDFC FIRST Power Plus50
SBI Card ELITE Business3.750
IDFC FIRST Power2.50
Axis Ace20
Axis Flipkart/ HDFC Tata Neu Infinity1.50.09
SBI Simply Click1.250.34
Axis Magnus1.20.39
Cashback SBI/ HDFC Tata Neu Plus10.59
BOB Eterna0.3751.23

4. Convenience Fee/ Service Fee (inc. GST):
BharatNXT charges a convenience fee to facilitate the transaction. The fee depends on the type of settlement and credit card you choose:

1. For Retail/Personal Credit Cards:-
  • Quick Pay (Same day settlement)- 1.71% {Till 3rd March: 1.50%}
  • Classic Pay (T+1 day settlement)- 1.59% {Till 3rd March: 1.30%; Till 28th March: 1.53%}
  • Lightening Pay (Within 3 hrs)- 2.06% 🆕
  • Utility & GST Bill payments (T+1 day settlement)- 1.3%
2. For Corporate/Business Credit Cards:-
  • Quick Pay (Same day settlement)- 1.77%
  • Classic Pay (T+1 day settlement)- 1.77%
  • Lightening Pay (Within 3 hrs)- 2.95% 🆕
  • Utility & GST Bill payments (T+1 day settlement)- 1.3%
Interested..!

But before i register, want to know more.
I understood the convenience fee part.
But what are these net charges?

I have Axis Ace/Tata Neu Infinity/SBI Cashback.
Suppose i pay rent 10k via BNXT with classic pay, what will be final amt in case of each card?

SiddharthR

TF Ace
Interested..!

But before i register, want to know more.
I understood the convenience fee part.
But what are these net charges?
Net charges= Convenience Fees- Cashback Rate/Reward Rate
(Negative is considered zero)
I have Axis Ace/Tata Neu Infinity/SBI Cashback.
Suppose i pay rent 10k via BNXT with classic pay, what will be final amt in case of each card?
₹10159 for any Personal Credit Card like yours,
Net Reward Rate= 0.4%, -0.09% & -0.59 respectively.

SiddharthR

TF Ace
Good point :D but some ppl are saying it wil be shown as business tax or axis wil block card etc, hence double checking
If u have genuine personal spends like Rent, Utility, etc. Any bank can do nothing, u just need proofs to show if asked. Moreover, u can read TechnoFino's threads on Axis asking proofs for personal spends done on credit card.

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Net charges= Convenience Fees- Cashback Rate/Reward Rate
(Negative is considered zero)
So how to read net charges column? Lower is better or how? 🤔 (Negative considered as zero has added to my confusion.)
And does it mean BOB Eterna is best card for use in this app or IDFC First Power?

₹10159 for any Personal Credit Card like yours,
Net Reward Rate= 0.4%, -0.09% & -0.59 respectively.
Would you say it's worth the hassle for 0.4%?

SiddharthR

TF Ace
So how to read net charges column? Lower is better or how? 🤔 (Negative considered as zero has added to my confusion.)
Leave that as it is, just calculate net reward by yourself OR consider first one as best card & last one as worst.

@Wealth is my birth right! @Chaitanya-a Explain in other words if u can

And does it mean BOB Eterna is best card for use in this app or IDFC First Power?
IDFC First Power is the best one, BOB Eterna is worst.
Would you say it's worth the hassle for 0.4%?
Of course, yes (BTW, no hassle in transferring),
bcoz almost all banks charging for Rent Payment & not giving any reward.

AU LIT is best for you considering ₹10K/month

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Leave that as it is, just calculate net reward by yourself OR consider first one as best card & last one as worst.

Actually why I didn’t attempted the charges part is because the user have to create account and check by inputting various amounts so that they can play on hands along with charges and rewards with the cards which they own

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Thanks for explaining. 👍🏼
And will think about AU LIT. 🙂