• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best mode of payment for booking train tickets through IRCTC

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Hey folks,
I have to book a train ticket through IRCTC. Wanted to know your expert opinions about the best mode of payment.
Which app and which credit card is the best?
Is it Payzapp?

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
1) How to book train tickets using Payzapp Wallet balance?
2) Best payment method for Tatkal Ticket Booking? Priority is quick transaction and then rewards.
you will either get reward or tatkal ticket not both, for tatkal use the normal IRCTC, at max IRCTC GV. Amazon is not recommended for Tatkal as it ask you to enter IRCTC password post payment bythat time tatkal will be gone.

If booking tatkal you have 2 options either use useless kotak CC to avoid 1.8% PG charges or have a IRCTC Co-branded CC like BOB or SBI or HDFC, but it has its NASA level T&C.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
you will either get reward or tatkal ticket not both, for tatkal use the normal IRCTC, at max IRCTC GV. Amazon is not recommended for Tatkal as it ask you to enter IRCTC password post payment bythat time tatkal will be gone.

If booking tatkal you have 2 options either use useless kotak CC to avoid 1.8% PG charges or have a IRCTC Co-branded CC like BOB or SBI or HDFC, but it has its NASA level T&C.
I generally use UPI option. Is CC/DC option faster/better?

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
I generally use UPI option. Is CC/DC option faster/better?
I had a bad experience with UPI for tatkal, as no prompt was sent for payment approval for 4-5 mins so missed tatkal after that never used UPI. I remember some of my card number so I enter very quickly like in less than 30 sec so for me CC is faster, it depends on person to person.

but if you don't want to enter Card number again and again while booking tatkal activate IRCTC wallet and add money in it 1-2 hours before tatkal opening via CC but keep 100-200 rs more than intended amount eg:
Tatkal ticket - 1000rs
IRCTC wallet should be - 1100 otherwise it will throw insufficient balance error.
IRCTC wallet is the fastest way to book tatkal.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I had a bad experience with UPI for tatkal, as no prompt was sent for payment approval for 4-5 mins so missed tatkal after that never used UPI. I remember some of my card number so I enter very quickly like in less than 30 sec so for me CC is faster, it depends on person to person.

but if you don't want to enter Card number again and again while booking tatkal activate IRCTC wallet and add money in it 1-2 hours before tatkal opening via CC but keep 100-200 rs more than intended amount eg:
Tatkal ticket - 1000rs
IRCTC wallet should be - 1100 otherwise it will throw insufficient balance error.
IRCTC wallet is the fastest way to book tatkal.
Yes IRCTC wallet is the fantastic idea.
Which CC gives reward on loading IRCTC wallet?