• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best mode of payment for booking train tickets through IRCTC

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Hey folks,
I have to book a train ticket through IRCTC. Wanted to know your expert opinions about the best mode of payment.
Which app and which credit card is the best?
Is it Payzapp?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Currently Redbus is providing offers. Via its own app and via RedRail app as well.

Coz for Payzapp Cashback we've to wait 3 freaking months. I prefer not to use it when there are other options available.
There are two offers running in Redbus
1) Zero Convenience Fee
2) 12% off upto 100 on Wednesday 4 to 8 pm
Which offer are you talking about?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Also which credit card do you use?
I am thinking to use Axis Flipkart for 1.5%.
Does SBI CB gives 5%?
I have to book 2 tickets of worth Rs 4500 and Rs 6000
I didn't used credit cards as they're taking something 2.5% convenience charge for that. So used UPI.

Ohh since your amount is higher, I would suggest to use Payzapp instead. This 80 rs discount won't give much.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I didn't used credit cards as they're taking something 2.5% convenience charge for that. So used UPI.

Ohh since your amount is higher, I would suggest to use Payzapp instead. This 80 rs discount won't give much.
In new Payzapp app, i can't find an option to book tickets.
I can directly go through SmartBuy to get 5%, right?
Both are same only, right?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Hey folks,
I have to book a train ticket through IRCTC. Wanted to know your expert opinions about the best mode of payment.
Which app and which credit card is the best?
Is it Payzapp?
Use Amazon Pay.

Amazon will charge only 40 Rs/ Ticket Extra for AC tickets and 20Rs/Ticket for Sleeper and Payment Gateway Charge is Zero. Plus use Apay Balance to pay.

If you are Booking AC tickets, then other Third Party Apps would take 40 Rs./Ticket as Agent service Charge and Gateway Charges are Separate.

You can Buy Apay Vouchers with Cashback SBI for 5%.
So this is the Best Option.

Rest is your choice.

Last edited:

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Use Amazon Pay.

Amazon will charge only 40 Rs/ Ticket Extra for AC tickets and 20Rs/Ticket for Sleeper and Payment Gateway Charge is Zero. Plus use Apay Balance to pay.

If you are Booking AC tickets, then other Third Party Apps would take 40 Rs./Ticket as Agent service Charge and Gateway Charges are Separate.

Rest is your choice.
Bought 5k+6k Apay Gift Card through SBI CB Card. And Booked tickets through Amazon. The process was very smooth. CB will be most probably credited within 1/2 days max.
Can we use other cards like Millennia to get 5% CB through APay?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Bought 5k+6k Apay Gift Card through SBI CB Card. And Booked tickets through Amazon. The process was very smooth. CB will be most probably credited within 1/2 days max.
Can we use other cards like Millennia to get 5% CB through APay?
I do not have Millennia. So can not Confirm.
Do a test txn of 100 by Purchasing Apay Gift Card or search the Forum for the Answer.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Use Amazon Pay.

Rest is your choice.
Both are 2AC Tickets. Then why did they charge Rs 40 service charge in only one ticket?
Probably they are charging for more than 5k worth of transaction. Or in a day, there's a limit or something.

Attachments

• image_picker1805330653595852333.jpg
    image_picker1805330653595852333.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image_picker1285712448565221370.jpg
    image_picker1285712448565221370.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 56