• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Booking overseas flight tickets from India forex markup

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hii I am planning to travel to Europe next year.

As my visa appointment is due this week. Was planning to book fully refundable tickets from MakeMyTrip/vistara.

The return journey will be from Delhi - paris.

One small query. Mmt and vistara both show prices in INR but since it's an overseas travel, will I be charged any forex markup? Or will it even count for tcs 7lakh spends?

Also I plan to cancel these flights upon visa issuance, in that case will i get back the forex markup paid?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Hii I am planning to travel to Europe next year.

As my visa appointment is due this week. Was planning to book fully refundable tickets from MakeMyTrip/vistara.

The return journey will be from Delhi - paris.

One small query. Mmt and vistara both show prices in INR but since it's an overseas travel, will I be charged any forex markup? Or will it even count for tcs 7lakh spends?

Also I plan to cancel these flights upon visa issuance, in that case will i get back the forex markup paid?
BTW, you can also look into this service. I prefer this over booking complete refundable flight tickets.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
BTW, you can also look into this service. I prefer this over booking complete refundable flight tickets.
Valid for 48hrs only. Some visa issuance takes longer than 48hrs.

These type of temp flight tickets are only good for visa on arrival counters, where you have to show the return tickets, before they give you the voa.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Exactly. It depends on when and where 😁
Bro, The OP is planning to apply for Schengen Visa, assuming from France since OP is planning for Paris. Same as mine, I have been able to get it with this ticket in the past. So, I shared that since I have been in the same situation before. The when and where is very similar.

Point prove karne ke liye kuch bhi matlab.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Bro, The OP is planning to apply for Schengen Visa, assuming from France since OP is planning for Paris. Same as mine, I have been able to get it with this ticket in the past. So, I shared that since I have been in the same situation before. The when and where is very similar.

Point prove karne ke liye kuch bhi matlab.
Chill bhai,

I dont have any point to prove.

Op ask for forex, i assisted with my view.

You assisted with cheap fake tickets for visa purpose.

I simply put by views regarding that. As i did the same for my german visa, but it took 6 days to get my visa and i had to pay for another ticket, from the same website.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Chill bhai,

I dont have any point to prove.

Op ask for forex, i assisted with my view.

You assisted with cheap fake tickets for visa purpose.

I simply put by views regarding that. As i did the same for my german visa, but it took 6 days to get my visa and i had to pay for another ticket, from the same website.
Okay bro. Chill hai. Hehe