• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I Want to invest 50k to NPS, which is the best card for it?
Few of my cards-
HDFC DCB
Axis Magnus
Amex MRCC
Amex Gold Charge
Bob Eterna
Sbi Vistara Prime
Sbi cashback
Indusind Legend
If you have anything better, do share.

Again, its for tier 1.
@TechnoFino @Tejas

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Few of my cards-
HDFC DCB
Axis Magnus
Amex MRCC
Amex Gold Charge
Bob Eterna
Sbi Vistara Prime
Sbi cashback
Indusind Legend

Again, its for tier 1.
@TechnoFino @Tejas
Charges: ~1% including tax when paid through Credit Card in NPS Tier 1.

Amex, Indusind - May not cover this ~1% return, so ignore. Amex can be combined with monthly milestones but considering overall point of view.

Magnus - If you can cross 1L in that month (means have to spend another 50K elsewhere) then 6.2% (for Gift vouchers).
DCB - If you can cross 80K in that month (means have to spend another 30K elsewhere) then 3% (for Gift vouchers).

Note: For 80K, magnus can give you only 1.2% return, have to cross 1L.

Cashback - 1%
Best, Eterna - 3.75%
Good work but a correction with Amex.
Gold charge gives normal RP for fuel and utilities too (only insurance it’s not covered).
Try investing in NPS during offer times like I did during August Independence Day offer with scb cards 7.5% additional rewards for 2 days across any online spending.
I am saying this with an assumption that we have time till March 31 for tier 1 addl contribution to get IT exemption

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Few of my cards-
HDFC DCB
Axis Magnus
Amex MRCC
Amex Gold Charge
Bob Eterna
Sbi Vistara Prime
Sbi cashback
Indusind Legend

Again, its for tier 1.
@TechnoFino @Tejas
Axis Magnus assuming two things:

1. You are interested in Travel Redemptions
2. You hit the 1 Lac Milestone for the month as Rs. 50,000 would be taken care by NPS Tier 1 itself.

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Charges: ~1% including tax when paid through Credit Card in NPS Tier 1.

Amex, Indusind - May not cover this ~1% return, so ignore. Amex can be combined with monthly milestones but considering overall point of view.

Magnus - If you can cross 1L in that month (means have to spend another 50K elsewhere) then 6.2% (for Gift vouchers).
DCB - If you can cross 80K in that month (means have to spend another 30K elsewhere) then 3% (for Gift vouchers).

Note: For 80K, magnus can give you only 1.2% return, have to cross 1L.

Cashback - 1%
Best, Eterna - 3.75%
On Eterna 3.75% till approx spends of 33500 since 5000 points monthly cap is there. So advice you to break your 50k spends into 2 months for NPS.

card_enthusiast

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Few of my cards-
HDFC DCB
Axis Magnus
Amex MRCC
Amex Gold Charge
Bob Eterna
Sbi Vistara Prime
Sbi cashback
Indusind Legend

Again, its for tier 1.
@TechnoFino @Tejas
before rbl zomato edition card devaluation it was the best I too had utilized for 10% cashback just a month before its devaluation...
From u r card list your first choice should be BOB eterna with split payment for plain rewards(no extra spending) and if you can hit that 1 lac milestone then magnus is the best

rishav05

TF Buzz
Hi, I do investment in NPS tier 1 every month and 50K annually. What is the best way to get rewards as well and do payment in NPS.

I have
1. Axis FK, myzone
2. SBI Cashback
3. Icici APAY
4. Idfc first millenia

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.