• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Card For Miles To Hold With Magnus?

Hey Folks,
I have an Axis Magnus card wherein the sweet spot is 15LPA spends - this takes care of both 1L/Month milestone rewards and the card fee waiver.

Which card do you suggest for airline miles apart from Magnus? Like where should one spend post 1L/Month spends on Magnus?
Or is Magnus still the best crossing that range too?

ak90

TF Buzz
Vistara ultimate makes for a great pairing -
1. You get Vistara gold membership for free
2. For normal (non-multiplier) spends, it gives better value than magnus (not counting the 1L milestone bonus)

Infinia / DCB also plays very well with Magnus:
1. If you book tickets on Vistara, you get 8% extra due to CV membership, plus regular 5X back
2. You can use it to book flights on non-Vistara routes. If you're in a place that is not Delhi / Bombay, this is actually a big deal

See https://pointsnerd.in/maximize-vistara for an analysis

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey Folks,
I have an Axis Magnus card wherein the sweet spot is 15LPA spends - this takes care of both 1L/Month milestone rewards and the card fee waiver.

Which card do you suggest for airline miles apart from Magnus? Like where should one spend post 1L/Month spends on Magnus?
Or is Magnus still the best crossing that range too?

Post 15 lakh on magnus, i would recommend using amex plat travel for further 4 lakh spends as that will give you 48000 amex MR points convertible into 48000 Marriott Bonvoy points and 10000 taj voucher..

2. For normal (non-multiplier) spends, it gives better value than magnus (not counting the 1L milestone bonus)
point 2 is incorrect.. for normal spends vistara infinite gives 6 CV for 200 while magnus gives 12 edge for 200 which gets converted into 9.6 CV points.. so difference is huge!.. even without multiplier or 1 lakh milestone..

Last edited by a moderator:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Post 15 lakh on magnus, i would recommend using amex plat travel for further 4 lakh spends as that will give you 48000 amex MR points convertible into 48000 Marriott Bonvoy points and 10000 taj voucher..

point 2 is incorrect.. for normal spends vistara infinite gives 6 CV for 200 while magnus gives 12 edge for 200 which gets converted into 9.6 CV points.. so difference is huge!.. even without multiplier or 1 lakh milestone..
For Amex plat travel
Does rent payments are considered towards those 4 lakh milestone ?

Also I couldn’t find the link where it says about 48k MR points on spends of 4 lakhs

I might use your referral link to get plat travel FYF

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For Amex plat travel

Also I couldn’t find the link where it says about 48k MR points on spends of 4 lakhs

Rent payments are counted but I haven’t found any app which allows rent payment using amex or the charges are very high.. so I won’t bank on rent payment for amex cards..

Amex plat travel u get 15k points on spending 1.9 lakh and another 25k points on spending 4 lakh.. so total 40k.. and normal 8k points on 4 lakh spends..

Chk this link and go to bottom to see t&c

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For Amex plat travel

Attachments

• 7A2DFABE-2801-4B3F-95F1-9CD5CFA48633.jpeg
    7A2DFABE-2801-4B3F-95F1-9CD5CFA48633.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 4D39B178-FCB3-4778-BC6F-260B0922A6E1.jpeg
    4D39B178-FCB3-4778-BC6F-260B0922A6E1.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 16

ak90

TF Buzz

That’s not correct. Even if you value a business class ticket at 6000cv, which is a low valuation anyway, you get an extra 6000 for 2.5l - which amounts to 4.8 + 6 = 10.8 cv per 200. Please read the quoted blog post for details

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That’s not correct. Even if you value a business class ticket at 6000cv, which is a low valuation anyway, you get an extra 6000 for 2.5l - which amounts to 4.8 + 6 = 10.8 cv per 200. Please read the quoted blog post for details
Common on one hand you are saying evaluate magnus without 1 lakh milestone spends and gyftr & grabdeals multiplier but when it is comes to vistara card you want to include business class ticket on milestone spends.. for 2.5 lakh spends you will get 50k milestone points in magnus too..

I did apple to apple comparison.. you are including milestone benefit in one card and not in another.. vistara infinite is a good card but absolutely no match for magnus.. vistara infinite is better than magnus only for spends on vistara website & app, nothing else..

ak90

TF Buzz
Common on one hand you are saying evaluate magnus without 1 lakh milestone spends and gyftr & grabdeals multiplier but when it is comes to vistara card you want to include business class ticket on milestone spends.. for 2.5 lakh spends you will get 50k milestone points in magnus too..

I did apple to apple comparison.. you are including milestone benefit in one card and not in another.. vistara infinite is a good card but absolutely no match for magnus.. vistara infinite is better than magnus only for spends on vistara website & app, nothing else..
All I’m saying is that for non multiplier spends after 1l, Vistara card is better than magnus. What has spending on Vistara website got to do with anything lol

chandutla

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Rent payments are counted but I haven’t found any app which allows rent payment using amex or the charges are very high.. so I won’t bank on rent payment for amex cards..

Amex plat travel u get 15k points on spending 1.9 lakh and another 25k points on spending 4 lakh.. so total 40k.. and normal 8k points on 4 lakh spends..

Chk this link and go to bottom to see t&c
Mobiwik allows for rent pay using AMEX cards. Did couple of months rent

lokeshp36

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Infinia / DCB also plays very well with Magnus:
1. If you book tickets on Vistara, you get 8% extra due to CV membership, plus regular 5X back
2. You can use it to book flights on non-Vistara routes. If you're in a place that is not Delhi / Bombay, this is actually a big deal

See https://pointsnerd.in/maximize-vistara for an analysis
Good analysis, How can I subscribe to this? is it your review?