• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best bank for inward remittance in USD

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Below are the constraints when receiving inward remittance

• Fees charged by swift intermediary of receiving bank (for example, I have seen charges from $10 to $25 for amounts ranging from $100 to $ 25000 respectively).
  • Conversion from USD to INR - different banks charge different rates
  • Inward remittance fee by Indian bank - often free

We need to identify banks which can give us favourable rates and that is as critical as ensuring that there is no flat fees. For example, if we send $1000 to icici, I see that it comes through 2 banks in my case (Citibank = senders bank and Chase = ICICI’s bank in US). Chase, which is the banker for icici charges flat fees of >$10.

Best rates from banks;

• IndusInd
  • DBS
  • IOB
In order to test the rate, I intend to transfer similar amounts to each of these banks.

If anyone has done this test earlier, please help.

gauravraj

TF Premier

• Fees charged by swift intermediary of receiving bank (for example, I have seen charges from $10 to $25 for amounts ranging from $100 to $ 25000 respectively).

We need to identify banks which can give us favourable rates and that is as critical as ensuring that there is no flat fees. For example, if we send $1000 to icici, I see that it comes through 2 banks in my case (Citibank = senders bank and Chase = ICICI’s bank in US). Chase, which is the banker for icici charges flat fees of >$10.

Best rates from banks;

• IndusInd
  • DBS
  • IOB
In order to test the rate, I intend to transfer similar amounts to each of these banks.

IOB

There is a threat about the inward remittance topic .

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select

Best rates from banks;

• IndusInd
  • DBS
  • IOB

SBI

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
What are there conversion rates? Do you have any examples?
Haven’t compared in the recent time. There is no way to verify this fact. If there is one, do let me know. For more than 30 years, me and my friends used different banks for remitting funds. Everyone concluded SBI is better in terms of convenience and exchange rates. But this comparison is no basis to conclude about the exchange rate.
Exchange rate is a complex function of several variables. It depends on the day, volume and your relationship with the bank.
I have stopped thinking about this.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Has anyone done inward remittance with axis bank?

They offer preffered rates for Corp Salary account holders and Burgundy/preffered account holders.

Plz share experience if you have any.