• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which private bank is best for inward foreign remittance?

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
A good online experience is also a priority. Don't wanna visit the branch.
ICICI is not an option since I'm using it as an investment account, everything is linked to it, and don't want to mix it.
Looking at Indusind, DBS, and Kotak but don't know how are they.

src223

TF Premier
Have been using DBS and it's fairly reliable. Don't know about forex conversion fees. I can receive donations from PayPal and Google Admob payments without any issue.

Once someone donated to me on PayPal and I chose Axis Bank. I never received the amount.

From that day onwards, DBS is my best choice.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IndusInd provides the best forex conversion rates. Next is DBS, and then Kotak. Do not think of any other bank apart from these.
I transferred money to IndusInd a week back from US and no credit even after multiple emails and calls to RM. They send email from some mailbox which don’t reach Gmail. They traced the fund but ask for a ton of documents and still yet to credit.

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I transferred money to IndusInd a week back from US and no credit even after multiple emails and calls to RM. They send email from some mailbox which don’t reach Gmail. They traced the fund but ask for a ton of documents and still yet to credit.
This is very unfortunate. This never happened to me with a decent number of inward remittance transactions. I hope you get your money soon.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is very unfortunate. This never happened to me with a decent number of inward remittance transactions. I hope you get your money soon.
I complained to Twitter and got the social media team. They are sending emails but they don’t come to gmail. The branch RM shows me those emails and forwarded it to me. When I reply to those email, I get undeliverable warning. So looks like they have problem in their process. Branch RM has no experience with inward transfer.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A good online experience is also a priority. Don't wanna visit the branch.
ICICI is not an option since I'm using it as an investment account, everything is linked to it, and don't want to mix it.
Looking at Indusind, DBS, and Kotak but don't know how are they.
Had decent experience with Hdfc and Citibank in the past. Rates offered by icici used to vary a lot and lower compared to other two banks

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor

This is the precise reason I had stopped banking with them after 6 years of domestic INR banking. Had opened a current account because of being happy with Indus Select Savings account, and the very first inward remittance was practically lost. It was good that I had only transferred USD 50 just to check everything first. My experience mirrors yours. This was in 2018. Nice to see the 'development' in 5 years since!