• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best account for me

LordVoldemort

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi ppl
I have a classic account with HDFC, Somehow find it tough to manage with these guys. I do have some business scattered among various banks and thought whether there are some better banks that would give a better bang for my buck if I merge my investments and place with them
I do hold around 75 lakhs in MF, around 15 lakhs in FDs, and have around 30-50k in my acc
Let me know if you have any suggestions

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
resurrecting an old thread:
Initially I was fed up on HDFC because of the LE issue, The same occurs now.. The last time they rejected mine, This time my request is pending for a month now. Everytime I ping them, I get an standard reply and the same is with their greivance cell too. Thought of moving to Axis burgundy, Any suggestions pls.
Have A/c with IDFC FB, But wanted a new experience. Plus my org accepts only ICICI, Axis & DFC for sal accounts
Why don't you go with icici bank wealth management account it's a very good account

souvikr

TF Premier
Umm .. I dont think so, They reflect as actual holdings in my CDSL statements..
Direct mutual fund that I have purchased from amc website also reflects in my CDSL statement because it aggregates everything under the PAN. It doesn't mean it is held in my demat account.

In case of normal mutual funds (except etf) every buy/sell transaction is done through the fund house. Demat account is not even required. Even if you have a demat account that has nothing to do with your MFs.

LordVoldemort

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Direct mutual fund that I have purchased from amc website also reflects in my CDSL statement because it aggregates everything under the PAN. It doesn't mean it is held in my demat account.

In case of normal mutual funds (except etf) every buy/sell transaction is done through the fund house. Demat account is not even required. Even if you have a demat account that has nothing to do with your MFs.
No, You are speaking about the combined account statement (CAS) . I am speaking about the mutual funds that reflect in my demat holding statement. There are two types of holdings as you might know, The statement way and the demat way. So, There is a way for mutual funds to be bought/sold in demat method and yes, a demat account is mandatory for storing them this way.

LordVoldemort

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Finally gave up on HDFC, Closed the regalia, and will proceed to close all the relations soon. I hate them enough to do this, Shifting sal ac to ICICI and Investments to IDFC. Either the upcoming days will be good or they will teach enough to let me know that HDFC is better still.

phheeewww

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi ppl
I have a classic account with HDFC, Somehow find it tough to manage with these guys. I do have some business scattered among various banks and thought whether there are some better banks that would give a better bang for my buck if I merge my investments and place with them
I do hold around 75 lakhs in MF, around 15 lakhs in FDs, and have around 30-50k in my acc
Hi,
Ive been banking with ICICI, HDFC, CITI, SC, SBI and now INDUS.
Believe me that HDFC is going down in service, their attitude stinks and I hate just the thought of dealing with them.
I have had a fabulous experience with ICICI and continue to do so, citi unfortunately is closed now. SBI I am using for all compliances etc. and Indus as my business bank.
I strongly recommend with your portfolio, shift to ICICI and make sure the bank needs you as much as you need them. That balance should always be there else, there will always be a problem.

aryanraj

TF Select
Hi,
Ive been banking with ICICI, HDFC, CITI, SC, SBI and now INDUS.
Believe me that HDFC is going down in service, their attitude stinks and I hate just the thought of dealing with them.
I have had a fabulous experience with ICICI and continue to do so, citi unfortunately is closed now. SBI I am using for all compliances etc. and Indus as my business bank.
I strongly recommend with your portfolio, shift to ICICI and make sure the bank needs you as much as you need them. That balance should always be there else, there will always be a problem.
I personally had great experience with ICICI. HDFC is good and IDFC is also if is in your location. Had bad experience with Axis Bank. ICICI imobile app, their phone support, email support everything is good. HDFC email support is also good.

However i don't have good experience with branch people, even in ICICI. Only thing i dislike about HDFC is, they don't have better app, netbanking or special accounts like ICICI and IDFC. Also for basic changes, upgrade/downgrade you need to visit branch while most of the things can be easily done in ICICI netbanking.

Reactions: kjs

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Any recommendations for IDFC RMs/BMs who can assist with Private upgrade? Every person I’ve spoke to has asked for higher and higher amounts for upgrading going up to 3CR.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hi ppl

It can happen in ICICI also. It's not a big deal bro. By the time our signatures flow is changed and bank refuse to entertain the transaction and it's in account holder's favour. So u should have some patience and u should stick with HDFC. I also had made the same mistake due to some charges in my kids accounts and shifted to Axis Bank. But I felt like hell there in terms of charges or service. So I again shifted to HDFC. I am maintaining around 15 accounts with HDFC and all r Preferred accounts. I agree that RM in HDFC r useless but a lot of peace of mind is in HDFC. Although u can request for preferred one and no need to keep the MAB also.

Yes. After Preferred, it becomes 0 balance account. As informed by my RM.

U should contact to ur RM and have the information..
What happened is axis? Plz share your experience.

LordVoldemort

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Any recommendations for IDFC RMs/BMs who can assist with Private upgrade? Every person I’ve spoke to has asked for higher and higher amounts for upgrading going up to 3CR.
Mine asked for 50 L while upgrading. I fell with these guys because they could not get a credit card for me despite being a private holder. Please try pushing, If it is still not happening..I'll have to patchup and let you know..
Again, Please be aware that private is of not much use - Cant even get a cc even after doubling the initial funds.
Having this in HDFC would have helped for an infinia if you push properly but idfc is a proper hard rock where you mail to the pno and they give you a textbook reply.