• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of Baroda Hikes Debit Card Fee (w.e.f. 1-Nov-2023)

sahil1033

TF Premier
Incorrect info, Visa/Mastercard/RuPay Platinum all 3 debit card price will increase.
Let the price of Visa and Mastercard DC variant increase, least concerned about that ... I specifically mentioned that fee keeps increasing for RuPay Platinum and Select DC

I wasn't giving any info, tagged only to notify the fact ... info is in original post which has details of all variants

samm255

TF Ace
Incorrect info, Visa/Mastercard/RuPay Platinum all 3 debit card price will increase.
What is incorrect info? Isn't RuPay supposed to be less than Visa/MC considering RuPay is domestic network? What is the point of having RuPay card if fee is same as Visa/MC considering the Visa/MC global acceptance? and why the heck do you BOLD your messages?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
What is incorrect info? Isn't RuPay supposed to be less than Visa/MC considering RuPay is domestic network? What is the point of having RuPay card if fee is same as Visa/MC considering the Visa/MC global acceptance? and why the heck do you BOLD your messages?
RuPay also have International card and RuPay is now Multiple National Company.

RuPay network also available in Bhutan, Singapore, Nepal, UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Maldives and expanding to other countries too + tieup with Discover. Diners club/Pulse/JCB Card network.
What is the point of having RuPay card if fee is same as Visa/MC considering the Visa/MC global acceptance?
Because 99% Indian population dnt need Visa/MC.

Indians and bank employees also need to change their mindset.

If you treat RuPay card the same way you treat Visa/MC, your mind will automatically start respecting RuPay card (ofcourse It will not happen in a day but in the long term).

Just 2 years ago, a very good article posted on Economics times, some bank senior head, employees or CEO told, It has become ingrained in the minds of bank employees and customers too that RuPay card is the card for poor people and they told we need to change their mindset.

However, one important thing is not mentioned on that article. What im about to tell, Many banks forget to integrate newly issue RuPay card BIN on sales offer. Reason ? they think this is RuPay card, RuPay card is poor people's card because of this reason those bank employees think in their mind that RuPay card will not be valid.

This mentality needs to be changed and it will only possible when we treat all card network variant benefit, offers, card fees etc equally.

why the heck do you BOLD your messages?

Because this is important info. It has happened many times in the past that people have changed their RuPay cards to Visa/MC due to card fee increased and later they realize card fees are same and they told me i thought Visa/MC has lower fee. Since info about RuPay Platinum DC is given in the post but no info about Visa/MC. Some people have asked me after that how to get back again RuPay card without paying any fee. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Just use a card network where you can get maximum benefits 🤣

Doesn't matter RuPay/Visa/Mastercard 😜🤣

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
RuPay also have International card and RuPay is now Multiple National Company.

RuPay network also available in Bhutan, Singapore, Nepal, UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Maldives and expanding to other countries too + tieup with Discover. Diners club/Pulse/JCB Card network.

Because 99% Indian population dnt need Visa/MC.

Indians and bank employees also need to change their mindset.

If you treat RuPay card the same way you treat Visa/MC, your mind will automatically start respecting RuPay card (ofcourse It will not happen in a day but in the long term).

Just 2 years ago, a very good article posted on Economics times, some bank senior head, employees or CEO told, It has become ingrained in the minds of bank employees and customers too that RuPay card is the card for poor people and they told we need to change their mindset.

However, one important thing is not mentioned on that article. What im about to tell, Many banks forget to integrate newly issue RuPay card BIN on sales offer. Reason ? they think this is RuPay card, RuPay card is poor people's card because of this reason those bank employees think in their mind that RuPay card will not be valid.

This mentality needs to be changed and it will only possible when we treat all card network variant benefit, offers, card fees etc equally.

Because this is important info. It has happened many times in the past that people have changed their RuPay cards to Visa/MC due to card fee increased and later they realize card fees are same and they told me i thought Visa/MC has lower fee. Since info about RuPay Platinum DC is given in the post but no info about Visa/MC. Some people have asked me after that how to get back again RuPay card without paying any fee. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Lagta hai Rupay pai PHD kar rakhi hai