• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank account that offers RuPay debit card and cashback

navonline7

TF Premier
Looking to open a bank account that offers RuPay debit card with cashback for transactions. I already have HDFC and SBI accounts, so please suggest something except these banks. Do Indusind and Axis banks offer this? I do have an ICICI account that I'm going to close soon as I don't see any benefit in maintaining it. Good tech doesn't mean good products.

Last edited:

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Looking to open a bank account that offers RuPay debit card with cashback for transactions. I already have an HDFC and SBI accounts, so please something except these banks. Do Indusind and Axis banks offer this? I do have an ICICI account that I'm going to close soon as I don't see any benefit in maintaining it. Good tech doesn't mean good products.
Last line 🙌

Not finding any benefit of having a salary account in ICICI

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Looking to open a bank account that offers RuPay debit card with cashback for transactions. I already have HDFC and SBI accounts, so please suggest something except these banks. Do Indusind and Axis banks offer this? I do have an ICICI account that I'm going to close soon as I don't see any benefit in maintaining it. Good tech doesn't mean good products.
ICICI also has rupay platinum dc

I recently moved my salary account from ICICI to HDFC. Was with them for about seven years, without any benefits. What triggered the move was ICICI charging for debit cards for salary account holders too. I'm cursing myself for being with them for so long.
ICICI do not charge any Annual fee for both CC and DC, contact customer care and confirm about your's, they will rectify it if they are charging.
I have just converted my "SMART Shopper Silver" DC to "Platinum RuPay Card" (not yet dispatched), call the customer care and they will take the request to convert

navonline7

TF Premier
ICICI do not charge any Annual fee for both CC and DC, contact customer care and confirm about your's, they will rectify it if they are charging.
I have just converted my "SMART Shopper Silver" DC to "Platinum RuPay Card" (not yet dispatched), call the customer care and they will take the request to convert
I actually tried and gave up. Didn't want to waste time on getting a debit card for free, which I anyways should have gotten without even asking.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@Abhishek012 and @skvignesh what's the zero mab account called?
AU digital saving account (Zero balance) - https://www.aubank.in/personal-banking/savings-account/digital-savings-account
I actually tried and gave up. Didn't want to waste time on getting a debit card for free, which I anyways should have gotten without even asking.
ICICI RuPay Platinum debit card easily issue through customer care and free for salary acc or saving acc, only issuing is free and yearly save Rs1200 from RuPay-Amazon add money offer.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I recently moved my salary account from ICICI to HDFC. Was with them for about seven years, without any benefits. What triggered the move was ICICI charging for debit cards for salary account holders too. I'm cursing myself for being with them for so long.
As far as i know i have not been charged for any debit card maybe because my previous employer opened the salary account

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Can we have two dcs linked to one salarie account?
Yes... One main card and one add on card... Cards will be different and will work independently of each other... Offers also applicable seperately on them... Like in current bbd sales on flipkart ... I used same offer same day on both cards differently

anonymuos

TF Ace
IndusInd only have RuPay Classic debit card. No idea about Axis, I am scared of their hidden charges so never opened an account there plus they seem very reluctant/strict about issuing RuPay Platinum on savings accounts.