• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank account closure

iAmPm

TF Premier
If I close an account in bank A and then some fund gets credited from LIC or from any source where that account A has been given. What will happen?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Only problem you will face is, in some banks they don't allow to change "Auto-debit" option for CC due payments, so if you have it on and can't turn it off or change source bank a/c, then that could be a complication.

I'm saying this from experience, I'm having this problem in axis.

Bob78900

TF Premier
LIC was just an example but there will be other places where i will forget to give my new account details I am asking about them. will they automatically point to my other account as all accounts will be linked to my aadhar n PAN
No you have to update your bank details to each and every companies like lic and in case of auto debit of payments of cc and loan you have to give new bank details to the merchant

Souvik

TF Premier
Only problem you will face is, in some banks they don't allow to change "Auto-debit" option for CC due payments, so if you have it on and can't turn it off or change source bank a/c, then that could be a complication.

I'm saying this from experience, I'm having this problem in axis.
Good to know of this one, I plan to close my SBI association soon.