• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jupiter Account closure trouble

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Jupiter bank is displaying its true colors.

My Jupiter savings account is empty, but I had Rs 1 in "POTs". The customer support denied closure of account until the POT is empty.

I tried to withdraw money from POT, but I get an error "Something is wrong" and no further details. Customer support says my POTs account is dormant.

RBI guidelines say that an account can be dormant only if no transactions are done for 2 years. My POT account has been active.

Furthermore, I can add money to POT but can't withdraw anything! What kinda dormancy is that 😂

Anyway, the customer call and chat support is stupid. They're asking me to visit Federal Bank branch, which is nowhere within 200km of my pin code.

Anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this? What are the RBI guidelines here? What complaint do I make to PNO/Ombudsman?

ccdc

TF Ace
federal bank tactics....first give free account/dc via partner fintechs and then after 1-2 yrs...introduce charges for anything and everything....just let it remain inactive for next 100 yrs....

Jupiter bank is displaying its true colors.

My Jupiter savings account is empty, but I had Rs 1 in "POTs". The customer support denied closure of account until the POT is empty.

I tried to withdraw money from POT, but I get an error "Something is wrong" and no further details. Customer support says my POTs account is dormant.

RBI guidelines say that an account can be dormant only if no transactions are done for 2 years. My POT account has been active.

Furthermore, I can add money to POT but can't withdraw anything! What kinda dormancy is that 😂

Anyway, the customer call and chat support is stupid. They're asking me to visit Federal Bank branch, which is nowhere within 200km of my pin code.

Anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this? What are the RBI guidelines here? What complaint do I make to PNO/Ombudsman?
Why do you even care? Just uninstall the app and forget about it.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Accha, there's no charges if I keep zero balance in it? Debit card charges etc?

I can also remove debit card entirely from within the app.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Customer support says my POTs account is dormant
Was it on email ??? If not then email them first.
What kinda dormancy is that 😂
:ROFLMAO:
Refer to Point 5.5) v >> https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scripts/Notification.aspx?Id=1571#55

I am assuming you have been using this account at least a few times in the past few months. Tell them that you have done your full Kyc long backkk and that the RBI guidelines for making an account format is ( the link above ). They should not be able make it dormant in the very first place .
If you don't get a proper response; escalate it to nodalofficer@jupiter.money. After 30 days if you still haven't received resolution, you can approach RBI
just let it remain inactive
This is another option

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Was it on email ??? If not then email them first.

:ROFLMAO:
Refer to Point 5.5) v >> https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scripts/Notification.aspx?Id=1571#55

I am assuming you have been using this account at least a few times in the past few months. Tell them that you have done your full Kyc long backkk and that the RBI guidelines for making an account format is ( the link above ). They should not be able make it dormant in the very first place .
If you don't get a proper response; escalate it to nodalofficer@jupiter.money. After 30 days if you still haven't received resolution, you can approach RBI

This is another option
Thank you. You're absolutely right. I threatened them with RBI Ombudsman. They'll get back to me. Let's see what they do.