• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Account Closure by DCB Bank

Hi,

I received the below email from DCB Bank -

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform that on the basis of an internal review of your account, the Bank will not be able to continue the banking relationship with you. After 30 (thirty) days from the date of this notice, Bank shall close the said account.

The balance in the account, if any, will be transferred to the alternative bank account as per the details available with DCB Bank or a Demand Draft for the balance shall be sent to your registered address.

Please utilise the funds lying in the account at the earliest.

Thank you

This Niyo DCB Account, opened specifically for utilizing their Zero Forex Card, was three months old with a 10,000 MAB. I rarely used the account, maybe a couple of UPI transfers to my primary account.

Upon reaching out to customer care, they couldn’t provide clarity on why my account is being closed. The representative suggested sending an email, mentioning he received multiple calls from users receiving closure notifications. I emailed DCB and contacted Niyo Support, but received no response except for a generic ‘we are looking into it.’

Does anyone know the reason behind this? Is it normal for a bank to terminate relationships?