Bad news for Smartbuy and other Amazon Affiliate Purchases!!!

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My amazon purchases through smartbuy was not going through on my HDFC Infinia so I called the Concierge team to get this checked and they told me that amazon has pulled out from all affiliate programs of all banks and I wont be able to make any more purchases on Amazon via Smartbuy.
Moreover they said that it will be announced officially on 1st July.
This is really a blow to all the credit card holders who used affiliate links to get discount especially infinia card holders who got 16.67% points.

Can anyone else confirm this??

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just listened to the call attached above - it feels to me that while random/lucky transactions are going through for now, it'll pretty much stop on 1st July for sure - they'll remove the link + redirection to Amazon from Smartbuy. Rishi's right - the concierge seems to be reading from some circular or notice and not just reciting that statement. If it still works for you, enjoy it while it lasts :)

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes.

Amazon.in benefits of 5X Reward Points / 5% CashBack on SmartBuy end soon! Users can avail of existing benefits till 30th June '22. Effective 1st July '22, Amazon.in benefits will no longer be available via SmartBuy.
How will I buy my new phone now😅. Was hoping for some good offer (10-20k on 70k phone).

Hope axis will get something similar to their Holi sale. Got the iPhone 12 at 42% discount effectively.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How will I buy my new phone now😅. Was hoping for some good offer (10-20k on 70k phone).

Hope axis will get something similar to their Holi sale. Got the iPhone 12 at 42% discount effectively.
also this will make amazon pay icici more rewarding than infinia/ dcb from now on for amazon purchase.
was thinking to buy apple watch. will i get 5x rewards if i buy it now on emi.