• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bad news for Smartbuy and other Amazon Affiliate Purchases!!!

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My amazon purchases through smartbuy was not going through on my HDFC Infinia so I called the Concierge team to get this checked and they told me that amazon has pulled out from all affiliate programs of all banks and I wont be able to make any more purchases on Amazon via Smartbuy.
Moreover they said that it will be announced officially on 1st July.
This is really a blow to all the credit card holders who used affiliate links to get discount especially infinia card holders who got 16.67% points.

Can anyone else confirm this??

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Try connecting with other. Agent and confirm
No point... That agent she put me on hold for about 4-5 minutes... She said it is a recent notice from HDFC bank. She read out the entire thing from somewhere "Amazon is pulling out affiliate programs from all banking ecosystems notice will be issued from 1st July". I have the recording also.
So... Be prepared for the worst...

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
No point... That agent she put me on hold for about 4-5 minutes... She said it is a recent notice from HDFC bank. She read out the entire thing from somewhere "Amazon is pulling out affiliate programs from all banking ecosystems notice will be issued from 1st July". I have the recording also.
So... Be prepared for the worst...
Can you post/attach the call recording... maybe cut it and upload only that part...

navonline7

TF Premier
It worked for me yesterday. The credit card transaction message said that it was used on AMAZSMARTBUY. However, when I made a purchase today on Amazon via smartbuy (Amazon Fresh), the credit card transaction message just said AMAZON.

TF Ace
TF Family
check merchant name, if its amazonsmartbuy or just amazon
for me it showing amazon only
I did a transaction last week, was just showing Amazon. And others were facing this issue since long.
Here:

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
how do I check for bonus points per transaction? Is that information only available in the statement?
It generally shows in my mobile banking app, in the credit card reward points section in 3-6 days. You just have to keep track of your last points balance and calculate whether you have got the bonus points...
The base reward points generally shows immediately in the mobile banking app when the transaction appears in your credit card's unbilled transactions. However the bonus reward poins takes 2-3 days more... You just have to keep track...

VISHNU021

TF Neo
My amazon purchases through smartbuy was not going through on my HDFC Infinia so I called the Concierge team to get this checked and they told me that amazon has pulled out from all affiliate programs of all banks and I wont be able to make any more purchases on Amazon via Smartbuy.
Moreover they said that it will be announced officially on 1st July.
This is really a blow to all the credit card holders who used affiliate links to get discount especially infinia card holders who got 16.67% points.

Can anyone else confirm this??
Yes , seems like the concierge agent is true , transaction through amazonsmartbuy is not going through..