• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara Signature vs SBI Vistara prime

Hi, I'm looking to apply for Vistara card as I have realized im losing too much on these cashback cards and I take decent amount of vistara flights yearly. Upon reading the technofino articles, I settled upon Axis vistara signature card as I'm targeting to achieve for that 1.5L milestone so I can get 2 Premium economy tickets free yearly. My question here is, they recommended to go for SBI Vistara Prime card as they give rewards on fuel also and bunch of other stuff like free Priority pass etc. Currently I do not have any fuel spending at all but in future maybe that will be a possibility. I currently hold Axis Ace Card since last 4 months. So what do you recommend? Is it easier to get Axis one as I already have their card? How much difficult is to apply for SBI Cards as I do not have their credit card but have SBI account (if that helps). Thanks

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
You can have upto 10k base fees waived off I guess
₹1500 base card makes sense to me because we have to pay the taxes

Also, ₹3000 prime card gets you silver membership, 1 free upgrade, etc. which is kind of worth it too if you upgrade your 1st complimentary ticket to Business class, way more worth than another ₹1500 and the base fare is anyways higher so it still covers the cost
First complementary premium economy can be upgraded to business class? This question was in my mind. Have you tried this?

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
CV points earned can be used to book intl flights I guess. @TechnoFino can recommend better cards for intl travel
@TechnoFino do share your thoughts. I keep reading your Twitter threads and posts on your website.

My goal - travel frequently, doesn't matter if it is economy. My planned destinations for next 2-3 years are South East Asia, Egypt, and East Europe.
As of now, SBI Vistara Prime seems like a great candidate based on this post of yours. Axis Vistara Signature comes close, based on this post of yours. My fuel expenses are next to none, so that one difference doesn't matter.

Do share your thoughts.

There is not much difference between the two.

Sbi gets priority pass but only for 2 years.
I got the sbi because of priority pass, later came to know its for 2 years only.

Sbi gets the last milestone benefit at 8 lakhs with 10k yatra voucher, axis gets at 9 without 10 k voucher.

If you have axis card its easy to get it online but my experience with SBI was flawless as well.
Got the card withing a week, no problem.
One more question, did you applied offline via some agent or online? in general which method has smoothest process?

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
One more question, did you applied offline via some agent or online? in general which method has smoothest process?
Online, received a call from SBI two days later, they walked me through the process same day.
Card was approved without any documents needed.
Received the card in the next 2 days.
No prior relationship with SBI.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sbi vistara can be applied through sbi sprint. But sbi vistara prime can be only applied through agent.
No idea about axis vistara cards.
Points earned on both cards will be credited to same Vistara Silver account? Both cards give silver membership.
Prime can also be applied online : https://www.sbicard.com/eapply/eapp...-cards/travel/club-vistara-sbi-card-prime.dcr
Even the card approval shows instantly after submitting the form
Both cards will credit to same Vistara Silver account, if you have given the same mobile/email in both Axis & SBI cards, although I prefer to have different as it gives ability to have more nominees

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Prime can also be applied online : https://www.sbicard.com/eapply/eapp...-cards/travel/club-vistara-sbi-card-prime.dcr
Even the card approval shows instantly after submitting the form
Both cards will credit to same Vistara Silver account, if you have given the same mobile/email in both Axis & SBI cards, although I prefer to have different as it gives ability to have more nominees
SBI Vistara Prime can be applied online too

I did entire process online only, but at the last stage asked them to switch to base version, I didn't wanna pay 3k since no use
Actually when I checked sbi card website. For vistara cards APPLY NOW option was not showing.
In sbi sprint only Sbi vistara basic was showing.
So I thought prime is not available online.

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
On 20th June I applied for SBI SIMPLY CLICK through an agent. I got a limit of 91000. But now I want Vistara prime (joining and annual fees not an issue).
I went to the agent he said you recently applied for Simply click then if u apply for vistara prime it will be rejected. He told to apply in Sept or Oct.
I called customer care and told that simply click can be upgraded to vistara prime then he said various cards I'm eligible but vistara prime was not available in that list.
Is there any hack to upgrade from simplyclick to vistara prime?

Subhash

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Points earned on both cards will be credited to same Vistara Silver account? Both cards give silver membership.
I took SBI one with my wife’s name. I need to call vista to check if both can be clubbed. However I heard, SBI and axis of same persons CV can be clubbed by calling them.
Both give silver. So in my case me n my wife have both silver status.

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I took SBI one with my wife’s name. I need to call vista to check if both can be clubbed. However I heard, SBI and axis of same persons CV can be clubbed by calling them.
Both give silver. So in my case me n my wife have both silver status.
If they can be clubbed, do you get 2 upgrade vouchers since you had 2 membership and each silver membership would give 1 upgrade voucher.