• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis offline account opening experience

yb24

TF Premier
Hey folks,I was having axis online easy access account but I closed it because of debit card fees but know I want to again open the account for saving purpose.How is the experience of offline account opening and initial funding as well as debit card fees or can I opt out for debit card?
It was very difficult to close the account tried in many branches

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I opened offline decades ago. So, can't speak about it now. 😁

From what I know, you can't opt out of debit card initially during the account opening process. So, you will have to pay first year fee. You may block it before renewal and you can still operate the account without debit card. That's one of the things I like about Axis.

Optionally, you can apply for life time free ATM only card after closing the existing paid debit card.

Tamal

TF Buzz
I opened offline decades ago. So, can't speak about it now. 😁

From what I know, you can't opt out of debit card initially during the account opening process. So, you will have to pay first year fee. You may block it before renewal and you can still operate the account without debit card. That's one of the things I like about Axis.

Optionally, you can apply for life time free ATM only card after closing the existing paid debit card.
How to apply axis Life time free ATM only card???

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
How to apply axis Life time free ATM only card???

I also want to know

1. Contact RM or branch. Offline method. Worked for some. My RM lied that it is only for salary accounts.

2. Use (block and) upgrade facility available in mobile app and in net banking. See this video for details... (not my video; I don't know Hindi, I can still understood the concept). Skip the first 2 minutes to get to the point. This option wasn't shown to me. So, didn't work for me either.

3. Block the card permanently. The option to apply the ATM only card (known as ATM chip card) is shown in about 3 days after blocking of existing debit card. This is the method worked for me. This method did NOT work for a fellow user even after 2 months of blocking his debit card.

Please try method #2, then method #1. Never try the last method, unless you know what you are doing.

romilq

TF Ace
Hey folks,I was having axis online easy access account but I closed it because of debit card fees but know I want to again open the account for saving purpose.How is the experience of offline account opening and initial funding as well as debit card fees or can I opt out for debit card?
It was very difficult to close the account tried in many branches
You could have cancelled debit card in online account itself and should have got an ATM card which is LTF. It can only be used for cash withdrawal.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I am getting an offer in axis mobile app to open asap digital saving account without vkyc and 1250 edge reward points.

What should I do ?

Don't open any bank's digital account without video KYC. Lots of limitations are there. Please read the terms and conditions and service charges if you really want to open such accounts. 🙏