• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Magnus vs Citi Prestige

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi, I'm currently having Axis Magnus paid and Citi Rewards LTF. Is it better to upgrade to Citi Prestige as my current Limit is 4L and will get 10k miles on every renewal effectively bringing down the annual charge to same as Magnus?
My Magnus is due in Jan and I doubt if it will be worth keeping after next years renewal.

@TechnoFino @bvc19296 @Wealth is my birth right! @sacgup @anirban.choudhury @xywowowvw

drmsiva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Compared to plain Magnus and Citi, Infinia seems to be better in this regard as one also gets 1% cash back till 1 lakh in addition to 2% (2.36% with GST) charge for conversion.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Singapore airlines and others are 60--80 paisa per mile.
Unfortunately Accor is not included .
If Accor was included I would have considered one rupee for each mile.
Why can't Citibank include transfer to Accor hotels?

For foreign transactions --
Plain Magnus it is 2.40%-- 2.36%(Forex)= 0.04%
Magnus Burgundy 4.80--2.36=2.44%
Prestige: 8 miles@80 paisa, 6.40-- 4.13% = 2.27%
But for Burgundy we also have to maintain 10L in savings right.. Losing out on the FD interest

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Well I wouldn't have considered Magnus post Sep and Prestige if I had Infinia :)
My suggestion is to get Citi Prestige card before it converts to Axis in March 2024 and enjoy the benefits of the one of the most under valued card. Yes fees is on higher side (joining fees is covered) and tough to get due to strict issue norms.

But the metal form factor is not good as other cards like Magnus, Infinia, Reserve, One card also. Hope Axis offers some extra benefits for Citi customers for at-least an year.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What additional value does MC World Elite have? Can't we request for MC after we receive Visa card.. Also I am holding Magnus on Visa platform.

We have a separate thread on TF Community on the same.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have decided to upgrade rewards to Prestige.. Currently don't have any add-ons. Is it better to get add-ons and then upgrade.. Considering Axis doesn't issue add-ons easily for Magnus

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Has Axis said that the transition will happen in March 2024?
No official announcement, Axis has a habit of doing things without communication. But many times users on Forum discussed about March 2024 timeframe and even while upgrading Citi Executive actually told that it will be done by Q2 2024 for me.

Nothing is concrete as of now, we will just wait for the official communication.

vkumarrr

TF Neo
Has anyone converted their Citi Prestige Visa Infinite card to Mastercard World Elite recently. Customer care is denying the request for me. Just want to know other's experience