• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus : Optimal Usage Guide and Valuation

Axis Magnus is undoubtedly the hot cake in the credit card community now. Everyone is jumping for it just because they just don't want to miss out. There are people who also are thinking if it's the right card for them or not as their spending is not at the higher end. This article is going to be useful for them as well as who're already holding this card but haven't made a proper spending calculations and value calculations.

IMG_4249.JPG

First Let's talk about what are the features that make Magnus the best card out there in overall manner.

Sweet Spots:

1. Flat 4.8% reward rate
2. 25K bonus Edge RP on monthly ₹1L milestone, boost return to 24.8%
3. 5x RP on Travel Edge, Gift Edge with no cap on bonus RP
4. Markup is 2% + GST. Only useful if hitting ₹1L spending milestone in a calendar month.

Now the 3 Categories of People are:

1. Category 1:
₹12L to 15L of spending per annum

2. Category 2: ₹7L to ₹11L of spending per annum

3. Category 3: ₹4L to ₹6L of spending per annum

For all the 3 Categories you can identify yourself to which you do belong & thus you know where you do spend. Thus not going category wise spending.

Rather what I’m elaborating is where you can earn more and how much is the valueback even if you pay both the joining & annual fee

💸 Category 1:

With ₹12L-15L of spending you’re paying joining fee as well as annual fee unless you’re hitting ₹15L annual spends.

Assuming that you’re hitting 1L milestone for at least 10 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 10 = 2.5L RP

For 12L Spends: 6K * 12 = 72K RP

For ₹15L Spends: 6K * 15 = 90K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹15L = 2.5L + 90K = 3,60,000 Edge RP

For ₹12L = 2.5L + 72K = 3,22,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹15L = 2,88,000

For ₹12L = 2,57,600

That’s 2x BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip in F class for you in both the cases

Fee Vs Value:

For 15L
of annual spends you’re getting fee waiver. You’re paying only ₹11,800 as joining fee

For 12L
of annual spends you’re paying both joining and annual fee. You’re paying ₹23,600

In both cases you’re getting ₹10K Tata Cliq voucher + ₹6L worth Flight Fare

💸 Category 2:

For ₹7L-₹11L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 5 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 5 = 1.25L RP

For ₹7L Spends: 6K * 7 = 42K RP

For ₹11L Spends: 6K * 11 = 66K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹11L = 1.25L + 66K = 1,91,000 Edge RP

For ₹7L = 1.25L + 42K = 1,67,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹11L = 1,52,800

For ₹7L = 1,33,600

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN roundtrip 1) 1x in Business Class & 1x in Economy Class
Or 2) 1x in F Class

Fee Vs Value:

For both cases you’re paying joining + annual fee, which is ₹23,600 in total.

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.85L (Business + Economy) or ₹3L worth of Flight Ticket.

💸 Category 3:

For ₹4L-₹6L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 3 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 3 = 75K

For ₹4L Spends: 6K * 4 = 24K

For ₹6L Spends: 6K * 6 = 36K

Total RP Gain:

For ₹6L = 75K + 36K = 1,10,000 Edge RP

For ₹4L = 75K + 24K = 99,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹6L = 88,000

For ₹4L = 79,200

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip 1) 1x in Business Class. 2) 2x in Economy Class

⚠️For ₹4L spends you’re short of 6K Miles

Fee Vs Value:

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.2L (Business) or ₹1.3L (2x Economy) worth of Flight Ticket

Above all are the “Flat Value” calculations and ofcourse, real life usage will differ from one individual to another, but that’s what you get at those spending brackets.

That’s not the all, with Magnus you’ve access to quite a decent amount of accelerated RPs, monthly.

Accelerated RP Earning:

Gift Edge:

1. 3x RP on amazon voucher, with a monthly capping of ₹10K worth of vouchers
2. 5x RP on Croma, Tata Cliq, Flipkart, Kalyan Jewellery, PCJ, Reliance Digital, Blinkit etc
3. 10x RP on Myntra, Shopper’s Stop, Pantaloons, Yatra, MMT, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino’s etc

Travel Edge:

You get 5x RP if you book flight and hotels via Travel Edge

Grab Deals:

Often you can see cashback or accelerated RP through it, but comes with capping

As you can see most of you basic needs will be covered with the vouchers

This is an overall usage guide, it’s not meant to be 100% suitable for an individual as everyone has different kind of spendings.

The best you can do is to firstly write down your spending categories, check if you can buy the GVs to spend in those then optimise it accordingly ✌🏻

chbhk619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Today I got to know about this United airlines excursionist feature when booking using miles.
When you are travelling to 2 different places say India to London and then to Turkey and back to India. You will get London to Turkey a free ticket.
This is applicable only if your start and end destination are in same Region like Asia, Europe etc and your intermediate cites are in other region (both in same region again but not the origin region )
Eg:
HYD to London 33k miles
London to Istanbul 0 miles
Istanbul to Hyd 30k
Total 63K miles.

Here London and Istanbul are in different region when compared to India but both are in same Europe region.

Full explanation below from airlines

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Just to share the info with all, in United, you can change the flight and date for free of cost... Also if needed we can cancel it's also free of cost. Both miles and taxes paid are refunded..
I went with free date change option...
Can you cancel online or you need to call them?

TF Premier
Today I got to know about this United airlines excursionist feature when booking using miles.
When you are travelling to 2 different places say India to London and then to Turkey and back to India. You will get London to Turkey a free ticket.
This is applicable only if your start and end destination are in same Region like Asia, Europe etc and your intermediate cites are in other region (both in same region again but not the origin region )
Eg:
HYD to London 33k miles
Istanbul to Hyd 30k
Total 63K miles.

Here London and Istanbul are in different region when compared to India but both are in same Europe region.

Damn. I wish i got knew this earlier. Also the free cancellation/ date change rule. Rather than transferring all points to accor, i could have transferred some to United.

magscas

TF Buzz
Damn. I wish i got knew this earlier. Also the free cancellation/ date change rule. Rather than transferring all points to accor, i could have transferred some to United.
Don't worry so much, man!!! You should be happy that you are getting around Rs. 1.7 per ER in Accor. In the case of United, you will get around 0.5 to 0.8 per point unless you find some sweet spot. In the above case 63K miles will be 78K Axis ERs and also you will have to shell out atleast $100 in taxes. Revenue rate for this itenerary with the LHR to IST leg would come to around 70K.

TF Premier
Don't worry so much, man!!! You should be happy that you are getting around Rs. 1.7 per ER in Accor. In the case of United, you will get around 0.5 to 0.8 per point unless you find some sweet spot. In the above case 63K miles will be 78K Axis ERs and also you will have to shell out atleast $100 in taxes. Revenue rate for this itenerary with the LHR to IST leg would come to around 70K.
Yes you are right. No need to worry when accor gives best value per ER. Though the challenge is to prevent the 1.12L accor points from getting expired.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Eg:
HYD to London 33k miles
Istanbul to Hyd 30k
Total 63K miles.

The influencers must have known this but never disclosed people. Only aim for them is referrals now

chbhk619

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Warlock27

TF Select
Anyone know any steps to get a credit limit enhancement from axis?
My magnus card crossed the 6 months (180 days) threshold recently but I'm not seeing any offers through axis mobile app/net banking.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Anyone know any steps to get a credit limit enhancement from axis?
My magnus card crossed the 6 months (180 days) threshold recently but I'm not seeing any offers through axis mobile app/net banking.
Without Salary slips/ITR?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
In the LE form it shows under tick one category, "Statement of any other credit card", do they accept C2C limit Enhancement or is it better to stick to Salary slips?
Stick to salary slip. They do not accept(except in rare cases) c2c for LE

ravingren

TF Neo
Axis Magnus is undoubtedly the hot cake in the credit card community now. Everyone is jumping for it just because they just don't want to miss out. There are people who also are thinking if it's the right card for them or not as their spending is not at the higher end. This article is going to be useful for them as well as who're already holding this card but haven't made a proper spending calculations and value calculations.

IMG_4249.JPG

First Let's talk about what are the features that make Magnus the best card out there in overall manner.

Sweet Spots:

1. Flat 4.8% reward rate
2. 25K bonus Edge RP on monthly ₹1L milestone, boost return to 24.8%
3. 5x RP on Travel Edge, Gift Edge with no cap on bonus RP
4. Markup is 2% + GST. Only useful if hitting ₹1L spending milestone in a calendar month.

Now the 3 Categories of People are:

1. Category 1:
₹12L to 15L of spending per annum

2. Category 2: ₹7L to ₹11L of spending per annum

3. Category 3: ₹4L to ₹6L of spending per annum

For all the 3 Categories you can identify yourself to which you do belong & thus you know where you do spend. Thus not going category wise spending.

Rather what I’m elaborating is where you can earn more and how much is the valueback even if you pay both the joining & annual fee

💸 Category 1:

With ₹12L-15L of spending you’re paying joining fee as well as annual fee unless you’re hitting ₹15L annual spends.

Assuming that you’re hitting 1L milestone for at least 10 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 10 = 2.5L RP

For 12L Spends: 6K * 12 = 72K RP

For ₹15L Spends: 6K * 15 = 90K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹15L = 2.5L + 90K = 3,60,000 Edge RP

For ₹12L = 2.5L + 72K = 3,22,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹15L = 2,88,000

For ₹12L = 2,57,600

That’s 2x BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip in F class for you in both the cases

Fee Vs Value:

For 15L
of annual spends you’re getting fee waiver. You’re paying only ₹11,800 as joining fee

For 12L
of annual spends you’re paying both joining and annual fee. You’re paying ₹23,600

In both cases you’re getting ₹10K Tata Cliq voucher + ₹6L worth Flight Fare

💸 Category 2:

For ₹7L-₹11L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 5 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 5 = 1.25L RP

For ₹7L Spends: 6K * 7 = 42K RP

For ₹11L Spends: 6K * 11 = 66K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹11L = 1.25L + 66K = 1,91,000 Edge RP

For ₹7L = 1.25L + 42K = 1,67,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹11L = 1,52,800

For ₹7L = 1,33,600

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN roundtrip 1) 1x in Business Class & 1x in Economy Class
Or 2) 1x in F Class

Fee Vs Value:

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.85L (Business + Economy) or ₹3L worth of Flight Ticket.

💸 Category 3:

For ₹4L-₹6L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 3 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 3 = 75K

For ₹4L Spends: 6K * 4 = 24K

For ₹6L Spends: 6K * 6 = 36K

Total RP Gain:

For ₹6L = 75K + 36K = 1,10,000 Edge RP

For ₹4L = 75K + 24K = 99,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹6L = 88,000

For ₹4L = 79,200

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip 1) 1x in Business Class. 2) 2x in Economy Class

⚠️For ₹4L spends you’re short of 6K Miles

Fee Vs Value:

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.2L (Business) or ₹1.3L (2x Economy) worth of Flight Ticket

Above all are the “Flat Value” calculations and ofcourse, real life usage will differ from one individual to another, but that’s what you get at those spending brackets.

That’s not the all, with Magnus you’ve access to quite a decent amount of accelerated RPs, monthly.

Accelerated RP Earning:

Gift Edge:

1. 3x RP on amazon voucher, with a monthly capping of ₹10K worth of vouchers
2. 5x RP on Croma, Tata Cliq, Flipkart, Kalyan Jewellery, PCJ, Reliance Digital, Blinkit etc
3. 10x RP on Myntra, Shopper’s Stop, Pantaloons, Yatra, MMT, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino’s etc

Travel Edge:

You get 5x RP if you book flight and hotels via Travel Edge

Grab Deals:

Often you can see cashback or accelerated RP through it, but comes with capping

As you can see most of you basic needs will be covered with the vouchers

This is an overall usage guide, it’s not meant to be 100% suitable for an individual as everyone has different kind of spendings.

The best you can do is to firstly write down your spending categories, check if you can buy the GVs to spend in those then optimise it accordingly ✌🏻
Thank you for this! Is there an updated version of this post after the recent changes by Axis?

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Post Magnus's devaluation, is anybody still using Magnus if they also have Infinia? Asking because I have completely shifted my spending to Infinia because of all the confusion. Apart from Magnu's Meet & Greet and BMS's BOGO offer, I don't use it at all. Is there anything I am missing?

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Post Magnus's devaluation, is anybody still using Magnus if they also have Infinia? Asking because I have completely shifted my spending to Infinia because of all the confusion. Apart from Magnu's Meet & Greet and BMS's BOGO offer, I don't use it at all. Is there anything I am missing?
Same here, using infinia now

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you don’t have Burgundy better to use Infinia only. Mathematically only case when one should use Magnus over Infinia is if you have flight or hotel spends above Rs.173,000 as Infinia smartbuy has daily cap. So better to use Axis Travel Edge in such case.