• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus : Optimal Usage Guide and Valuation

Axis Magnus is undoubtedly the hot cake in the credit card community now. Everyone is jumping for it just because they just don't want to miss out. There are people who also are thinking if it's the right card for them or not as their spending is not at the higher end. This article is going to be useful for them as well as who're already holding this card but haven't made a proper spending calculations and value calculations.

IMG_4249.JPG

First Let's talk about what are the features that make Magnus the best card out there in overall manner.

Sweet Spots:

1. Flat 4.8% reward rate
2. 25K bonus Edge RP on monthly ₹1L milestone, boost return to 24.8%
3. 5x RP on Travel Edge, Gift Edge with no cap on bonus RP
4. Markup is 2% + GST. Only useful if hitting ₹1L spending milestone in a calendar month.

Now the 3 Categories of People are:

1. Category 1:
₹12L to 15L of spending per annum

2. Category 2: ₹7L to ₹11L of spending per annum

3. Category 3: ₹4L to ₹6L of spending per annum

For all the 3 Categories you can identify yourself to which you do belong & thus you know where you do spend. Thus not going category wise spending.

Rather what I’m elaborating is where you can earn more and how much is the valueback even if you pay both the joining & annual fee

💸 Category 1:

With ₹12L-15L of spending you’re paying joining fee as well as annual fee unless you’re hitting ₹15L annual spends.

Assuming that you’re hitting 1L milestone for at least 10 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 10 = 2.5L RP

For 12L Spends: 6K * 12 = 72K RP

For ₹15L Spends: 6K * 15 = 90K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹15L = 2.5L + 90K = 3,60,000 Edge RP

For ₹12L = 2.5L + 72K = 3,22,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹15L = 2,88,000

For ₹12L = 2,57,600

That’s 2x BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip in F class for you in both the cases

Fee Vs Value:

For 15L
of annual spends you’re getting fee waiver. You’re paying only ₹11,800 as joining fee

For 12L
of annual spends you’re paying both joining and annual fee. You’re paying ₹23,600

In both cases you’re getting ₹10K Tata Cliq voucher + ₹6L worth Flight Fare

💸 Category 2:

For ₹7L-₹11L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 5 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 5 = 1.25L RP

For ₹7L Spends: 6K * 7 = 42K RP

For ₹11L Spends: 6K * 11 = 66K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹11L = 1.25L + 66K = 1,91,000 Edge RP

For ₹7L = 1.25L + 42K = 1,67,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹11L = 1,52,800

For ₹7L = 1,33,600

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN roundtrip 1) 1x in Business Class & 1x in Economy Class
Or 2) 1x in F Class

Fee Vs Value:

For both cases you’re paying joining + annual fee, which is ₹23,600 in total.

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.85L (Business + Economy) or ₹3L worth of Flight Ticket.

💸 Category 3:

For ₹4L-₹6L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 3 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 3 = 75K

For ₹4L Spends: 6K * 4 = 24K

For ₹6L Spends: 6K * 6 = 36K

Total RP Gain:

For ₹6L = 75K + 36K = 1,10,000 Edge RP

For ₹4L = 75K + 24K = 99,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹6L = 88,000

For ₹4L = 79,200

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip 1) 1x in Business Class. 2) 2x in Economy Class

⚠️For ₹4L spends you’re short of 6K Miles

Fee Vs Value:

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.2L (Business) or ₹1.3L (2x Economy) worth of Flight Ticket

Above all are the “Flat Value” calculations and ofcourse, real life usage will differ from one individual to another, but that’s what you get at those spending brackets.

That’s not the all, with Magnus you’ve access to quite a decent amount of accelerated RPs, monthly.

Accelerated RP Earning:

Gift Edge:

1. 3x RP on amazon voucher, with a monthly capping of ₹10K worth of vouchers
2. 5x RP on Croma, Tata Cliq, Flipkart, Kalyan Jewellery, PCJ, Reliance Digital, Blinkit etc
3. 10x RP on Myntra, Shopper’s Stop, Pantaloons, Yatra, MMT, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino’s etc

Travel Edge:

You get 5x RP if you book flight and hotels via Travel Edge

Grab Deals:

Often you can see cashback or accelerated RP through it, but comes with capping

As you can see most of you basic needs will be covered with the vouchers

This is an overall usage guide, it’s not meant to be 100% suitable for an individual as everyone has different kind of spendings.

The best you can do is to firstly write down your spending categories, check if you can buy the GVs to spend in those then optimise it accordingly ✌🏻

Parvesh Goyal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Really it's a great article. @Subhankar u have covered all the edge reward points. Apart from the edge rewards there is benefit of meet & greet service, which is hardly provided by any other cards. It's very helpful to understand.

Axis Magnus is undoubtedly the hot cake in the credit card community now. Everyone is jumping for it just because they just don't want to miss out. There are people who also are thinking if it's the right card for them or not as their spending is not at the higher end. This article is going to be useful for them as well as who're already holding this card but haven't made a proper spending calculations and value calculations.

IMG_4249.JPG

First Let's talk about what are the features that make Magnus the best card out there in overall manner.

Sweet Spots:

1. Flat 4.8% reward rate
2. 25K bonus Edge RP on monthly ₹1L milestone, boost return to 24.8%
3. 5x RP on Travel Edge, Gift Edge with no cap on bonus RP
4. Markup is 2% + GST. Only useful if hitting ₹1L spending milestone in a calendar month.

Now the 3 Categories of People are:

1. Category 1:
₹12L to 15L of spending per annum

2. Category 2: ₹7L to ₹11L of spending per annum

3. Category 3: ₹4L to ₹6L of spending per annum

For all the 3 Categories you can identify yourself to which you do belong & thus you know where you do spend. Thus not going category wise spending.

Rather what I’m elaborating is where you can earn more and how much is the valueback even if you pay both the joining & annual fee

💸 Category 1:

With ₹12L-15L of spending you’re paying joining fee as well as annual fee unless you’re hitting ₹15L annual spends.

Assuming that you’re hitting 1L milestone for at least 10 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 10 = 2.5L RP

For 12L Spends: 6K * 12 = 72K RP

For ₹15L Spends: 6K * 15 = 90K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹15L = 2.5L + 90K = 3,60,000 Edge RP

For ₹12L = 2.5L + 72K = 3,22,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹15L = 2,88,000

For ₹12L = 2,57,600

That’s 2x BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip in F class for you in both the cases

Fee Vs Value:

For 15L
of annual spends you’re getting fee waiver. You’re paying only ₹11,800 as joining fee

For 12L
of annual spends you’re paying both joining and annual fee. You’re paying ₹23,600

In both cases you’re getting ₹10K Tata Cliq voucher + ₹6L worth Flight Fare

💸 Category 2:

For ₹7L-₹11L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 5 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 5 = 1.25L RP

For ₹7L Spends: 6K * 7 = 42K RP

For ₹11L Spends: 6K * 11 = 66K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹11L = 1.25L + 66K = 1,91,000 Edge RP

For ₹7L = 1.25L + 42K = 1,67,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹11L = 1,52,800

For ₹7L = 1,33,600

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN roundtrip 1) 1x in Business Class & 1x in Economy Class
Or 2) 1x in F Class

Fee Vs Value:

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.85L (Business + Economy) or ₹3L worth of Flight Ticket.

💸 Category 3:

For ₹4L-₹6L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 3 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 3 = 75K

For ₹4L Spends: 6K * 4 = 24K

For ₹6L Spends: 6K * 6 = 36K

Total RP Gain:

For ₹6L = 75K + 36K = 1,10,000 Edge RP

For ₹4L = 75K + 24K = 99,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹6L = 88,000

For ₹4L = 79,200

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip 1) 1x in Business Class. 2) 2x in Economy Class

⚠️For ₹4L spends you’re short of 6K Miles

Fee Vs Value:

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.2L (Business) or ₹1.3L (2x Economy) worth of Flight Ticket

Above all are the “Flat Value” calculations and ofcourse, real life usage will differ from one individual to another, but that’s what you get at those spending brackets.

That’s not the all, with Magnus you’ve access to quite a decent amount of accelerated RPs, monthly.

Accelerated RP Earning:

Gift Edge:

1. 3x RP on amazon voucher, with a monthly capping of ₹10K worth of vouchers
2. 5x RP on Croma, Tata Cliq, Flipkart, Kalyan Jewellery, PCJ, Reliance Digital, Blinkit etc
3. 10x RP on Myntra, Shopper’s Stop, Pantaloons, Yatra, MMT, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino’s etc

Travel Edge:

You get 5x RP capped at 10K Edge RP per month if you book flight and hotels via Travel Edge

Grab Deals:

Often you can see cashback or accelerated RP through it, but comes with capping

As you can see most of you basic needs will be covered with the vouchers

This is an overall usage guide, it’s not meant to be 100% suitable for an individual as everyone has different kind of spendings.

The best you can do is to firstly write down your spending categories, check if you can buy the GVs to spend in those then optimise it accordingly ✌🏻
10K capping is on grab deals not on travel edge. Feel free to share source if you have.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Can you please make one post comparing the typical points value of all these airline partners for domestic economy class and international economy class tickets? I never travel in business class, so that is not much useful.

And if there is one or two single partner that usually offers best price most of the time? It is so confusing for most of us.

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Call me a pessimist but after a little over a month I have been with Axis, I am certain they are going to play it dirty when it comes to crediting the points. I am still waiting for standard points for my transactions from a month ago. I have a feeling in my gut they are going to make it tedious for us to get our points. Keep an excel and keep record of all txns you are making

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Subhankar Ji ... Thanks for this Optimal Usage Guide and Valuation for MAGNUS...

The current rewards are unbelievable ... it's like a fairytale ... but the only drawback is AXIS's inconsistency of rewarding/posting it on time.

I got the card on 20th Sep .... Started my Milestone Tgt from 1st Oct .....
I have achieved both OCT & NOV .... but so far the portal has updated rewards till 18th Oct..
This is a major drawback .... I don't know how are they gonna post the Balance Multiplier X rewards for EdgeRewards & GrabDeals transactions .... Lets c

Some of the Offer .. I have claimed

EazyDiner Offer .... 40% discount up to 1K twice in a month + 50% up to 3K Birthday Offer ..... In October only..
I got 2+3=5K benefit + EazyDiner Membership of 1 year.

BMS - No quota issue ... Claimed 5 free tickets (BOGO) + Visa Infinite offer ...

Airport Lounge (080 Blr lounge, but i have used SBI Cashback)+ Meet & Greet Service

Yes, Visa Infinite offer ... + thriwe = Amazon Prime 3 Months + 250 Big Basket Claimed

Out and out, it's a Lifestyle Enrichment Card ...

EXPERTS PLEASE COMMNET

According to me, TravelEdge 5X is overrated .... When Yatra voucher is available at 10X ..... why would I settle for 5X ?????

Yet to try .... so just asking .... please clarify ....

Last edited:

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Call me a pessimist but after a little over a month I have been with Axis, I am certain they are going to play it dirty when it comes to crediting the points. I am still waiting for standard points for my transactions from a month ago. I have a feeling in my gut they are going to make it tedious for us to get our points. Keep an excel and keep record of all txns you are making
Axis has always been lazy about crediting points. Better to keep them in track in your excel sheet, that's what I do and suggest

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
10K capping is on grab deals not on travel edge. Feel free to share source if you have.
People reported the same. For the same reason, Atlas get used in the case. It has no capping. Axis is shady with their T&C and they goof up with their points crediting system. My travel edge transactions go with Atlas.
For an example you can now buy more than 10k GV of amazon per month, that's a bug

mohdgadi

TF Buzz
RML Group
If I have around 18L worth of spending. Would it make sense to take magnus+reserve? I will get 10k additional points on giftedge

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
If I have around 18L worth of spending. Would it make sense to take magnus+reserve? I will get 10k additional points on giftedge
If you're ready to pay the fee, why not? 12L consistent with 1L monthly milestone, rest 6 on Reserve. 24.8% + 6% flat

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
@Subhankar Ji ... Thanks for this Optimal Usage Guide and Valuation for MAGNUS...

The current rewards are unbelievable ... it's like a fairytale ... but the only drawback is AXIS's inconsistency of rewarding/posting it on time.

I have achieved both OCT & NOV .... but so far the portal has updated rewards till 18th Oct..
This is a major drawback .... I don't know how are they gonna post the Balance Multiplier X rewards for EdgeRewards & GrabDeals transactions .... Lets c

EazyDiner Offer .... 40% discount up to 1K twice in a month + 50% up to 3K Birthday Offer ..... In October only..

BMS - No quota issue ... Claimed 5 free tickets (BOGO) + Visa Infinite offer ...

Airport Lounge (080 Blr lounge, but i have used SBI Cashback)+ Meet & Greet Service

Yes, Visa Infinite offer ... + thriwe = Amazon Prime 3 Months + 250 Big Basket Claimed

EXPERTS PLEASE COMMNET

According to me, TravelEdge 5X is overrated .... When Yatra voucher is available at 10X ..... why would I settle for 5X ?????

Sometimes, the mediator fee. I do buy either from Travel Edge or from Airline's website (Atlas' 5x). You just need to check which one is value wise better. That's why I mentioned

"

"

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sometimes, the mediator fee. I do buy either from Travel Edge or from Airline's website (Atlas' 5x). You just need to check which one is value wise better. That's why I mentioned

"

"
I'm having a FOMO right now since my spending is not high. :ROFLMAO: :cautious:

Aniket30

TF Neo

EXPERTS PLEASE COMMNET

Hi Avijeet, can u tell me how to avail the Visa infinite and Thriwe benefits?
Also what are the benefits that can be availed