• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus - Marks & spencer 45x

Hi,
Does anyone availed 45x offer on Marks and Spencer.This means that if we shop for approx 3800 , we will recieve 10k points which is equivalent to Rs 2000.

Earlier i have seen that 30x was offerred on jockey which is also now reduced to 20x.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How do you calculate 96℅ ?
Jockey grabdeals offer is @20x

So let's take 1k spent and do the math

Magnus
(1000/200)*12 *20times=1200 ER
Miles/Hotel = 1200*0.8=960 (So on Rs1000 spent you get back 960) - 96% return back :)

Reserve Card
(1000/200)*15 *20times=1500 ER
Miles/Hotel = 1500*0.8=1200 (So on Rs1000 spent you get back 1200) - 120% return back :)

So happily you can replace any of your inner wardrobes from Jockey 🤣 with these enablers from AXIS

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Jockey grabdeals offer is @20x

So let's take 1k spent and do the math

Magnus
(1000/200)*12 *20times=1200 ER
Miles/Hotel = 1200*0.8=960 (So on Rs1000 spent you get back 960) - 96% return back :)

Reserve Card
(1000/200)*15 *20times=1500 ER
Miles/Hotel = 1500*0.8=1200 (So on Rs1000 spent you get back 1200) - 120% return back :)

So happily you can replace any of your inner wardrobes from Jockey 🤣 with these enablers from AXIS
But you can't value 1 Miles = 1 Rs , it hardly gives more than 0.50 in practical

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But you can't value 1 Miles = 1 Rs , it hardly gives more than 0.50 in practical
For domestic flights it's close to 1re most of the times...i just booked a Mum-Del return for 2 for 20k cv points. Cheapest flights for same times and date was a little over 17.5k and this was other airlines so no free food too and seats cost seperately(window n aisle)

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Ok but for Vistara domestic isn’t Vistara infinite a better card ?
Vistara infinite is good for gold status and for spends more than 1L on magnus but even if you take regular spends Magnus will give more CV points after conversion but i agree on your point for international economy flights you get ~.50 per mile but value becomes more for business class tickets. Below is the calculation for base rewards
Vistara infinite : 6CV per 200
Magnus : 12ER per 200 =12/5*4 = 9.6 CV
This is without the 1L milestone on Magnus

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How do we come to know that 40X rewards are applied as i haven't got any confirmation message post payment from card
You should get within 2-3 days.if not, call axis and verify so that you can cancel and place again.
Happened with me. Did not get sms. Called customer service. They told it has been captured but you havent received sms due to some tech issue. They told that will trigger again.
Received sms in 2 day

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Just depends on how creatively you can use them. A return BOM-JFK flight on United in economy costs 93.6k miles vs INR 150k cash and business costs 187k United miles while cash is priced at an average of INR 300-350k
Ok
But practically I have never been able to get more than 0.5 on international travel, may be because my trips are planned at max 30 to 45 days in advance

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With the most brainless redemptions on economy you'd usually get give or take ~1 INR per point.

But people here are comparing apples to oranges, usually comparing flights with different routing/flights or even on completely different airlines.

India is also a fairly price sensitive market, flights are as cheap as they can get considering the fuel prices here compared to foreign airlines where their fuel might be a lot cheaper like middle east based airlines.

For Vistara in Economy you can usually get around 0.8-1.2 INR value easily almost on any date for most of their flights within the following 60 days.

Also from time to time there is award redemptions promotions where they discount flights by 20-30%, also transfer promotions which can go up to 100% extra miles isn't uncommon once or twice a year.