• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Credit Card Review

saucy

TF Ace
So after deval, the only thing that changes is -- now you need an extra Burgundy account to utilise these befenits. Yes?

deepcards

TF Premier
I think if one spends a lot on travel, having a Burgundy + Magnus still makes sense, as it can 60 edge points on 200 Rs. on the travel edge portal. I have some monthly travel expenses for the next 1 year, can someone confirm whats the value of each edge point if one books directly from travel edge? Otherwise the rewards comes out to be around 19.2%, assuming i convert them to Club Vistara and each CV point is approx 80 paisa.

DevD

TF Premier
I think if one spends a lot on travel, having a Burgundy + Magnus still makes sense, as it can 60 edge points on 200 Rs. on the travel edge portal. I have some monthly travel expenses for the next 1 year, can someone confirm whats the value of each edge point if one books directly from travel edge? Otherwise the rewards comes out to be around 19.2%, assuming i convert them to Club Vistara and each CV point is approx 80 paisa.
What is the MAB of burgundy account ? initial funding amount ?

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the MAB of burgundy account ? initial funding amount ?
If you are not getting Burgundy and already have Infinia, then forget about Magnus

If you can't get Burgundy without the MAB - I would still recommend you forget about Magnus (very likely) and perhaps get an Amex Platinum instead (or even Amex Gold)

getting Burgundy with MAB will cost you about 40k in pre-tax interest (FD vs savings' I wont even go into stock market average returns and other higher risk options; also taxes reduce this amount) For an average 2% difference between Infinia and Magnus, for you to recover it, you need to spend 20lakhs ! Of course reality is a bit different - if you exhaust the 1.8lakhs reward points (or rather 15k per month) regularly on Infinia - then the difference specially on travel will be 25% or so - and in that case "merely" 1.6L of such overflow purchases on Magnus will benefit you the enough to break even.

The question is - is that worth it? For me the answer is - I got Burgundy without MAB and Magnus will renew this year for free. I'll probably cancel it next year (unless of course Infinia revalues again) and probably get Amex Platinum/Gold depending on my needs at that time.

Last edited:

deepcards

TF Premier
If you are not getting Burgundy and already have Infinia, then forget about Magnus

If you can't get Burgundy without the MAB - I would still recommend you forget about Magnus (very likely) and perhaps get an Amex Platinum instead (or even Amex Gold)

getting Burgundy with MAB will cost you about 40k in pre-tax interest (FD vs savings' I wont even go into stock market average returns and other higher risk options; also taxes reduce this amount) For an average 2% difference between Infinia and Magnus, for you to recover it, you need to spend 20lakhs ! Of course reality is a bit different - if you exhaust the 1.8lakhs reward points (or rather 15k per month) regularly on Infinia - then the difference specially on travel will be 25% or so - and in that case "merely" 1.6L of such overflow purchases on Magnus will benefit you the enough to break even.

The question is - is that worth it? For me the answer is - I got Burgundy without MAB and Magnus will renew this year for free. I'll probably cancel it next year (unless of course Infinia revalues again) and probably get Amex Platinum/Gold depending on my needs at that time.
how did you get Burgundy without MAB ? Salary account? or something else?