• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Quantum

TF Premier
I have a Citibank salary account for more than a decade.
After the services got transferred to Axis, I was thinking to close this account and move to some other bank.
But then my RM reached out to me to sell some investment products, and I asked them if a Citibank account holder can transfer the account to Axis.
They said it's possible. I asked them what would be the account type in Axis that I would get, they said you would easily get Axis Burgundy.
I couldn't continue that conversation because of some other work.
Could you please help me understand that in addition to Axis Burgundy account, what other benefits I can negotiate for in terms of debit and credit card.
On Axis Bank website https://www.axisbank.com/burgundy-personal-banking I see that,
1) For Burgundy Debit Card, they have two variants i.e. MasterCard and Visa Card. Which one would be better and in terms of what?
2) On the same page, I see "Select Credit Card", is this some credit card name? Is this the only CC that one can get while moving to Burgundy account? I'm basically looking for a LTF premium CC from them. Is Magnus possible? LTF or with fee?

Aryan Malhotra

TF Premier
After the services got transferred to Axis, I was thinking to close this account and move to some other bank.
But then my RM reached out to me to sell some investment products, and I asked them if a Citibank account holder can transfer the account to Axis.
They said it's possible. I asked them what would be the account type in Axis that I would get, they said you would easily get Axis Burgundy.
Could you please help me understand that in addition to Axis Burgundy account, what other benefits I can negotiate for in terms of debit and credit card.
On Axis Bank website https://www.axisbank.com/burgundy-personal-banking I see that,
1) For Burgundy Debit Card, they have two variants i.e. MasterCard and Visa Card. Which one would be better and in terms of what?
2) On the same page, I see "Select Credit Card", is this some credit card name? Is this the only CC that one can get while moving to Burgundy account? I'm basically looking for a LTF premium CC from them. Is Magnus possible? LTF or with fee?
I think by default you will get Burgundy MasterCard debit card, you can easily get Burgundy magnus LTF if your salary credit is more than 3 lakh but try to pre negotiate it would better

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Magnus is LTF only for a limited period of time (15th Nov)

Quantum

TF Premier
Magnus is LTF only for a limited period of time (15th Nov)
So the update from today is:
RM called me and said (this is what he said without me asking for anything) that "We can move the Citi account to Axis Burgundy. You will also get a CC that would be Magnus."
Then I said, "I hope it would be LTF".
He replied, yes, but you would need to maintain NRV of 30L with Axis for your Magnus CC to be LTF.
I told him that as you know I'm a decade old salaried customer of Citi keeping good amount, could you check if I could be provided some flexibility in this "condition's" regard. He said he will check with CC team and revert back.
How should I negotiate now if I don't want to maintain the NRV of 30L?

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
RM called me and said (this is what he said without me asking for anything) that "We can move the Citi account to Axis Burgundy. You will also get a CC that would be Magnus."
He replied, yes, but you would need to maintain NRV of 30L with Axis for your Magnus CC to be LTF.
I told him that as you know I'm a decade old salaried customer of Citi keeping good amount, could you check if I could be provided some flexibility in this "condition's" regard. He said he will check with CC team and revert back.
You should be able to get it with 3L salary per month or 10L AQB or 30L NRV! Speak to them bit hard :D

CP24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am in the same boat too. I am also a Citi salary account holder for more than a decade now. But, I am not aware of any RM. How did you get in touch with a RM from Axis Bank?

Since I don't have any Axis savings account, can Citi customer support assist me in transferring the account to Axis?

Quantum

TF Premier
I am in the same boat too. I am also a Citi salary account holder for more than a decade now. But, I am not aware of any RM. How did you get in touch with a RM from Axis Bank?

Since I don't have any Axis savings account, can Citi customer support assist me in transferring the account to Axis?
I will help you out.
It's strange that no Citi RM reached out to you ever..
How much balance you have been maintaining in this account?

Quantum

TF Premier

Citi is under Axis umbrella now.
So everyone working for or representing Citi, is on Axis' payroll.
And don't call Citi customer support. They would just read out some TnCs that would make you feel that you can't get Axis Burgundy.

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
2) On the same page, I see "Select Credit Card", is this some credit card name? Is this the only CC that one can get while moving to Burgundy account? I'm basically looking for a LTF premium CC from them. Is Magnus possible? LTF or with fee
did u reach RM or u got connected during retention. Do confirm

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Let me know when you are actually able to convert your Citi account to Axis account.
Because as per my knowledge, this is not yet possible.

djaz

TF Buzz
I am in the same boat, with citi relationship over a decade, spoke to one of the BM in the Axis bank, he mentioned moving is not possible it will be new Axis account with a new relation, and he is very clear on that.
As per him any new Burgundy account with over 5L salary / 10L AQB / 30L NRV gets magnus LTF

Quantum

TF Premier

Check you account in Citi app/website. There the relationship contacts would be mentioned. You would need to reach out to that person.