• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank rejects credit card application

akshayhs

TF Ace
I applied for Axis Credit card, 4 times in 1.5 years, and all of them were rejected, despite me having 771 CIBIL. In addition, they were reporting incorrect gender.
I visited branch and applied for C2C. Branch people said that I will get the card this time, but guess what? Rejected.
Visited branch again, those branch employee losers asked me to apply for Savings Account. I opened, but I had lost my trust, so I didn't apply for any card.
After 3 months, Axis was running the LTF offers. I applied on February last, very reluctantly, and it was approved.

3 months later, in June, Axis people called again, and asked to apply second card. I denied as it was chargable. But, she said that she would make it LTF. But, she didn't . I escalated. She told me to close this complaint, and she would pay my joining charges. She did, and I closed my complaint and the card.

Will close the account soon altogether. I am waiting for completion of 1 year, otherwise they charge Rs 590/- (appliable to almost all banks) for account closure
What kind of a circus ring is this? I would lose my sanity if I had to go through this.

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That's quite a unique case.... I have seen people getting upto 3 cards of acis... Within a minth of getting first axis card.... They are very happy to give cards to existing customer... Just like sbi
I got Ace approved in my very 1st attempt (C2C) and after a year I applied myzone LTF got approved with 3 times more limit of Ace.

repertoire

TF Select
That's quite a unique case.... I have seen people getting upto 3 cards of acis... Within a minth of getting first axis card.... They are very happy to give cards to existing customer... Just like sbi
Damn. Guess I really drew the short straw there.

I tried the instant applications for both Freecharge and Airtel cards today for the first time. And they both immediately rejected me as soon I gave them my registered number, despite having a CIBIL of 779. I have to imagine that I've been blacklisted by Axis for some reason. I'm moving to a bigger city in a couple of months, and will try again from there.

Damn. Guess I really drew the short straw there.

I tried the instant applications for both Freecharge and Airtel cards today for the first time. And they both immediately rejected me as soon I gave them my registered number, despite having a CIBIL of 779. I have to imagine that I've been blacklisted by Axis for some reason. I'm moving to a bigger city in a couple of months, and will try again from there.
Whoa... same case with me too.
Whenever I try to apply for axis cc it immediately get declined on next day and few days back I tried Freecharge pay later which is backed by axis bank and guess what that is declined too.
Mine CIBIL is 781 and I will be moving to the metro city soon so let's see what happens then.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Whoa... same case with me too.
Whenever I try to apply for axis cc it immediately get declined on next day and few days back I tried Freecharge pay later which is backed by axis bank and guess what that is declined too.
Mine CIBIL is 781 and I will be moving to the metro city soon so let's see what happens then.
Better to take a fd card..... Then u will easily get any axis card u want....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Axis Customer care said that Instant C2C is not applicable for FD backed Axis cards
After 3-4 months of getting fd card.... U can easily get any unsecured axis card... My 2-3 friends got it.... They were suggested by their branch manager.... I am also planning to take a axis card on fd... Once u have any axis card... They will happily give u any card...

Customer care people are dumb...... They tell u written policy.... Banks staff have targets every month for each product... .... They work accordingly....

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
After 3-4 months of getting fd card.... U can easily get any unsecured axis card... My 2-3 friends got it.... They were suggested by their branch manager.... I am also planning to take a axis card on fd... Once u have any axis card... They will happily give u any card...

Customer care people are dumb...... They tell u written policy.... Banks staff have targets every month for each product... .... They work accordingly....
I totally agree most dumb customer care..I feel BOB is better than Axis

repertoire

TF Select
Axis has so far rejected all of my applications. Been holding a secured Axis Privilege card (60k limit) since Dec 2021, Prestige savings account too, and I'm still getting exactly zero preapproved offers. Maybe it is my pin code, but I live in an urban area and a short walk away from an Axis branch. Their CC department is just an utter pain to deal with, and I think I've given up on holding any of their unsecured cards.
An update on this shitshow.

I went to my branch on Thursday and asked them for Axis Select, I even told them I would upgrade my account to Burgundy if they gave it to me with minimum documentation. They were like, normally we can't give it to you without ITR or a salary slip, but if you upgrade to Burgundy, we should be able to. Since their CC agents were not present that day, they asked me to come in again on Friday. That was annoying but I could really use a card with international lounge access, so I went along with it.

Friday comes around and I'm sitting there with the CC agent, she makes a few calls to their higher-ups and she's like no, we actually can't give you any card without ITR/salary. I mentioned my card against FD and she basically confirmed my suspicions by saying you won't get any preapproved offers if you already hold an FD card and that's why I've received none over the past year. In the process of checking if I have any preapproved offers, she made me apply through the normal Axis online portal, which I'm 95% sure will get declined on Monday because that has always been my experience with Axis.

Imho, Axis is the worst out of all the big banks, and as a result of this, I've completely drained my Axis savings account, and I'm probably going to close my FD based card soon. The only thing preventing me from doing so is the fact that it was my first card. I'm certainly not going to use it for purchases anymore.

I know I'm a small fish and they don't give a shit. But imagine fumbling a potential new Burgundy savings account + a CC user who's going to do several lakhs in spends in the next couple of months, and instead convincing the same customer to stop using your services altogether. An absolute master stroke by Axis.

AsB

TF Ace

I went to my branch on Thursday and asked them for Axis Select, I even told them I would upgrade my account to Burgundy if they gave it to me with minimum documentation. They were like, normally we can't give it to you without ITR or a salary slip, but if you upgrade to Burgundy, we should be able to. Since their CC agents were not present that day, they asked me to come in again on Friday. That was annoying but I could really use a card with international lounge access, so I went along with it.

Friday comes around and I'm sitting there with the CC agent, she makes a few calls to their higher-ups and she's like no, we actually can't give you any card without ITR/salary. I mentioned my card against FD and she basically confirmed my suspicions by saying you won't get any preapproved offers if you already hold an FD card and that's why I've received none over the past year. In the process of checking if I have any preapproved offers, she made me apply through the normal Axis online portal, which I'm 95% sure will get declined on Monday because that has always been my experience with Axis.

Imho, Axis is the worst out of all the big banks, and as a result of this, I've completely drained my Axis savings account, and I'm probably going to close my FD based card soon. The only thing preventing me from doing so is the fact that it was my first card. I'm certainly not going to use it for purchases anymore.

I know I'm a small fish and they don't give a shit. But imagine fumbling a potential new Burgundy savings account + a CC user who's going to do several lakhs in spends in the next couple of months, and instead convincing the same customer to stop using your services altogether. An absolute master stroke by Axis.
Yes, same old story sister/brother. We are all in the same boat regarding Axis. (Very) to the power -10000 few people have a positive feedback against Axis

Last edited:

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family

I was thinking HDFC is worst :) seems it's almost all other than ICICI

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Based and redlpilled by Axis fr fr.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As you guys can see Axis Bank had made two consecutive enquiries just two days apart from each other and then the next query was on March of this year when i wanted to get Flipkart card (some LTF offer was going on) and for that i was not able to do kyc as i had just moved, then in June some Axis guy called me from where i used to stay during March and said he can give me LTF and all, I was like great and then he applied on my behalf after that the application got rejected due to something something and the bank guy doesn't care anymore.
So out of frustration i applied it online by myself last month and it got declined because axis apparently nowadays will not do kyc if place of residence is a different city due to job scenario
Now i don't even care for Flipkart card because my friend has one and i just use his one to order things from Flipkart.
I'm pretty sure if i go to apply for Amex Gold Charge or MRCC i would get approved on day 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-28-09-12-21-46_49b96b5fbae0d12a18edc4a3afe0dfd9.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-28-09-12-21-46_49b96b5fbae0d12a18edc4a3afe0dfd9.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 48

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
As you guys can see Axis Bank had made two consecutive enquiries just two days apart from each other and then the next query was on March of this year when i wanted to get Flipkart card (some LTF offer was going on) and for that i was not able to do kyc as i had just moved, then in June some Axis guy called me from where i used to stay during March and said he can give me LTF and all, I was like great and then he applied on my behalf after that the application got rejected due to something something and the bank guy doesn't care anymore.
So out of frustration i applied it online by myself last month and it got declined because axis apparently nowadays will not do kyc if place of residence is a different city due to job scenario
Now i don't even care for Flipkart card because my friend has one and i just use his one to order things from Flipkart.
I'm pretty sure if i go to apply for Amex Gold Charge or MRCC i would get approved on day 1
Bro I suggest you to don't apply for any credit products next 6 months too many hard enquiries already..