• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank rejects credit card application

vortexape

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I already have written to the nodal officer and their grievance email, let's see the reply. They've also done 2 inquiries on my CIBIL.
Same problem here too. I already hold an Axis Vistara Infinite card with them, but they rejected my Ace application a week ago. Makes little sense to get approved for a premium card and get rejected for an entry level one.

Have written to the Principal Nodal officer too, they keep playing the broken record of Internal policies, I'll keep escalating.
My CIBIL dropped 11 points because of the rejection.

They have very poor customer service.

Arcade

TF Buzz
Same problem here too. I already hold an Axis Vistara Infinite card with them, but they rejected my Ace application a week ago. Makes little sense to get approved for a premium card and get rejected for an entry level one.

Have written to the Principal Nodal officer too, they keep playing the broken record of Internal policies, I'll keep escalating.
My CIBIL dropped 11 points because of the rejection.

They have very poor customer service.
Axis is definitely very weird, They approved my Airtel application after a few emails but did another inquiry at the time of in-person verification so now, there are 3 inquiries within a span of 10 days.

The CC haven't replied to me either just keep on saying that it's taking a bit longer than usual and that they are looking into it.

The funny part, my CIBIL did not change even one bit with the multiple inquiries.

vortexape

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Axis is definitely very weird, They approved my Airtel application after a few emails but did another inquiry at the time of in-person verification so now, there are 3 inquiries within a span of 10 days.

The CC haven't replied to me either just keep on saying that it's taking a bit longer than usual and that they are looking into it.

The funny part, my CIBIL did not change even one bit with the multiple inquiries.
Gotcha, your cumulative inquiries for the relevant look-back period won't be much I suppose, or maybe you got lucky, plain and simple.

Their phone banking is pathetic and inconsistent. Different people will give you different answers to the same question, its a test of patience, but I've dealt with BOB recently and took like 3 months i total, so I'm ready per se.

tuhin

TF Premier
I can remember, that my Axis Card application got rejected even after having CIBIL 790+... I threw several emails to Nodal to get clarification. They were not giving me any proper reason. I am not sure how Axis is approving CC applications & yes! I have an Axis account too.

I can remember, that my Axis Card application got rejected even after having CIBIL 790+... I threw several emails to Nodal to get clarification. They were not giving me any proper reason. I am not sure how Axis is approving CC applications & yes! I have an Axis account too.
Did you get any solution or your axis card get approved later?

I didn't do anything after that. Totally frustrated with Axis. Holding Axis FK CC already, it's my fortune!
Ohh lucky you, I even have prestige salary account with Axis still they are instantly declining my application next day without even any verification.
I tried mailing nodal officer 3 times but they give same BS bank internal policy reason every time and at last I had to resort to FB based secured myzone cc.

tuhin

TF Premier
Ohh lucky you, I even have prestige salary account with Axis still they are instantly declining my application next day without even any verification.
I tried mailing nodal officer 3 times but they give same BS bank internal policy reason every time and at last I had to resort to FB based secured myzone cc.
I know quite a pathetic service. If you really need Axis CC & you have a LIC policy, try LIC Axis Bank CC too. It will be easier for you to get approved.

Not only CC, but Axis Bank also has the same ridiculous approval strategy for other loan segments too like Home Loan etc.

Sadly I don't have an LIC policy
I know quite a pathetic service. If you really need Axis CC & you have a LIC policy, try LIC Axis Bank CC too. It will be easier for you to get approved.

Not only CC, but Axis Bank also has the same ridiculous approval strategy for other loan segments too like Home Loan etc.

vortexape

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I feel your pain guys, been 2+ weeks now, exchanged 11 emails so far, and they keep referencing "Internal policies" they are similar to BOB's customer service, just that they copy and paste the responses to totally different queries (in the name of adhering to the 3 BD SLA), I doubt if they even read the emails beyond a point.
I will escalate it RBI once the 30 day window is complete, they will then for sure spring into action.

It's sad to see the state of banking customer support that we get from leading Indian banks. But Axis's credit card issuing process is pretty notorious.

tuhin

TF Premier
I feel your pain guys, been 2+ weeks now, exchanged 11 emails so far, and they keep referencing "Internal policies" they are similar to BOB's customer service, just that they copy and paste the responses to totally different queries (in the name of adhering to the 3 BD SLA), I doubt if they even read the emails beyond a point.
I will escalate it RBI once the 30 day window is complete, they will then for sure spring into action.

It's sad to see the state of banking customer support that we get from leading Indian banks. But Axis's credit card issuing process is pretty notorious.
Bro, not only the Axis Bank CC process but also every other process, say SB or Loans, all are similar & blunt. Once, I faced a charge deduction from Axis Bank for a Credit SMS alert (is it ever possible!!!). I reached them. All were giving copy-paste answers, from branch to nodal & justifying Credit SMS as a chargeable one. This kind of superior service can be possible with Axis Bank only.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Best to take a fd card... After u get one card... Axis is very happy to give u upto 3 cards very easily...as.axis even charges for pre approved cards... So no use in waiting for axis pre approved offers....

Best to take a fd card... After u get one card... Axis is very happy to give u upto 3 cards very easily...as.axis even charges for pre approved cards... So no use in waiting for axis pre approved offers....
How long do I need to hold fd card in order for them to issue an unsecured credit card?

AsB

TF Ace
I applied for Axis Credit card, 4 times in 1.5 years, and all of them were rejected, despite me having 771 CIBIL. In addition, they were reporting incorrect gender.
I visited branch and applied for C2C. Branch people said that I will get the card this time, but guess what? Rejected.
Visited branch again, those branch employee losers asked me to apply for Savings Account. I opened, but I had lost my trust, so I didn't apply for any card.
After 3 months, Axis was running the LTF offers. I applied on February last, very reluctantly, and it was approved.

3 months later, in June, Axis people called again, and asked to apply second card. I denied as it was chargable. But, she said that she would make it LTF. But, she didn't . I escalated. She told me to close this complaint, and she would pay my joining charges. She did, and I closed my complaint and the card.

Will close the account soon altogether. I am waiting for completion of 1 year, otherwise they charge Rs 590/- (appliable to almost all banks) for account closure

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I applied for Axis Credit card, 4 times in 1.5 years, and all of them were rejected, despite me having 771 CIBIL. In addition, they were reporting incorrect gender.
I visited branch and applied for C2C. Branch people said that I will get the card this time, but guess what? Rejected.
Visited branch again, those branch employee losers asked me to apply for Savings Account. I opened, but I had lost my trust, so I didn't apply for any card.
After 3 months, Axis was running the LTF offers. I applied on February last, very reluctantly, and it was approved.

3 months later, in June, Axis people called again, and asked to apply second card. I denied as it was chargable. But, she said that she would make it LTF. But, she didn't . I escalated. She told me to close this complaint, and she would pay my joining charges. She did, and I closed my complaint and the card.

Will close the account soon altogether. I am waiting for completion of 1 year, otherwise they charge Rs 590/- (appliable to almost all banks) for account closure
That's why we call Axis as notorious bro

repertoire

TF Select
Axis has so far rejected all of my applications. Been holding a secured Axis Privilege card (60k limit) since Dec 2021, Prestige savings account too, and I'm still getting exactly zero preapproved offers. Maybe it is my pin code, but I live in an urban area and a short walk away from an Axis branch. Their CC department is just an utter pain to deal with, and I think I've given up on holding any of their unsecured cards.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Axis has so far rejected all of my applications. Been holding a secured Axis Privilege card (60k limit) since Dec 2021, Prestige savings account too, and I'm still getting exactly zero preapproved offers. Maybe it is my pin code, but I live in an urban area and a short walk away from an Axis branch. Their CC department is just an utter pain to deal with, and I think I've given up on holding any of their unsecured cards.
That's quite a unique case.... I have seen people getting upto 3 cards of acis... Within a minth of getting first axis card.... They are very happy to give cards to existing customer... Just like sbi