• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Indian Oil Credit Card LTF

Vishnu

TF Select
I am not sure about the POS. Read them in another comment, that's why made the deduction.
But I took the card because there's an Indian Oil petrol pump near to my office. I did one transaction worth ₹ 329. It was shown as 'under process' for 2 days in app, after which the transaction amount reflected was ₹351. Here I felt cheated. So one thing's for sure .. you need the petrol pump name in the name of 'Indian Oil', not owner.

If yours was not registered under 'Indian Oil', but some owner, and still you got the cashback with no surcharge, you are lucky. Check the old comments in this thread. Many people have complained this. Even someone posted a video about this in a comment.
22 rupee surcharge seems pretty high and unlikely, the normal surcharge charged will be posted as cashback within a week. It seems something else happened in your case as normally surcharge @1 percent is charged for fuel transaction. I feel if you contact the bank they might reverse the excess amount charged. Do let us know what the bank personnel tells you regarding this if you decide to contact them.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
22 rupee surcharge seems pretty high and unlikely, the normal surcharge charged will be posted as cashback within a week. It seems something else happened in your case as normally surcharge @1 percent is charged for fuel transaction. I feel if you contact the bank they might reverse the excess amount charged. Do let us know what the bank personnel tells you regarding this if you decide to contact them.
Thanks for the concern Vishnu. I feel contacting the bank and following up etc is too much work for a mere ₹22 (too much hassle). Instead, I have boycotted the card, so it'll be just another card lying in the drawer. Once bitten twice shy, so I'll be using debit cards for fuel transactions instead.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received the Rs. 250 cashback as well.

Screenshot (38).png
Just an FYI. Even my Axis app transaction list looks exactly like this. But the charged amount was ₹339 for two days when it was under processing. Even the receipt(from petrol pump) which was given to me showed ₹339.94

However, after two days, when processing was complete, the transaction entry changed to ₹351.
So if you have the petrol purchase receipt from the petrol pump, please make sure that the amount charged was indeed ₹252.5 as per receipt
If not, you can fuel again, and verify.
1669890603260.png

1669890614082.jpeg

Last edited:

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis support guys are just next level.

As Burgundy account holder i applied for LTF select card on sept.3rd through mobile app / pre approved cards.

Application remained in process for so long ( it was supposed to be pre approved !) That i wrote a letter to Nodal Officer on 17th.

Got no reply as i waited for 1 month.

Tired of waiting , i applied for LTF Myzone on last day of offer , 15th October.

It was approved and delivered on 25th.

Got LTF Select over phone on 30th October.

And today , finally received a reply from nodal officer telling me " I'm not eligible for credit card " and i should rather open a FD and go for a secured card.

This is called rubbing salt on wound. IMG_20221122_131258.jpg
Had same thing happen with me. Branch staff and Nodal officers are trash af. Phone banking is really really good. Had similar experience with CC guys at branch. Next day got Select via preapproved section on chargeable basis and Phone CS immediately got the charges reversed and converted to LTF.

er.jaisingh

TF Buzz
I have applied for Axis Indian oil on 6th Nov due to LTF offer from last month it is always on first step on tracking and from last two days it is show "No details found", What should i do?

er.jaisingh

TF Buzz
my first application seems to be vanished into thin air, lol no updates, applied again via vkyc 2 days back this time they put a hard enquiry, lets see what happens. after reading whole thread about, now it seems its not worth it to apply for iocl axis card, all fuel cards are BS not a days.
Does it actual have condition for surcharge waiver only on company owned IOCL outlets ?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Just an FYI. Even my Axis app transaction list looks exactly like this. But the charged amount was ₹339 for two days when it was under processing. Even the receipt(from petrol pump) which was given to me showed ₹339.94

However, after two days, when processing was complete, the transaction entry changed to ₹351.
So if you have the petrol purchase receipt from the petrol pump, please make sure that the amount charged was indeed ₹252.5 as per receipt
If not, you can fuel again, and verify.
1669890603260.png

Officially, Amount of Surcharge at petrol pump is Rs.10+GST or 1.18% of txn Amount which ever is higher.

Now Actual Surcharge Depends upon Acquirer Bank. Name of Acquirer Bank is mentioned on Charge Slip

For example as per My experience

If POS terminal belongs to HDFC I am charged 1% of txn Amount as Surcharge.
If POS Terminal belongs to ICICI I am charged Rs.11.80(Minimum Surcharge) as Surcharge even for txn of Rs.100

In your Case Txn Amount is Rs.339.94 and Surcharge is Rs.11.8.

I use one card for fuel txns. ONE CARD reverses the full surcharge whether it is 1.18% or Rs.11.80. Additionally 1% cashback for fuel txns too.

Last edited:

Farhad sekh

TF Premier
Officially, Amount of Surcharge at petrol pump is Rs.10+GST or 1.18% of txn Amount which ever is higher.

Now Actual Surcharge Depends upon Acquirer Bank. Name of Acquirer Bank is mentioned on Charge Slip

For example as per My experience

If POS terminal belongs to HDFC I am charged 1% of txn Amount as Surcharge.
If POS Terminal belongs to ICICI I am charged Rs.11.80(Minimum Surcharge) as Surcharge even for txn of Rs.100

In your Case Txn Amount is Rs.339.94 and Surcharge is Rs.11.8.

I use one card for my fuel txns. ONE CARD reverses the full surcharge whether it is 1.18% or Rs.11.80. Additionally 1% cashback for fuel txns too.
Thanks for the exact info about surcharge