• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank EDGE Reward Points Airmiles Transfer System Is Live | Full Transfer Partner List

rahulmr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I was randomly checking the approx miles needed in Singapore / Qatar airways for one way ticket from Kochi to LAX . KrisFlyer shows 85,000 miles for this and Avios needed in Qatar is 42500 for oneway. Is this the way to calculate or am I missing something here? I am new to this airmiles redemption

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I was randomly checking the approx miles needed in Singapore / Qatar airways for one way ticket from Kochi to LAX . KrisFlyer shows 85,000 miles for this and Avios needed in Qatar is 42500 for oneway. Is this the way to calculate or am I missing something here? I am new to this airmiles redemption
As per SQ award chart Krisflyer require 85000 miles for Economy Advantage seat. Zone 6 to Zone 12 travel.

Attachments

• SQ_AwdChart.pdf
    91.4 KB · Views: 46

rahulmr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As per SQ award chart Krisflyer require 85000 miles for Economy Advantage seat. Zone 6 to Zone 12 travel.
Thanks a lot but Qatar shows half the rate for one way. Can you please check that as well if possible? So how many edge reward points may we need for 85K miles

Rjain1111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am seeing a lot of interest in Axis mileage transfer. Based on my previous experience with ITC and Krsflyer, I would recommend that don't transfer the points until you are sure of travelling and can see reward nights/seats.

Many times I have seen that such redemption is not available easily (nothing beats Vistara on this though. They are super transparent). So instead of getting stuck in another programme, wait until you are sure of travel and availability.

Also, I am seeing 24%, 30% numbers in many places but based on my conservative estimate, we should not value edge reward points more than INR 0.5 or 0.6. If you take that as a case, this would mean around 3.5% return on regular spending and 15-18% return on 1 L spend which reduces once you spend more.

This is also very similar to HDFC DB and Infinia when 10x offers were live.

Hence, while this is a fantastic offer, please be cautious when transferring.

Can someone confirm if ClubVistara is 5:4 as well? I am on the fence if I should take a Magnus card or not but if Club Vistara 5:4 is there then it's a no brainer

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am seeing a lot of interest in Axis mileage transfer. Based on my previous experience with ITC and Krsflyer, I would recommend that don't transfer the points until you are sure of travelling and can see reward nights/seats.

Many times I have seen that such redemption is not available easily (nothing beats Vistara on this though. They are super transparent). So instead of getting stuck in another programme, wait until you are sure of travel and availability.

Also, I am seeing 24%, 30% numbers in many places but based on my conservative estimate, we should not value edge reward points more than INR 0.5 or 0.6. If you take that as a case, this would mean around 3.5% return on regular spending and 15-18% return on 1 L spend which reduces once you spend more.

This is also very similar to HDFC DB and Infinia when 10x offers were live.

Hence, while this is a fantastic offer, please be cautious when transferring.
Isn't there a limit on award seats on Vistara on a particular flight? I read somewhere that he wasn't allowed to redeem more than 2 tix on a single flight. I agree Vistara is transparent, but I was looking at how many tix can you redeem on a particular flight

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can someone confirm if ClubVistara is 5:4 as well? I am on the fence if I should take a Magnus card or not but if Club Vistara 5:4 is there then it's a no brainer
No, Vistara is 5:1

Khaiz

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot but Qatar shows half the rate for one way. Can you please check that as well if possible? So how many edge reward points may we need for 85K miles
There are Saver Award Fares on Krisflyer for 51K Miles One way. EDF63497-D223-4E29-A66F-FE0A37A220C7.jpeg

Rjain1111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Isn't there a limit on award seats on Vistara on a particular flight? I read somewhere that he wasn't allowed to redeem more than 2 tix on a single flight. I agree Vistara is transparent, but I was looking at how many tix can you redeem on a particular flight
Typically there are 9 award seats.

Business class -2
Premium economy -4
Economy - 3

This is what I have gathered from previous bookings. Others can correct.